Step By Step Korg A3 Sysx SPC-01 Dump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BadaBing!

Babyface
I want to add something to this site that's not really available anywhere else on the net. A step by step guide on how to connect a midi device for a sysx dump to either a Korg SPC-XX card or to the A3 directly.

For instance, I have a Korg A3 and an SPC-02 card that has god awful tones that I have no need for. I could just wipe this card and put the much desired SPC-01 sysex info on it.

With your help, I hope to have this updated and completed ASAP.

Currently I have a M-Audio midiman connected I have NFI how. I will keep you updated. Photos etc... included.

LOL I just brought an SPC-01 off eBay so I guess im not going to bother with this now. Been searching for ages!

I don't want to buy a card so I was wondering if you could still shine some light on how to do it with the computer. Thanks.

+1. I know there's a lot of info on the korgaseries.org site (what program to use, etc.), but I'm wondering on the right cable: My sound card doesn't have MIDI so I'll need to settle for a USB adapter. Would something like this work?

ASKVideo ESI MIDIMATE II

midimate.jpg

Hello all
I've tried dumping the SPC 01 to the A3 directly but I get the DATA ERROR message. I tired changing the speed but nothing seems to help. Can anyone help?:doh:

What program do you use for the USB/MIDI transfer? I used Bome's SendSX with Vista, which worked fine for me! Also, make sure the switch at the back of the A3 is set in input and not output! There went one hour of my life that I'll never get back again before I noticed that! :doh:

Not sure if the info helps, hope you get the SPC01 card running. The A3 is simply worth the money just to play the Mysterious ways riff. :drool:

Thanks a lot for your reply mirrorballman. I use the same program. What was your "SPEED OF SENDING MIDI"? I tried the default one and then all other ones but every single time I get the DATA ERROR message. I tried the switch in both OUT and THRU positions and still same thing happens. I have no idea what I might be doing wrong. I'll describe my step by step process. See if that's how you did it:

1. Open Bome and OPEN the spc file
2. Press UTILITY on the A3, then MIDI, LOAD and YES
3 Press F4 on the keyboard.

I know the computer is sending it because the light is flashing and at the end it tells me SENT 29198 bytes but the A3 displays DATA ERROR every single time. Help me please:doh::huh:

Got it running today. My God that is an awesome device, not only for "Mysterious Ways" :drool:

I could use some help here. I am using bome with windows 8. Utility set to load on the a3. Midi is in input set to thru. Still nada

Any help would be great

Back
Top Bottom