South Sandwich Islands Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually I like double albums, though. I mean, I really like Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, I really like All Things Must Pass, I really like The White Album. Hell, I even really like Use Your Illusion. The Wall isn't the best, but it's all right. Thrice's Alchemy Index is top notch, too.

Prince's Sign O' The Times is my favorite by a fair distance, with All Things Must Pass coming in second. I'm definitely not a White Album guy, but it's enjoyable for me.

Prince's Sign of The Times is my favorite by a fair distance, with All Things Must Pass coming in second. I'm definitely not a White Album guy, but it's enjoyable for me.

The White Album is my favourite by The Beatles, so I suppose you could call me a White Album guy.

It's the one I'm least looking forward to recording. It's a very challenging genre to play, the death growls are going to be harsh on my voice, and while I may be a decent guitar player, metal is not really my style. I'm going to give it my best, however. It should be good for a laugh, though I certainly expect the other three tracks to be better.

I can definitely understand that point of view as well. It's funny, because I'm doing the exact opposite this time out; instead of cutting to the chase, I'm giving the listener way more variety than they could ever want. It's fun to watch the reactions to each disc, because it varies greatly, there is no consensus favorite, really.

Yeah, it certainly sounds like it'd be an effort to record. Good luck with it. Even if it's an effort, I hope it's fun and a bit of a laugh!

Now that my hearing's finally coming back, I'll have to give your DI list a spin, and the others I have too. God, it's nice to be able to hear music again.

The White Album is my favourite by The Beatles, so I suppose you could call me a White Album guy.

:lol: Yeah, it's probably my least favorite album of the Beatles post-Help!. Of course, all of those albums are wonderful, so it's still up there, just not my all-time favorite or anything.

Oh, I don't suppose any of you good folk could possibly send me the fifth recent U2 beach clip? I have the four clips that came together, but the only link I've found to the fifth was dead.

/random

Yeah, it certainly sounds like it'd be an effort to record. Good luck with it. Even if it's an effort, I hope it's fun and a bit of a laugh!

Now that my hearing's finally coming back, I'll have to give your DI list a spin, and the others I have too. God, it's nice to be able to hear music again.

I would say it's the most challenging musical endeavor I've taken on. However, with Pfan helping out on the lyrics, it'll be hysterically funny, which should make up for its musical shoddiness. I'm really excited about the prog track though. Oh man, it's sounding great so far, and I haven't even added in the 17 minute flute and glockenspiel solo yet.

I haven't read the superthreads lately...why was your hearing gone? :ohmy:

I also think I'm the only one who ranks Siamese Dream as tied for Smashing Pumpkins' 3rd best album.

Oh, I don't suppose any of you good folk could possibly send me the fifth recent U2 beach clip? I have the four clips that came together, but the only link I've found to the fifth was dead.

/random

I had a link, but it's also dead. :(

I would say it's the most challenging musical endeavor I've taken on. However, with Pfan helping out on the lyrics, it'll be hysterically funny, which should make up for its musical shoddiness. I'm really excited about the prog track though. Oh man, it's sounding great so far, and I haven't even added in the 17 minute flute and glockenspiel solo yet.

I haven't read the superthreads lately...why was your hearing gone? :ohmy:

I can't wait to hear how all of this stuff comes out. It's going to be fucking brilliance. Just whether of the musical quality or lulzworthy quality remains to be seen. :wink:

Oh, a little over a week ago, I developed a really nasty ear infection. I'm apparently especially unfortunate in that I got it at exactly the same time to pretty much the same severity in both ears. So pretty much all last week, I was close to deaf. I've only been able to listen to music for the last couple of days, and until today, it still sounded a bit off. Now it sounds ... still mildly imperfect, but now everything's there. Until last night, I could basically not hear bass, and drums sounded watery.

I can't wait to hear how all of this stuff comes out. It's going to be fucking brilliance. Just whether of the musical quality or lulzworthy quality remains to be seen. :wink:

Oh, a little over a week ago, I developed a really nasty ear infection. I'm apparently especially unfortunate in that I got it at exactly the same time to pretty much the same severity in both ears. So pretty much all last week, I was close to deaf. I've only been able to listen to music for the last couple of days, and until today, it still sounded a bit off. Now it sounds ... still mildly imperfect, but now everything's there. Until last night, I could basically not hear bass, and drums sounded watery.

A couple tracks will be a bit wanky, but that's sort of the point. I just hope that aficionados of the particular genres I'm parodying dig the songs. For instance, in your case, I'm just hope you enjoy the first couple of tracks. If you find my attempts at glacial post-rock and pretentious indie noise rock enjoyable, more power to you.

Damn. I had a sinus infection to go along with my last cold about a month or so ago. There are times when I have to pop my ears and such to get my hearing back during those times, but I'm not sure if I've had a proper ear infection since I was little.

A couple tracks will be a bit wanky, but that's sort of the point. I just hope that aficionados of the particular genres I'm parodying dig the songs. For instance, in your case, I'm just hope you enjoy the first couple of tracks. If you find my attempts at glacial post-rock and pretentious indie noise rock enjoyable, more power to you.

Damn. I had a sinus infection to go along with my last cold about a month or so ago. There are times when I have to pop my ears and such to get my hearing back during those times, but I'm not sure if I've had a proper ear infection since I was little.

If the little samples you posted a while back are still indicative of anything, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy the parodies. I remember especially liking what you were doing with the prog track. And since when did I, of all people, object to wanky music? :wink:

What pisses me off with this ear infection is it came on just a day or two after I'd gotten over a flu that had knocked me down for a week! It's the first ear infection I can remember having, too. Seems like I waited 21 years for one fucking nasty hit rather than doing it half-arsed. The doctor I saw when it was at its worst seemed a bit surprised by just how bad it was and how quickly it had developed.

If the little samples you posted a while back are still indicative of anything, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy the parodies. I remember especially liking what you were doing with the prog track. And since when did I, of all people, object to wanky music? :wink:

What pisses me off with this ear infection is it came on just a day or two after I'd gotten over a flu that had knocked me down for a week! It's the first ear infection I can remember having, too. Seems like I waited 21 years for one fucking nasty hit rather than doing it half-arsed. The doctor I saw when it was at its worst seemed a bit surprised by just how bad it was and how quickly it had developed.

Those samples, while accurate of the direction, were pretty sloppy. These will be greatly shined up and musically competent, plus it'll have lyrics. Rodents utilizing the mighty glory of powerjuice to destroy the totalitarian witches of the northern mountains, plus hard rock guitars FTW.

Just be glad that you didn't have that infection when you were younger when your immune system was weaker. You could have gone deaf for real. :no:

:lol: i can't remember if i ever mentioned it here. i've only listened to them once though.

I've played them a few times. The first clip seems promising, though I find it a bit worrying that some people have deciphered rather Yahwerrific lyrics for it. Second and third did very little for me. Fourth ... the end held a bit of promise, but hard to tell how much from the sound quality.

I'm still cautiously optimistic that this will be better than ATYCLB and HTDAAB.

I've played them a few times. The first clip seems promising, though I find it a bit worrying that some people have deciphered rather Yahwerrific lyrics for it. Second and third did very little for me. Fourth ... the end held a bit of promise, but hard to tell how much from the sound quality.

I'm still cautiously optimistic that this will be better than ATYCLB and HTDAAB.
i don't remember my impressions totally anymore, but i think i liked the first one the best as well.

i'll feel a little better about the new album (i'm not being pessimistic, i'm just trying not to form an opinion) once the first single comes out.

Those samples, while accurate of the direction, were pretty sloppy. These will be greatly shined up and musically competent, plus it'll have lyrics. Rodents utilizing the mighty glory of powerjuice to destroy the totalitarian witches of the northern mountains, plus hard rock guitars FTW.

Just be glad that you didn't have that infection when you were younger when your immune system was weaker. You could have gone deaf for real. :no:

In that case, I'm even more confident that I'll enjoy the tracks. Now to see whether your lyrics can top the genius of Impaled Northern Moonforest's. Lustfully Worshipping the Inverted Moongoat While Skiing Down the Inverted Necromountain of Necrodeathmortum. :drool:

Deafness and blindness really wouldn't work out too well! When I went to the doctor's on Thursday at the height of the deafness, it was a bit scary crossing streets. I doubt anybody has ever stepped so cautiously onto a street before!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom