Songs of Ascent - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hyper:
cooldance2.gif
jump1.gif

Well, here's confirmation from Sam O'Sullivan, courtesy of U2place.com:

a member of the u2place forum met Sam O'Sullivan in Zagreb. After the end of the US leg the band will work on the new album SOA, to be released in December or early 2010 !
A new tour leg in Oceania is provisionally planned for March 2010, depending on the costs of transporting the Claw. U2 will return to Europe in Summer; a confirmed date Sam mentioned is Rome.

Well, here's confirmation from Sam O'Sullivan, courtesy of U2place.com:

a member of the u2place forum met Sam O'Sullivan in Zagreb. After the end of the US leg the band will work on the new album SOA, to be released in December or early 2010 !
A new tour leg in Oceania is provisionally planned for March 2010, depending on the costs of transporting the Claw. U2 will return to Europe in Summer; a confirmed date Sam mentioned is Rome.

Oh yes!!

In Q magazine this month Adam says that U2 will play Glastonbury, though he hints at it being next year it could possibly mean at some point in the future.

Great news.

The most exciting thing is that I have a feeling EBW will come out as a single not too long after Krazy Tonite is officially released. :hyper:

Probably not, being that it's lifted straight from the Bible...

So it would be considered a fairly "common phrase".

Whereas 'The Joshua Tree', 'Zooropa', or NLOTH would be court worthy...

Ah ok that makes sense. I was thinking that was Songs of Ascents though, but I guess either way it doesn't matter. It's still a common phrase. Thanks.

NLotH single schedule and Songs of Ascent...

I'm assuming NLotH will have four singles, as that seems to be the standard format for albums these days. We're already had GoYB and Magnificent, with Crazy Tonight coming up and a fourth (IMO it should be Breathe) probably some time early next year.

When you think about how things went with HtDaAB, with the final single (Original of the Species) being released a very long time, almost a year if I remember correctly, after the album's release, how will Songs of Ascent affect the schedule? Will there be singles from Songs of Ascent, or will it be treated more like a B sides type album which they don't make such a massive promotional spectacle of? Could they rush the final singles from NLotH and then move on to promoting Songs of Ascent, or will they just leave a very long gap between releasing the album and its first single?

I'm basing all of this on the assumption that the final NLotH single won't come out until early next year, as seems to be the case, and that Songs of Ascent will almost certainly be released before it.

Thoughts?

someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall the band saying they planned only 3 singles for this album. which, if this were true, would mean no crossover with SOA

Box set for vinyl singles holds four 7 inches, therefore there will be four singles from NLOTH

Given that this album's single releases were a complete mess from the beginning I wouldn't be surprised if they changed their minds about four singles.

You sure about that??

I could see them releasing it in early December and packaging it with NLOTH as a 2 for 1 special in order to get the Christmas sales :D

I can see them releasing it in December, but I CANNOT imagine U2 ever doing something like that. That's Coldplay's dirty trick. U2 hasn't done anything like that in their long career. they won't now.

My bet is an early 2010 release. But who knows????

I can see them releasing it in December, but I CANNOT imagine U2 ever doing something like that. That's Coldplay's dirty trick. U2 hasn't done anything like that in their long career. they won't now.

The Coldplay EP was available individually or bundled with the album, so it's not as if anyone was forced to rebuy Viva la Vida.

I can definitley see U2 doing that for the holidays; offering SOA individually or bundled with NLOTH.

Yeah, its not like they released a whole bunch of unreleased material that you could only buy with their complete catalog for $150. Oh wait, nevermind.

Yeah I don't think they will to that, but never put anything past McG$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom