SPOILERS U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour Rehearsals/Soundcheck Thread SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not 100% happy with the set list considering it’s my first time seeing the band (no Streets etc.). I’d love to see EBW as well and where is The Little Things? Might seem random, but I’d love to hear Van Diemen’s Land.

I think it'll make its way into the set once they see the crowd is craving JT songs. But I was in a similar boat when I first saw them; One is my favorite U2 song and it wasn't played at either of the two shows I saw in 2015.

All Because of You.... certainly didn’t see that one coming.

Wonder if Gloria and All Because of You will be rotating tunes.

Nice to see they did Acrobat yesterday.

I’m starting to think Streets might not happen. The transition is usually a huge part of the show and the fact that they haven’t rehearsed it yet is pretty suspect.

Love the two additions.

It's notable that they mention it may be the final night rehearsing at that venue.

If it wasn’t for Bonnaroo, I don’t think Vertigo would have been played until a little later in the tour.

It’s interesting. As you say I think Bonaroo was a big reason to play it, and obviously it stuck. Wonder when it would have made an appearance in the tour had they not have played Bonaroo

I don’t see how, when they mis-identified The Ocean as An Cat Dubh, and forgot Acrobat yesterday, they can claim Love is all we Have Left is pre-recorded

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhyq9kchJFQ/?hl=en&taken-by=u2

First glimpse of the "augmented reality" visuals?

Honestly, that clip does make me excited to see what they’ll do with the visuals on this tour. I think the version of Iris they’re rehearsing is different to the one in 2015.

One thing I’m pretty sure of. The augmented reality is going to bring these stories to life in a way never seen before it’s going to be amazing to see!

Yes, it has been used before. But I do find the images quite explicit. Also using phones or glasses or whatever other "device" in a concert setting just doesn't make any sense, even for seats.

Anyway, I didn't want to go so far off topic ;) I'm excited to see what they will use either way. Considering taking a seat for the first time in my life just for that (just once, the rest will be GA ;) )

Back to setlist: I'm slightly (actually very) annoyed by this Iris video they posted. Now bragging about playing a song that's been played every single night of the i+e tour? WTF? :doh:

Well I think for both tours. Iris is the perfect song which has a very powerful story of the innocence period. I think you have to include iris in this tour again. Maybe Bono will use it in another context

VERY happy about Gloria. I've seen it twice in my life (2005 and 2015), but I will take it every time! ABOY is a song I'm indifferent about, but I'm sure I'd enjoy it just fine when they play it. Good to see some variety taking shape.

All because of you and Gloria now thrown into the mix!

The former is incredibly random but those are two proper hard hitting U2 rockers that I certainly wouldn’t mind hearing live!!

That’s more like it boys

Easy fixed - but they won’t. At least it is pushing 27 songs now

Unknown Pre-Recorded Song (Possibly with Bono vocals)
“Love is All We Have Left”
“The Blackout”
“Lights of Home”
“Beautiful Day”
“I Will Follow”
“The Ocean”
“Iris”
“Cedarwood Road”
“Song for Someone”
“Sunday Bloody Sunday”
“Raised by Wolves”
“Until the End of the World”
“Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me”
“Red Flag Day”
“Wild Horses”
“The Showman (Little More Better)”
“Vertigo”
“Acrobat”
“You’re the Best Thing About Me”
“Staring at the Sun”
“With or Without You”
“Get Out of Your Own Way”
“American Soul”
“Where the Streets Have No Name”
“The Little Things That Give You Away”
“Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way”
“Bad”

Was that the last rehearsals ???? 3 changes and it s perfect

omg wow, did not think we'd get lucky enough to potentially get Gloria again. they could play that every show and I would *never* complain

All Because of You would never be a first choice but I'd welcome it. would be a much better choice than Elevation but they'll of course leave that in

definitely think they still have some tricks up their sleeve. as noted before, Electric Co was an extremely well hidden secret, and that became an obvious tour highlight

28uiyj.jpg

Gone should be in there someplace. Aiwiy would have been a nice ending. That ending is pretty dreadful. Don’t they see that?

Love Gloria, would be more then happy to hear that in the setlist. All because of you though. One of the poorer u2 singles and one of my least favourite tracks off bomb. Would much prefer to hear miracle drug

Anybody else worried we haven't heard red flag day or little things yet?

Maybe they are thinking that cause they played little things on the Joshua tree tour their not gonna play it on this tour. Which is wrong in my opinion. Red flag day and summer of love should be tour staples for this tour

Very worried.

However, I liked the suggestion earlier in the thread that the Americans (and Canadians, sorry guys) can have American Soul inflicted on them then Red Flag Day takes its place on the European leg.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom