Southland - is good T V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
908_NUP_132835_0034.jpg

910_NUP_132835_0057.jpg

920_NUP_132835_0685.jpg

938_NUP_132836_0525.jpg

This is one of the few new shows that is worth watching

you can watch the pilot here

Southland - NBC Site

I have the pilot recorded and will try to get around to watching it sometime in the near future. I'm a big fan of Benjamin McKenzie, the lead actor. Or at least he's portrayed as the lead in the previews.

I was half way through it when I realize that McKenzie was from The O C. He does a good job here. It is more of an ensemble casting type of show.
I liked The Wire, The Shield, much of NYPD Blue and other realistic police shows.

This is in that vein. Production values are high, writing is good. Casting, extras, and lesser parts are superb. Locations are authentic. I hope it holds up. Second episode is tonight.

I have watched both episodes not once but twice. It IS good TV. When I first saw the preview and heard it was produced by the creaters of ER I knew it was going to be good quality. I love the music, the story lines are exciting and I love the way they bleep the curse words...I hope this show is around for a long time and gains in popularity the more episodes that are shown.

they had the season finale tonight

it was a good season, good series, I hope it gets picked up.

Crap and I missed it. But I think they might rerun Southland on Saturday nights so I will go check. I love this show. I love how they start and end each scene and mesh them together.

I love it. I still have to watch the season finale.

Word is that they've bumped it to Friday nights for the fall. :grumpy:

DVR it is!

very good show. I love the sarcastic cop, dont know his name but he is partner to the OC guy, he is such a smart ass. Guy asks him to call him a cab so he shouts out "you're a cab!" Other episode a lady stops and ask him if something was wrong with the road or something like that and he yells at her "a UFO crash landed" :D total smartass, i love it

Wow i didn't even realize he was gay, though now that you mention it the season finale he was with some guy at the end of the show and i guess that makes sense. Did they reveal that in the show in a previous episode or are you just smarter than i?

In one of the early episodes, it shows him alone in a bar, there are only men in the bar. No, they are not playing YMCA on the sound system. Not every gay man is like 'Will and Grace'.
They treat it as matter of fact. The writing is good.

So you watch this character when the other cops are making sexist remarks. He is just silent. I think his character is in the closet.

was that the bar where he goes to the restroom and some guy tries to sell him drugs? I guess there might have been only men in that bar....if so that totally went over my head good catch :D

I will agree the writing is good on this. I have enjoyed every episode that i have seen thus far. None of this seems too over the top, since some of what goes on happens in real life and you can read similiar stories in the headlines. People really do call 911 because they cannot get chicken nuggets at McDonalds, or whatever.

And that rogue cop, thats actually C. Thomas Howell, wtf? Is he really that old or has the last 20 years not been that kind to him. He looks like shit...i remember him in a few movies in the early 80's. He plays the role well though.

he has had at 3 bar scenes, maybe more

the first one I remember was in an early episode towards the end.

he just goes in sits at the bar by himself, and then the camera pans out and you see there are only men in the bar, some paired off and in conversations

not blatant, but a clue early on

these scenes were incidental, at first I just thought they were trying to establish that character as a bit of a loner. You will notice he has never mentioned his marital or relationship status

hopefully you can catch some reruns and see what I am talking about.
(I don't think it is all in my head)

Well it looks like this show got canceled.

NBC gives us Leno 5 nights a week in prime time.

We have about 6? versions of CSI and how many versions of Law and Order?

This show was good but they would not even give it more than 6 episodes.

Network TV is really sucking these days.

They're still trying to find some other network pick up the show. It would do well on TNT or something like that.

I'm not losing hope yet.

And also, fuck Jay Leno.

I like to see it go to FX and get more of an edge like "The Shield" or even AMC home of Mad Men and Breaking Bad.

Why is it that every show I start watching and like gets cancelled, WTF? :angry: I loved this show and the season finale was so good :crack:

fuck NBC, i cant believe they cancelled this show.

i did catch an episode on TNT or TBS last night, was a rerun. Wonder if there are any plans to make new episodes? Utter fail, NBC. You deserve Leno.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom