Speculation: NLOTH similar to TUF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yahweh_OMG

New Yorker
Just a thought. Today I've been reading, watching and listening to many new stuff about U2, like you guys, and I can't stop thinking about the similarities with The Unforgettable Fire!

1. "Magnificent" might be the opener. It is obviously the "Only Love " clip. Some of us stated (after the Beach clips) that this song sounded a bit like "A sort of Homecoming", which was again mentioned by Q. ASOH was also the opener.

2. The song NLOTH is at spot 4 on the Q list. If this is confirmed, both TUF and NLOTH are also the album titles and are on spot 4 of the album...

3. "Moment of surrender" is described as a 7 minute piece of music recorded in 1 take! Doesn't it remind you of Elvis Presley and America??? Also kind of a demo kind of song that finally made it in the album....

Thought these similarities were interesting.

I still like the eyeliner...:lol:

3. "Moment of surrender" is described as a 7 minute piece of music recorded in 1 take! Doesn't it remind you of Elvis Presley and America??? Also kind of a demo kind of song that finally made it in the album....

Hopefully not. Elvis is the only song I really don't like much on TUF, I usually skip it.

The length of MOS is something that really stands out. I'm very curious about that track. Will it contain minutes of epic guitar-playing by Edge? :drool:

Hopefully not. Elvis is the only song I really don't like much on TUF, I usually skip it.

The length of MOS is something that really stands out. I'm very curious about that track. Will it contain minutes of epic guitar-playing by Edge? :drool:

Nah, it'll probably be piano :)

I'm just curious about every single song! Kind of Crazy Tonight right now because of the Pop song tag Q assigned to it.

Edge has said they are trying to get the album to flow together, and if we have atmopsheric type songs...how would a pop song fit into that mold? Maybe that's why William was brought in, since that's his specialty.

From the Q article, it does sound like a departure, and a mix of all different sounds. Some U2ish, some electro, pop, ballad, etc. It really seems like they want this album to have a theme and flow, unlike HTDAAB, which had a theme, but the songs didn't really express it as well as AB or JT.

1. "Magnificent" might be the opener. It is obviously the "Only Love " clip. Some of us stated (after the Beach clips) that this song sounded a bit like "A short of Homecoming", which was again mentioned by Q. ASOH was also the opener.

Well, it's not that obvious.. We've heard only a few clips, could be anything... :hmm:

I think the second part of this album they release later in the year is really going to cap off 2009. oops.

So which "album" is the one that's described as "timeless" and "innovative"?

The NLOTH that's scheduled for 3/2, or the talk of the 2nd album?

maybe. "there's buzz going around that anton's album is the second album" - my source

Can someone tell me more about this Anton project? Is it a soundtrack to his movie? if so, then how many songs will they have left over for the Spiderman project? I can't see them releasing TWO movie/broadway soundtracks in one year.

I think this was being discussed in the Anton thread. I actually think it makes a lot of sense if you piece together all the quotes from the band and McGuiness over the last year--trying to find a creative way of releasing music, having lots of tracks, etc.

MoS sounds more like Bad to me than EPAA...

Edit: Forgot to include the obligatory :drool:

MoS sounds more like Bad to me than EPAA...

Edit: Forgot to include the obligatory :drool:

MoS is what I'm most curious about. I was thinking "BAD" as well, but I don't think its a good comparison just by reading the descriptions of it. Not sure what else to compare it to...I guess I might just have to hear it first before I comment on it. :D

MoS is what I'm most curious about. I was thinking "BAD" as well, but I don't think its a good comparison just by reading the descriptions of it. Not sure what else to compare it to...I guess I might just have to hear it first before I comment on it. :D

Maybe its something new? :p

ps you forgot the :drool:

:drool:

Back
Top Bottom