Songs of Ascent - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bootlegs on U2start have 'intro' as track 1 prior to Breathe opening, Kingdom by itself, and pretty good quality.

I guess if I didn't want to know what happened last season on LOST, I'd stay away from the LOST forums.... If I didn't want to know what U2 is up to, I'd avoid the U2 forums.... but that's just me.... Otherwise, you can be sure you will be spoiled.

I guess if I didn't want to know what happened last season on LOST, I'd stay away from the LOST forums.... If I didn't want to know what U2 is up to, I'd avoid the U2 forums.... but that's just me.... Otherwise, you can be sure you will be spoiled.

People don't want to know what u2 is doing on tour, there's a tour forum for that reason. Some people like being surprised when they see the band in concert

I hear what you guys are saying, but I don't believe its the case that other aspects of U2 don't come up all over the forum.... Or frankly that they shouldn't! Conversations do need room to flow organically.

I dunno. I can get why some would want to be surprised, but I think that anyone who wants that, who then goes on a U2 forum, will far more likely than not end up spoiled - no matter how hard we may try to protect them. I'm just speaking practically.

Who are the people that don't want to see spoilers, can we set up a thread for them?

Did I miss the link to the audio for Kingdom?

There are so many threads on the tour forums, it's a nightmare to wade through.

P.S.
Use spoiler tags, people, it's just a courtesy.

Then why are you spoiling people by telling them that there's a song called "Kingdom?" :wink:

This thread is about info on the next album. Spoilers about the next album are ok, but there are some who dont wnt to know what songs are in the show or where they are played until they actually go to the show. That should be their decision.

Please use this next time you post about the tour setlist.

Sorry, we're discussing a song which could be from the next album, and without mentioning that, no one would know where it came from.

Also:
Its just an intro song, they're not even freakin' playing it!! Just walking onto the stage

I know. It's just as easy saying it's on the first track of bootlegs, without giving away the opening song of the tour.

Even if it is a NLOTH song, already been played at the promo tour.

My apologies, for real, but it is going to come up on forums that are all about U2.

Niceman, you can't spoil what is already out the bag! :wink:

I don't care about tour spoilers or any of the rest of it as it pertains to U2.
Just trying to say, it's only a courtesy for other people on this site.

-Thank you Dan.
That sounds F'n great.
Harmonies:drool::drool:

Well, the person talked to Gavin. And she's someone that have the means to talk to the man. She said he confirmed to be U2 and that he's not involved at all with the song.
Here
Check her profile and you'll see why she's reliable.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Thanks Heathcliff! Now I want to listen to the song pretty badly again. :wink:

Does increase the excitement when you know it's U2.

You're welcome. :)
Look, like I said in other thead. If the rest of this song is as good as the piece we have, I think we're looking at one of their best songs ever, possibly.
But I wonder now: there is a rest?
I mean, wasn't there a talk a few months ago about the band recording a few pieces of music especially to be used on the tour as 'intros' or something like that? Maybe that's just it, maybe it's not some part of an entire song. I would be seriously disappointed if that's the case :(

You're welcome. :)
Look, like I said in other thead. If the rest of this song is as good as the piece we have, I think we're looking at one of their best songs ever possibly.
But I wonder now: there is a rest?
I mean, wasn't there a talk a few months ago about the band recording a few pieces of music especially to be used on the tour as 'intros' or something like that? Maybe that's just it, maybe it's not some part of an entire song. I would be seriously disappointed if that's the case :(

Yeah, i'd be very disappointed too. But I think the band would know better than to leave such a good song off Songs of Ascent. :pray:

If not then it'll probably make it as a b-side, which wouldn't do it much justice. :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom