Stadium Arcadium has leaked.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Numb1075 said:

I agree for the most part. Some of their sillier stuff from back in the day is unlistenable to me and that includes about 5 songs from Mother's Milk.

I hope you aren't including BSSM in that quote, because that album ranks up there w/ the best.

BSSM has more songs I like than Mother's Milk, but not as many songs as I like on Californication or even OHM. That latter gets such an unfortunate bum rap.
By the Way, likewise, has more songs I love than Californication. This recent double album has the least amount of songs I either dislike or am apathetic towards.

This came in the post yesterday -

uni.jpg

How excited am I!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :dancing::applaud::hyper:
:dancing:

:yikes: Before I get crucified ...Ok, Ok, as someone who would consider herself a Pepper fan..I finally got a chance to listen to the album with much anticipation and excitement. I've read good reviews and wonderful things on this thread. The beginnings os songs would sound kinda cool and them a minute into it the repetition would get to me..I had heard the greatest things about Snow and Wet Sand and was not impressed at all. While the songs aren't bad...they don't feel like anything new, I don't feel or hear any difference, progression, excitement...just a bunch of mediocre recycled songs . My fave RHCP albums include Californication, One Hot Minute and Blood Sugar [solely for I Could Have Lied]. I've given it more listens since some albums are growers but so far this album appears to not be growing at all. This is very reminiscent to listening to Coldplay's X&Y.

Last edited:
elevation2u said:
:yikes: Before I get crucified ...Ok, Ok, as someone who would consider herself a Pepper fan..I finally got a chance to listen to the album with much anticipation and excitement. I've read good reviews and wonderful things on this thread. The beginnings os songs would sound kinda cool and them a minute into it the repetition would get to me..I had heard the greatest things about Snow and Wet Sand and was not impressed at all. While the songs aren't bad...they don't feel like anything new, I don't feel or hear any difference, progression, excitement...just a bunch of mediocre recycled songs . My fave RHCP albums include Californication, One Hot Minute and Blood Sugar [solely for I Could Have Lied]. I've given it more listens since some albums are growers but so far this album appears to not be growing at all. This is very reminiscent to listening to Coldplay's X&Y.

clearly you're not that big a fan if you dont like by the way and only like BSSM for one song.

Ive got ticketfast. I get happy when I look over at the bulletin board and see those large tickets.

never said I'm the biggest fan, but still a fan ...and the one song thing was an exageration, I meant to say that the song alone makes the cd fantastic..which isnt to say I dislike the other songs. I do like By The Way but it's just not on my top 3 fave. ... I'm sure you'll have a great time at the show, I've always wanted to go see them live but I always happen to be broke when the tix go on sale :angry:.

The album might be a "grower" to you. Keep listening. I think it's very similar to Californication. Tons of great songs.

:up: Thanks!

Just a bit of fun...and maybe a slight stab against the current 'American Idol' syndrome. Flea's aim with the chair is pretty impressive, isn't it?

funny video, I liked it :up:

I spotted Flea in the Pauly Shore movie "Son-in-Law" the other day.

He plays a tattoo store owner and looks exactly the same then ('93) as he does now.

Petty will not sue RHCP

from Rolling Stone on line:
****************************************************Forget all that stuff about Tom Petty suing the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Earlier this month the New York Post reported that the remarkable similarities between the Chili Peppers’ “Dani California” and “Last Dance With Mary Jane” could turn into a lawsuit. “Tom Petty was made aware of this and is looking into legal ramifications,” the item stated. “The Chili Peppers could be facing a huge plagiarism lawsuit.”

But Petty set the record straight himself in the July 14th issue of Rolling Stone, on newstands today. Here’s an excerpt:

RS: Have you heard the Red Hot Chili Peppers song “Dani California” yet, because obviously it sounds a lot like “Mary Jane’s Last Dance.”

Petty: Yes, I have. Everyone everywhere is stopping me. The truth is, I seriously doubt that there is any negative intent there. And a lot of rock & roll songs sound alike. Ask Chuck Berry. The Strokes took “American Girl” [for their song “Last Nite”], and I saw an interview with them where they actually admitted it. That made me laugh out loud. I was like, “OK, good for you.” It doesn’t bother me.

RS: There have been news reports that you were going to sue the Chili Peppers.

Petty: If someone took my song note for note and stole it maliciously, then maybe. But I don’t believe in lawsuits much. I think there are enough frivolous lawsuits in this country without people fighting over pop songs.

That's great! Good on him! Just for that I'm gonna include a Tom Petty song in my new Desert Island mix. ;)

Tom is just rolling up a fatty and listening to Dani California and chillin - no lawsuits...just chillin

Tom Petty for Prez !!

Yey! I saw them last night!!!
:rockon:

I love this band even more now :love:

They started off with Can't Stop, then into Dani California which really got the crowd going. I think they followed with Scar Tissue though it is all a blur after that!!
They did :
Fortune Faded
Me & My Friends
Californication
Charlie
Snow (hey oh)
Don't Forget Me
By the Way
Throw Away Your Television
Tell Me Baby - which again really got the crowd singing
Strip My Mind

..and probably some others but I can't remember

And for the encore they did:
Under the Bridge
Give it Away

Anthony disappeared off the stage after Give it Away and left Flea, John and Chad to jam for about 10 or 15 minutes together - John and Flea were kneeled into front of each other at one point which was pretty cool. Flea and John really seemed to enjoy themselves - there were loads of points where they came together and just jammed during songs.

Anthony was in fine voice - I was impressed actually as I have sometimes heard him sing out of tune live but he seemed to hit every note.

Flea was probably the most interactive with the crowd - that guy is totally amazing - jumping around for the best part of an hour and a half and totally into the music. He also appeared to be wearing some sort of pink jumpsuit (at least it looked this way for where I was sat). Classic Flea:)

John did a version of How Deep Is Your Love - I was very impressed with his falsetto on this!! As expected he was pretty awesome on the guitar - some of his solos were :drool:

I could just about see Chad from where I was sat - you have to see him live to appreciate what an ace drummer he really is - I always think he gets forgotten.:up:

All in all - a great concert - it was great to see them clearly loving what they are doing. My only minus point was that the support acts were a bit random - !!! and some other band who's name I don't know.

excellent.

I think that Can't Stop is one of their finest moments and a perfect tune to kick off a show. I'm surprised it didn't get the same kind of reaction that the new songs got.

Don't get me wrong - Can't Stop got a pretty good reaction - it is an amazing song to start of with as it builds up in the intro of the song. I think Dani California went down so well as it is their most recent single (after Tell Me Baby) - less hardcore fans at the concert probably knew this one the best (plus it is a great singalong, arms in the air tune too :up: )

Under the Bridge was probably the highlight for me - I think the whole crowd was singing along. I saw them in 1994 and this is the song I remember the most - I was sat on someone's shoulders with my arms in the air and it was awesome back then too. :love:

Under the Bridge is such an awesome tune. But I don't know about England, but here in New York it was played incessantly when it came out.

And I can not listen to it in it's entirety until probably 2015.:wink:

Since this is the big Chilis thread right now, does anyone else think 'Universally Speaking' is a waste of an amazing, Beatles-worthy outro on a crappy, go-nowhere song?

That outro is amazing :drool:
It makes me want to have children and name them after guitars. And have each of them name each of their six children E,A, D, G,B, and E, respectively.

Actually, the outro has some Springsteen-ian quality to it as well :drool: :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom