Still working on the album...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pop was and still is a very strong album. Gone in it's original version is One of their best songs to date in my opinion. If Pop hadn't been released and immediately released a traditional album like ATYCLB after Zooropa I think the band would have been killed by commercial failiure.

Pop was HUGE in South America.

That really helped the album...

It should be noted Larry was the one that said "complete reinvention" since NLOTH. And the other three aren't exactly mindless lemmings that do everything Larry says.

I'll simplify and end this Pop discussion that has been going forever in this forum:

- if you like Pop, you have great taste.

- if you don't like Pop, you have a shitty taste.

I had a dream last night that the albums were announced for a December 3rd release date. The titles had "Illustration" in the title (or maybe it was "illumination"), and the album art were abstractish drawings of the band.

There were also song titles in my dream, and the second album was more of an EP. I remember being super excited, and based on the song titles, I felt it was going to be more experimental.

This, of course, means nothing about anything, other than I have an active fantasy life in my dreams.

Edit: I checked my calendar, and December 3 is actually a Tuesday. Ha! Go, cori's subliminal brainwaves!

I had a dream last night that the albums were announced for a December 3rd release date. The titles had "Illustration" in the title (or maybe it was "illumination"), and the album art were abstractish drawings of the band.

What if is Illuminati and it will became the era of Bono trying to conquer the world?

It's possible.

Meanwhile, earlier this year (or it was later last year? I don't remember), I dreamt that the album was released in november, and we heard the single in august. I remember that I favorited my tweet for future evidence

There were also song titles in my dream, and the second album was more of an EP. I remember being super excited, and based on the song titles, I felt it was going to be more experimental.

This, of course, means nothing about anything, other than I have an active fantasy life in my dreams.

Edit: I checked my calendar, and December 3 is actually a Tuesday. Ha! Go, cori's subliminal brainwaves!

I woke up this morning face down in the front yard, again, near the driveway and apparently id been marked by stray cats (again). Actually, to be honest, it was the sound of stray cats having sex that woke me up in the first place. Anyway I woke up with a massive headache and it must have been 4 AM but it might have been later, 5 or 630 perhaps, ill never know.

I came inside and fell asleep again but somewhere in all of this I had a dream that we (some unknown friends and myself) were up front at a U2 concert, somewhere. Apparently this was a smaller private show, in an intimate club unlike recent mega tours we've grown accustomed to. The band looked really young and were in great shape and form, really into the show. For the encore my friends and I all held up signs that simply said "ONE" and we even had fluorescent shirts that had "ONE" on them.

Bono saw this and the band began to play the song 'one'. He dedicated the song to us which was really nice. Then midway during the song, Bono is singing "we're one, but we're not the same...."
and he noticed that one of the people in our group had the numeral "1" on their sign & shirt instead of having it spelled out "one". For some reason this pissed him off, he went off on some mini tirade that lasted about 15 seconds, to the bewilderment of the band and everyone else in attendance, and then he stormed off the stage, followed by Larry and eventually Edge and Adam.

The last thing I remember Dallas Schoo came out and apologized to us and offered us Edges guitar picks. He then told us the band were gone and we didn't need to wait around for them. Most everyone shuffled off but I remained. I asked Dallas where they'd gone and he just stared at me for a few minutes. Then he began poking me in the chest without saying anything at all. I asked him if he was hungry and he slapped me in the face and then began to purr. I asked him what he wanted to eat and he just smiled at me and said "ill take the usual, but for heavens sakes would you please get your ass out of bed and clean up my shitbox?"

I've heard about some things that were huge in South America. I'm not sure this is a good review for Pop.

The Popmart tour did very well in South America.

Rush is able to sell out multiple consecutive nights @ the biggest stadiums in South America without an an album to support.

Draw what conclusions from that you will.

The Popmart tour did very well in South America.

Rush is able to sell out multiple consecutive nights @ the biggest stadiums in South America without an an album to support.

Draw what conclusions from that you will.

You dislike Rush even more than you dislike Pop?

I've been having dreams lately in which U2 decide to do the 360 Tour again, but it's really sad and pathetic. In the first one I had, Bono was performing alone in what looked like an old cathedral that had been converted into a concert hall with a small Claw set up. I thought that if people thought Bono was full of himself before... The second dream had the whole band playing, but the Claw was just a paper cutout instead of the real one and hardly anyone had shown up to see them. In the one I had last night, I was outside the concert because I didn't want to go, but changed my mind because I wanted to hear MOS. So I walked right past security and went in, but there weren't very many people and there were some shabby wooden panels that were too tall in front of the stage instead of barricades, so I could only see Bono's stubby fingers reaching over them. It was sad.

cori, Mrs G & RD :applaud: :lol: dreams! Paper cut out Claw!!! :lmao:

I had one about ?2 months ago where I saw a image in the sky of the new album cover! (10 reasons for living)

And then i suddenly had an old size 12 inch album cover print-proof of it in my hands.
I was showing it to an advertising agency i was just hired to..... it seemed i had designed it.
one of senior people said I couldn't have outside clients. i told them this was done already.
Then suddenly Bono & Edge were standing in the large hallway right next to where we had been sitting at a big long table. I got up walked over there. There was a 5ft by 5 ft poster on the floor of same album cover that they were standing next to, I ran over to hug them ...which i did and then i woke up!:grumpy: :lol:

The most torturous U2 dreams are the ones where your brain actually makes up a cool melody with the U2 sound and you can't remember it when you wake up.

I must be a U2 fan:doh:

of all the quotes and tidbits we've got over the past year or so, that's probably the most encouraging. it doesn't offer any insight at all, but just that bono is (probably) focused.

i still believe that he's the creative force behind the band moreso than edge, so that's really encouraging to me.

it's also not like U2 need any extra hype at all. the name U2 is all they need for a hype machine. they don't need to be cutting down a piece of the Space Moon or set the edge on fire and send him to the future from venus to bring back some punk-rock sounds in order to get people to care about the next U2 album. the public will always be interested in U2. people will buy the album, and sell out all the concerts regardless of if there's a hit on the CD or not (see: 360 tour).

anyway, i'm rambling, but i'm encouraged with all the news lately. i'll expect concrete news in july, maybe even august.

I would expect some concrete news in August for an October release, September for November etc., with a single premiere the same month. If I remember correctly, it was January last time out. However, that was probably due to the fact that that album was finished last minute. I certainly remember How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb being announced and talked about earlier. So news could come as early as July in terms of an album announcement but I wouldn't expect it.

I'm encouraged by the fact that Bono is being quiet but I think they over exposed themselves last time.

Is anyone else worried that Bono's zipped lip might equal a lack of enthusiasm? I agree he's the creative force behind the band, but not talking might mean he's not completely sold on what's going on. Of course, if there's truth to the rumor that Danger Mouse is really pushing him, it might just mean that he's out of his comfort zone, which could be interesting.

Is anyone else worried that Bono's zipped lip might equal a lack of enthusiasm? I agree he's the creative force behind the band, but not talking might mean he's not completely sold on what's going on. Of course, if there's truth to the rumor that Danger Mouse is really pushing him, it might just mean that he's out of his comfort zone, which could be interesting.

I hope not. I get the feeling that the band is making a concerted effort to keep discussion about the album low, and I think it's stemming from that. There was definitely some regret, at least on Bono's part, after the last tour about how No Line's release was handled. I would guess (hope?) that it had something to do with the "watering down" of the album for commercial reasons, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bono also didn't look back happily at the massive publicity that No Line received (which more or less backfired). And I bet (hope?) that that is what is keeping Bono quiet.

Let's not forget the first twenty seconds of this:
Bono and The Edge - Staring At The Sun A Decade of Difference Concert [HQ] - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom