Speculation about New Album Release Schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when the Official Word arrives, it will be only what we already suspect. album release on Feb. 23/24.

I'm not so sure it will be so early as you say, we call it "morning" in Spain to any time "before lunch" and lunch is usually around 2pm, this is also a better schedule to fit Americans too. (and today I can't go home for lunch, so I'll have to wait till late in the evening, sure it will be today!)

don't know if this has been posted already:

(from U2achtung)

From Espana...
El pasado viernes en Paris Wojtek pudo charlar brevemente con Bono. El single va a salir entre el dia 10 y 15 de enero, la salida del album (cuya grabacion se termino la semana pasada en Londres) esta prevista para finales de febrero.

D'espagne
Vendredi dernier à Paris Wojtek a pu parler brièvement à Bono.Le Single est prévu pour le 10/15 janvier et l'album (dont l'enregistrement s' est teminé la semaine dernière à Londres) est prévu pour fin Fevrier!

translation:

From Spain
Wojtek spoke to Bono briefly last Friday in Paris. The single is scheduled for the 10/15 Jan and the album is scheduled for the end of Feb (recording finished last week in London)

oh ok, never mind... i didn't have the courage to go ploughing thru the whole of that thread this morning hehe

it only seems fitting. the album gets delayed....then we're told that there will be an announcement about the album....and that gets delayed.... :angry:

The media where I live. I read it in the newspaper today and on several media websites. However, most of them quote the December Mojo article.

oh cool! must mean that they are aware of an impending announcement, and they're trying to get a jump on the story.

so i'm thinking U2miracle.com was wrong too, because they said we should all be excited about this morning.

Hmm, so is this another one of those cases where the traditional/internet media is forming stories from internet speculation?

That happened a lot with this summer's beach clips.

I really want an announcement today...a tracklist would make me ecstatic.

I really want an announcement today...a tracklist would make me ecstatic.

I agree..the tracklist is the thing I am most excited for.

We pretty much know the Single name and Album name so (unless there's been changes) learning those will be a bit anti-climactic...and dates are just numbers (though interesting), but the tracklist would give me something to sink my teeth into and let the imagination run wild.

To see which songs made it that we already know...which ones didn't...learn of songs we've never heard of...and see what order they decided to put them all in, opening, closing...all that good stuff! It doesn't get any better for my money. Tracklist is king.

I agree..the tracklist is the thing I am most excited for.

We pretty much know the Single name and Album name so (unless there's been changes) learning those will be a bit anti-climactic...and dates are just numbers (though interesting), but the tracklist would give me something to sink my teeth into and let the imagination run wild.

To see which songs made it that we already know...which ones didn't...learn of songs we've never heard of...and see what order they decided to put them all in, opening, closing...all that good stuff! It doesn't get any better for my money. Tracklist is king.

Plus, seeing the tracklist would let us know if it's double album or not.

Why make an announcement before Christmas, or at the very least before the new edition of Q is out (whichever comes first)? Q might have an agreement with them to refrain from any official announcements until they release the next issue, which many people are suggesting will have a U2 feature.

Why make an announcement before Christmas, or at the very least before the new edition of Q is out (whichever comes first)? Q might have an agreement with them to refrain from any official announcements until they release the next issue, which many people are suggesting will have a U2 feature.

When is the new Q due out?

I think tomorrow is the highest possibility, given the huge advertisement that U2spain.es has for the date (much more notable than @u2's little sentence hidden away off the main page...). However, I'm still a little wary about getting anything before U2.com is revamped, which is supposedly not happening until after the new year starts. :sigh: If tomorrow passes without any news, I'm banking on nothing until closer to the 31st.

Somebody should set up one of those websites that are set up every time a new absurdly expensive video game console is released and sold out, where people get text messages when one becomes available. A website that will text message everyone when any of U2spain/U2miracle/atu2/interference/u2.com posts an announcement. Then we can be woken up in the middle of the night when the announcement is made.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Dude, I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom