Songs of Experience MegaThread - Meltdown or Getdown?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
seriously, though, did none of you see Morleigh's comment on the original cat video when someone specifically asked her about the music playing in the background, and she posted something about "4 guys from Dublin with a new album coming soon *smiley faces*"??

no one got a screen grab?? when i saw the original kitty clip, i didn't know the account was legit, and certainly didn't think the video and comment especially were legit as i would have thought she would know better than to let something slip and i just thought it was a fake account/post to troll or get attention - come on, we all know how controlling and secretive these bastards are with everything? no? yes? :lol:

Yep. Just more proof that it was a deliberate move.

So if this is true .. and this specific quote came from Instagram User "cyanmogi" (=Morleigh) ... that is an interesting tactic .. just tease a handful of hardcore fans who follow the wife of the band's guitarist ... then pull the clip from instagram and re-post a silent video showing a sleeping cat .. as nothing has ever happened.

I don't remember reading the after Invisible / SOI and / or other Interference Meltdowns.

Having said that, when we are collectively chasing and deciphering cat videos with and without new U2 music on social media, I'd suggest a new term be originated for the collective status. Meltdown is clearly too strong, IMO, but something... anyone?

I mean if this is possible, and it was all done on purpose, then it's also possible that Larry just paid Bono $100 in some pub and they are laughing their asses off.

Bono: "bet you $100 someone finds it and it creates a tizzy, it's a cat video"

Larry: "no way, that's stupid"

Bono: "it's a cat video with a snippet of our song. Cat videos are basically the #1 content theme on the interwebs, they'll find it...."

And here I am, playing along too...

Was the comment on the cat video about "4 guys with a new album soon" stated by Morleigh? I seem to remember it was a different user who posted that though now I'm questioning my memory.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using U2 Interference mobile app

Was the comment on the cat video about "4 guys with a new album soon" stated by Morleigh? I seem to remember it was a different user who posted that though now I'm questioning my memory.

It may well have been by Morleigh, although as I say I cant recall correctly. However, if indeed it was from Morleigh she could have removed it, but another poster could not? And it is obviously not there now. Would that be correct IT wise?

It may well have been by Morleigh, although as I say I cant recall correctly. However, if indeed it was from Morleigh she could have removed it, but another poster could not? And it is obviously not there now. Would that be correct IT wise?

IT wise: Morleigh deleted the original post with the audio .. so all comments to the original post were deleted aswell. The re-uploaded video without audio got its own comments fresh from scratch

oh man i thought it was the same poster, but you lot are making me have doubts now... whatever, this is all very entertaining (if you like sticking pins in your eyes for fun) at least i guess

Does that jive with Reg Dude's old friend mixing over the summer line?
Not necessarily. Could just be stating a fact that even we know.

Jackknife Lee is also in California, and he's an old friend who we already know is working on the album.

So I'd say that while it's not impossible for Lillywhite to be involved, the old friend is likely Jackknife Lee

There isn't much IT involved in Instagram posts

Luckily so ...

17181558.gif

IT is involved a lot elsewhere

Oseary:. Guys we need to think of some subtle ways to tease the new album. My ideas are to have a DJ play one song at a festival, and then to put the other one as background music to Moreligh's cat video. Then after a day or two we'll pull all of it. Sound good? Great!

That's why he's paid the big bucks! You forgot to add that he would do all this in between songs at whatever Madge concert he was at that day.

I kind of remember it being a different user name, but I didn't look that closely.

Bottom line:

We have a clip of a new song with a dog barking, a clip of an unreleased song with a cat in it...it's clearly a charity EP for the ASPCA.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Oseary:. Guys we need to think of some subtle ways to tease the new album. My ideas are to have a DJ play one song at a festival, and then to put the other one as background music to Moreligh's cat video. Then after a day or two we'll pull all of it. Sound good? Great!

I still don't think the cat video was intentional, but your whole post is pretty indicative of how things could go in the next couple of weeks:

State a target of end of 2016 release
Post innocuous photos of the band in museums and shit, but also randomly a 20 second clip of a new song, and occasionally studio photos
Book 2 shows (headlined by new, young artists promoting new material and themed on fusing music with technology) around their 40th anniversary
Have a DJ play a remixed tune live
Pull videos of it from youtube

Have the anniversary shows come and go without new material
State they're "lost in the music" and hope for 2017
Disappear again

It'd be the classic start/stop promotion of U2. Not quite as catastrophic as the super bowl misfire, but still reeking of a lack of confidence, feeling unsure, and botching what could be a bold album release and promotion.

To be fair it would be very funny if she had agreed to put that tune in the background just for a laugh, to get some weirdos following her just because of her husband all frothed up. Fucking unlikely though, obviously.

Still holding out hope for September :)

Last edited:
I'm still of the camp that the cat video is just that...a cat video and that it is not some tease from the band..

Regarding the Lillywhite quote of U2 being "unprepared" or whatever it said...I believe their is some truth to that but if it was a MAJOR issue he wouldn't have said anything and kept it private so as to not embarrass them...It was probably written partially as a joke. He's got a long relationship with the band and wouldn't "punk them out" like that.

In any case the Lillywhite quote is just a general remark about the band in response to a discussion he was having on Twitter with some other user. Nothing in there says or suggests that he's currently working with U2.

B man is speaking in Montreal this weekend at the One campaign. he doesn't seem to be too stressed about upcoming gigs and album.

no word yet if Morleigh's cat will be speaking.:reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom