Still working on the album...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they decided Dave Fanning is bad luck and are trying someone new for album announcements. :wink:

I hope that Bono was drunk enough to give out good info and not so drunk that he does nothing but ramble about Frank Sinatra.

I won't get my hopes up but I can't remember a longer quiet period for U2 in terms of new album descriptions. Bono's got to start rattling some time soon.

I'm hoping we get the title, a release timeframe and some news about whether it is done or not. And I'm hoping the title is not a "sentence" If this is some ruse on her part, she's going to learn about Interference tomorrow.

I'm not holding my breath for any big revelations, as this interview will have almost certainly been edited before airing (to meet the approval of all concerned with U2). So even if Bono did get a little tipsy and spill some juicy details, there's no guarantee we'll get to hear it.

Amanda Brunker ‏@AmandaJBrunker
So I'm listening back to my Bono interview & I seem to have lost 4 mins of audio... @1068fm I think we may have a problem!!! #radio #sunday

bet you that was the bit with the "album news" :D

lol wouldn't it be hilarious if she coincidentally 'lost' the exact piece where said 'new album news' would've been mentioned? :wink: Would be great trolling.

The hard drive holding the interview will mysteriously explode just as the interview gets to the point about the album.

a quote worth remembering today..

Bono, the Mother Teresa of abandoned songs, compassionately continues arguing the case for every single idea that has ever experienced even the most transitory existence.
-- Brian Eno

a quote worth remembering today..

-- Brian Eno

So true. I remember an interview with him and edge, around the time that mid-360 tour album might've come out (spring 2011, i think?), where someone asked Bono directly how far along they'd come with the danger mouse sessions.

He said something like "we actually have quite a few songs now! I mean, some of them still need hooks. And bass, and drums. And... guitar and vocals."

Interviewer: And now we have a big announcement coming up, a world exclusive. Bono, will you tell us the title and release date of the new U2 album?

:bono: :blahblah: :And we will call it ------------

(4 Minutes lost)

The hard drive holding the interview will mysteriously explode just as the interview gets to the point about the album.
I would welcome this. It would be more exciting, being we're likely to get a whole bunch of rehashed-nothing-blabber about the new album anyhow. :wink:

I hear that the new album will be a rock-opera concept album entitled "The Fiscal Cliff".

So true. I remember an interview with him and edge, around the time that mid-360 tour album might've come out (spring 2011, i think?), where someone asked Bono directly how far along they'd come with the danger mouse sessions.

He said something like "we actually have quite a few songs now! I mean, some of them still need hooks. And bass, and drums. And... guitar and vocals."

I think that was the Brian Williams Bono and Edge Spiderman interview.

Daniel Lanois plus Brian Eno=Danger Mouse? on MSN Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom