Sugar Tit, SC superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
COBL_04 said:
i couldn't deal with going to a full day of crciket without the atmosphere the crowd provides.

What more do you need than the crack of leather on willow and scattered applause?

It's fucking paradise. When i went to check out a day of the NZ First Class comp in Christchurch last year, it was great. I couldn't have been more relaxed unless i was in a coma.

oh i just reckon cricket can get boring, as much as i love the game. for example imagine going to the recent nz/eng series where every batsman's strike rate was 30, and being one of 20 people in the crowd.

Alisaura said:
I reckon that rugby player faked being hurt so he didn't have to admit he fucked up that bad... :lol:

He did kick a shitload of the ground. You wouldn't believe the weather today.

I can't believe the tee went further than the ball, and by quite a significant margin.

coolian2 said:

As long as there isn't a public address system i don't give a shit how big or small domestic cricket crowds are.

Nah, a decent sized crowd gives you some atmosphere. The MCG with just 500 people is a pathetic joke.

Some sort of chicken soup for dinner today... there are mushrooms and corn and leek and all sorts of things in here.

Also... SHOCK!! I've started tidying my room... there is now more than a square foot of carpet visible :ohmy:

These enchiladas are so worth the effort. :drool:

COBL_04 said:
There was a terrific cartoon in yesterday's paper by Macca in the Herald Sun in the sport.

Coin toss at the MCG today, Melb v Freo, and the Melb captain says "I want a head count!" (relating to the issues last week) but then it is revealed he is counting the crowd. "72, 73, wont take much longer..."

:lmao:

:lmao: Awesome.

coolian2 said:

Well the MCG is a completely different story. 500 people in a near 100,000 seat stadium?

I'm talking NZ cricket grounds.

500 is probably capacity in Blenheim! :laugh:

COBL_04 said:
oh i just reckon cricket can get boring, as much as i love the game. for example imagine going to the recent nz/eng series where every batsman's strike rate was 30, and being one of 20 people in the crowd.

Yeah, that would've been shit.

Still, it sounds fucking awesome compared to watching ten minutes of American football on telly or something.

Alisaura said:
Also... SHOCK!! I've started tidying my room... there is now more than a square foot of carpet visible :ohmy:

:ohmy: :ohmy:

Discovered anything you thought you'd lost yet? Like ... a bass guitar? :wink:

Alisaura said:

Is that what that was... I thought his shoe had come off at first. :giggle:

I've seen something similar - one Warriors player was running down the sideline, the next thing we see is a shoe fly about 10 feet into the air....................and he still ran another 30 metres to score!

Alisaura said:

It makes those illegal Mexican waves quite challenging.

:lol:

Hey Ali, I'm shocked you aren't watching Corey gatecrash Big Bother! :wink:

COBL_04 said:
its a horse race in america, and the horse that came second broke two ankles and was euthanised on track. so sad.
Aah right... I'd heard of the race, just didn't know what had happened.

Poor bloody horse... :(

Someone once asked Dr Hugh Wirth why horses get killed when they break a leg; and he, animal rights advocate that he is, replied that it really is more humane to kill them, because vetinary medicine simply isn't good enough to set the horse's leg again, because the tendons are so strong.

yeah it is really, really sad.

check out what some idiot posted over in the thread in the sports forum... terrible thing to say.

hey bonnie.

good game the eagles played. :wink:

Hey, Millburnians, Ali in particular, can I bug you again with a "can you ID this?" photo?

What's the big circular thing in the background of this photo? It looks like a massive ferris wheel. Is it? I have a number of distance photos of it but frankly have no idea what it's meant to be! This particular photo is taken from the LaTrobe Street bridge over the railway near the Telstra Dome.

s640x480

coolian2 said:
I hate mexican waves, especially when started by the rugby n00bs at Warriors games.

Hey, fuck you! There's a game on, for fucks sake!

It's alright at cricket.

I loved it when the U2 audiences got impatient and started Mexican waves. It went around eight or nine times in one Aussie city, I think at a Sydney gig.

Axver said:
Discovered anything you thought you'd lost yet? Like ... a bass guitar? :wink:
:p

At least I have room to swing the thing around, now.

Did find a few tops I thought I'd lost (although where else they could have gone is beyond me), and a Metlink keyring which I have for some reason, and a pile of stuff I posted back here from overseas, which I'm only now putting into my "Holiday" archive box. Including one stick of Brighton Rock which I never ate...
And also some shortbread someone gave me for Christmas. It doesn't taste TOO stale... :uhoh:

There's still a way to go, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom