Songs of Ascent: the lost album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2 should release an album where all of the first letters of track names spell something. Now that would be a hell of a concept album.

If they put out a song called "rock (hard as)", i'm not even buying the album. :doh: maybe they could sell the rights, and it could become a chevy truck commercial.

An unfunny/non-clever April Fools joke on April 3rd?

Actually that in and of itself is kind of funny in a 'massive fail' kind of way.

Maybe. Or...no, wait...

It just wasn't funny.

Yep not funny at all! These people who start rumors like this must REALLY be simple people. If an unfunny and dumb rumor gets them amused then dang their lives must really suck!

Or wait maybe it was really BONO who said this to play with our minds.... Hey Edge knock some sense into BONO. Ungreatful might have made a much better song title then pretty greatful! lol

so this is a confirmed prank?

well, pretty much every time a post starts with something along the lines of "a source close to the band, but can't tell you who it is.." you have to start trucking in the salt......

so this is a confirmed prank?

well, pretty much every time a post starts with something along the lines of "a source close to the band, but can't tell you who it is.." you have to start trucking in the salt......it's getting as bad as @u2 some times.....

of course, i'm pretty much done believing any rumors that are out there. i just wasn't sure if he had admiitted to anyone else that it was a joke.

my first impression is that Stevie1998 has been a pretty good contributer to the forum lately, so it would surprise me if he would make up a rumor just to mess with people. plus, some of the song names are either obvious or strange. but at the same time, U2 has surprised us with song titles before (Fez-Being Born, White As Snow), that were previously unheard of. but yeah, it's just weird. everything points to a late 2010 release at the moment. then this rumor surfaces. i guess it's just best to assume it's a joke and if for some strange reason, it comes true, then good for us.

Confirmed rumor:

Rock (Hard As) is actually a hair metal version of White As Snow with a different set of lyrics. The chorus now reads: "If only a *heart could be as hard as rock"

*except he isn't saying the word heart
**hint: the word rhymes with rock

now sing it one more time

that's right - It's time for Blue Bono!! Let the sexual revolution begin!!!

"Take off your boots!!!!" Yea-uhh!

000049_sm.jpg

Yes it was a bad joke. I thought it would be obvious from the beginning. I'm not the type to post false rumors for shits and giggles. Sorry if it offended anyone!

For those of you who've still yet to figure it out...

Tracklisting:
1. All My Life
2. Pretty Greatful
3. Rock (Hard As)
4. Into Your Love (Formally Every Breaking Wave)
5. Loving You
6. For The Day (Thank You)
7. Only One
8. On Time
9. Life
10.Sun, The Moon, The Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom