Stephen Baldwin - Bono, shut up and sing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aygo

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I don't know if something has already been posted about this and if it is the right thread, but anyway, here it goes something I read in a portuguese U2fan site...

The actor Stephen Baldwin has recently released a book in which he affirms God is the responsible for the 9/11 attacks, the Katrina catastrophy and other tragedies and he asks Bono to give up of his activism and start only to sing because God will take care of the poorest one [this last paragraph is the traduction of the original text in portuguese]:

«The 40-year-old, who also starred in the classic "The Usual Suspects," believes God was involved in 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina. "I came away from 9/11 saying to myself, 'I don't know what it is, but I have a feeling God is involved here,' " Marcus Baram reports on his site www.muckraked.com. "People wonder why God allows something like Hurricane Katrina. Turn it around and look at it from His point of view."
The book's not all hymns and sins. Baldwin has some advice for Bono: Shut up and sing. "You would do far more good if you preached the gospel of Jesus, rather than trying to get Third World debt relief," he wrote. "God will take care of that Third World country. Get back to your calling, Bono."[...]»

I say: Baldwin, shut up and act. We don't need your stupid and ignorant thoughts and testments, so you should keep them for yourself.

:yawn: did somebody mention god??

God is a creation of Humans, not the other way around!

question for the believers, if God controls all we do, then why does He make us kill ourselves and let others starve to death? why is there an idiot as George Bush head of America and WHY DO I HAVE FECKIN HARRY POTTER AS PRIME MINISTER?????

Galeongirl said:
question for the believers, if God controls all we do, then why does He make us kill ourselves and let others starve to death? why is there an idiot as George Bush head of America and WHY DO I HAVE FECKIN HARRY POTTER AS PRIME MINISTER?????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Blair could be worse....

Bono's shades said:

I don't hate him. It's not his fault he's as dumb as box of rocks. He's so pathetic I almost feel sorry for him.

:yes: Why anyone would put any credence at all into something Baldwin, a C or D actor at best, says is beyond me.

Galeongirl said:

But that's just it, God doesn't control everything we do! He gave the human race free will!! We were the only species on earth who were brave/dumb enough to except the responsibility of our own actions. But too many people seem to have forgotten this and expect God to solve all the problems WE cause through our own actions, or the lack of!!!! :(

Galeongirl said:

Wow, that's not really off topic and inapropriate for this forum or anything. :| Try FYM or the Goal is Soul, maybe you could even find Bono and ask him why he believes in such things.

Just because HUMANS do horrible things doesn't mean there is no higher power out there somewhere.

people dont read Bibles

anyhoo...stephen baldwin isnt really an actor per se anymore, i know for one thing, he is starting a Christian record label with former Korn guitarist Brian Welch, among other things

i find it hard to believe he said that God told him to be in Bio-Dome...did someone make that up? I respect that he has turned to God instead of going down the path he was, but he is providing stuff for people like you all to take out of context completely

as for Galeongirl's laughable post...thats almost a free will/ predetermination subject, something that even the Church, in all its corruption and confusion, argues about

Galeongirl said:

So what are doing on a message board for what is essentially a Christian Rock Band? If the mere mention of God causes this reaction for you, I wonder what you do when U2 plays Gloria in concert or ends their shows with 40.

Theology discussions are better suited for FYM, people.

That said, many people of differing religions, or athiests/agnostics enjoy U2. They're not exclusive to Christians.

martha said:
Which brother is Stephen? :scratch: Is he the one who had the drug breakdown on that VH-1 fat celeb show? Or am I thinking of a different Baldwin?

that's another baldwin.

stephen baldwin was the funny baldwin, from the flintstones sequel that was horrible and celebrity mole.

Maoilbheannacht said:

So what are doing on a message board for what is essentially a Christian Rock Band? If the mere mention of God causes this reaction for you, I wonder what you do when U2 plays Gloria in concert or ends their shows with 40.

I said before, I think the same as GG and I actually do love 'Gloria' and '40'.... It might be oxy-moron but it's just the way I think... I don't think I have to believe in God if I want to be a fan of U2

Aygo said:
Baldwin has some advice for Bono: Shut up and sing. "You would do far more good if you preached the gospel of Jesus, rather than trying to get Third World debt relief," he wrote.

But isn't that exactly what Bono is doing? Throughout his campaigns he has frequently cited Christ's words about our obligations to the poor. He constantly uses scriptural quotes to support his efforts and to persuade others to help.

Maoilbheannacht said:
So what are doing on a message board for what is essentially a Christian Rock Band?

Hey, those be fightin' words :mad:

Who's gonna be the one to break it to Adam that he's been playing in a Christian rock band all these years? :wink:

(While we're at it, who's gonna break it to the other three?)

Seriously, people of all beliefs love U2 (I'm agnostic). Galeongirl's post made it sound like she thought everyone who believed in a higher power--even if that higher power had nothing to do with any religion--was inherently flawed.

Let's get back to what this thread was originally about-- and that is making fun of Stephen Baldwin. It's really like shooting fish in a barrell.

Dahlia said:

I said before, I think the same as GG and I actually do love 'Gloria' and '40'.... It might be oxy-moron but it's just the way I think... I don't think I have to believe in God if I want to be a fan of U2

No, but you do have to respect other peoples beliefs and GG posts did not sound like a person who would enjoy songs about Jesus, God and prayer which happen to be important parts of many U2 songs. There are few bands out there that are more spiritual than U2. Even Adam said that "God was walking through the room" on the Elevation tour.

Lemonfix said:

Hey, those be fightin' words :mad:

Who's gonna be the one to break it to Adam that he's been playing in a Christian rock band all these years? :wink:

(While we're at it, who's gonna break it to the other three?)

Seriously, people of all beliefs love U2 (I'm agnostic). Galeongirl's post made it sound like she thought everyone who believed in a higher power--even if that higher power had nothing to do with any religion--was inherently flawed.

Let's get back to what this thread was originally about-- and that is making fun of Stephen Baldwin. It's really like shooting fish in a barrell.

Adam obviously does not have a problem with people believing in God like GG seems too, hell he even mentioned that "God was walking through the room" on the elevation tour.

I'll quote Soth Park and mr./mrs. Garrison: "All the Baldwins are dead."
I would add they are trying hard to bang their head in the wall,and doing it pretty good

Maoilbheannacht said:

Adam obviously does not have a problem with people believing in God like GG seems too, hell he even mentioned that "God was walking through the room" on the elevation tour.

That's only because he'd heard too much of Bono's hyperbole, and it finally got to him. :wink:

Re: Re: Stephen Baldwin - Bono, shut up and sing!

biff said:

But isn't that exactly what Bono is doing? Throughout his campaigns he has frequently cited Christ's words about our obligations to the poor. He constantly uses scriptural quotes to support his efforts and to persuade others to help.

and you, my friend, have hit the nail on the head.

Back
Top Bottom