Stuck in a moment = Michael Hutchence?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jazzy

Babyface
Well, bono did mention that stuck is about suicide. Do you think it was inspired by the death of Hutchence???

Very possible.

------------------
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle.

[This message has been edited by Jazzy (edited 10-29-2000).]

I read an article some where where Bono said that it was a song he wrote to a dead friend and that it was not Michael Hutchence. It's been a while since I read it so I might be a little foggy on what he actually said.

That would fit totally, absolutely, and completely, except that I recall Bono said expressly it wasn't about him. It still seems like it could easily be about him, though.

I think it's a song maybe about both (Hutchence and his nanny) but maybe didn't want it to get lost in some 'Michael Hutchence Tribute Song' hype thing. The biggest clues to it at least being influenced by Hutchence are the fact that a couple of times they have said it's a song about suicide and the biggest being when the band were in Australia for the Popmart tour (only a couple of months after Hutchence died), at a press conference someone asked Bono why he thought he commited suicide and Bono said...wait for it..."I think he was just stuck in the middle of a moment that he couldn't get out of." Thats the exact quote. For some reason I kept a few of the newspaper clippings from that tour and looked it up. Too close a coincidence for me...

I just came across a recent Rolling Stone's interview with the Edge and he says...

"Stuck in a Moment is quite a personal lyric about some people that we got to know who ended up becoming complete victims and losing their sight of what life is all about, and going completely under. So it's kind of a heavy theme, quite a heavy song."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom