Songs of Surrender - New album discussion - 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I rejoined U2.com right before the E+I tour, and then was shut out of GA tix for both LA shows. Asked for a membership refund immediately and eventually got it back, and missed a tour for the first time since starting with ZooTV.

I'm not sure I want to go through that cycle again, though I'd also like to know I'm going to my last show while it's happening and not realize it in retrospect.

U2.com doesn't offer much, but since I've been a member, i've consistently gotten excellent seats at every tour with almost no hassle or stress. for e/i, i literally pulled over to the side of the road, logged in via phone, and got GA for the DC show in maybe 5 minutes total.

getting worried about getting absolutely shafted in the Springsteen presale thing/scam tomorrow.

If memory serves I wasn’t the only person who dealt with that.

And you can’t advertise membership with the incentive of getting advance tickets if you’re not able to deliver, regardless of when someone signs up.

You’re a sucker if you’ve stayed subscribed non-stop, considering the minimal benefits they offer compared to other fan clubs/sites. Why pay $60 a year or whatever when the band goes on long hiatuses?

it's $40, and god knows i spend a hell of a lot more than $40 on dumber shit than this.

i mostly just do it so that i don't forget and end up getting rightfully squeezed out when i try to re-register after a tour is announced.

or maybe just a sucker. tough to say, really.

same here. and i do lie awake at night wondering if i'm being fleeced like a fool by the 2.

but then i think about being able to rail skank a couple shows and i think Bono looked at me once, and so it's all worth it.

Last edited:
Yeah and the fanclub occasionally has other special perks too- I won tickets to the Mandela NYC premiere that they attended in 2013 and the next year won a ticket to the Top of the Rock 'Tonight Show' performance. I was right in front of Bono's mic on national tv for a measly 40 bucks. Priceless.

And I also have never broke a sweat getting GA with my presale codes. Just praying that stays true as the Springsteen tour has been a nightmare.

I was really hoping we’d see an announcement of this soon. U2songs seemed confident that we were only a few weeks away from an announcement about a month ago. Would be nice to see a track list, artwork etc.

Songs of Surrender

4-13-u2-at-us-festival-bono-climbs-to-top-of-stage-scaffolding.jpg

Back
Top Bottom