Songs of _________________; New album discussion #7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a post on here years ago, I want to say around the ATYCLB album / tour days, where a poster claimed he went to a after party - club in after U2 Popmart concert and U2 showed up. They got a private booth area and proceeded to snort a shit ton of cocaine and maybe there were strippers there too.

It caused quite a bit of drama for some posters, claiming their view and opinion of the band has been soiled.

I think for rock bands, U2 is pretty clean. Part of me wants to believe they've all been faithful to their wives, and never really harmed anyone. Maybe their faith created such a strong foundation that it kept them grounded.

In then end they're all human with the same cravings and longings as the rest of us.

Now if Edge could come up with a good riff again that'd be great. Maybe take more shrooms

i don't doubt that the band have some skeletons - but i highly doubt they were snorting coke in public by the time Pop came around. not because i have some sort of holier than thou opinion of them - it just doesn't make a ton of sense from a band time line point of view.

Adam was sober by then, after the Sydney/ZooTV fiasco. They were also a highly public band and if this were something that was a common occurrence surely someone would have gotten a photo somewhere along the lines, or other stories would have come out.

there's a decent chance that bono is a high functioning alcoholic.

there may be some infidelity in there somewhere in the late 90s. i mean some of his lyrics do point to SOMETHING putting strain on their marriage (New York anyone?).

wordy lyrics and refu-jesus aside - Bono does tend to be a great storyteller. so i'm really looking forward to this book.

there may be some infidelity in there somewhere in the late 90s. i mean some of his lyrics do point to SOMETHING putting strain on their marriage (New York anyone?).

I wish I could find the exact quote, but Bono specifically described New York as a story of a man who is tired of living in the suburbs and breaks away from the restraints of his suburban family life to live freely in the city. However, he quickly followed it up with "but that's not my life. If anything, I'd love a bit of the suburbs right now."

I wish I could find the exact quote, but Bono specifically described New York as a story of a man who is tired of living in the suburbs and breaks away from the restraints of his suburban family life to live freely in the city. However, he quickly followed it up with "but that's not my life. If anything, I'd love a bit of the suburbs right now."

Well, he would have to, right? Both as a songwriter and out of respect for his family’s privacy.

Bono's personal chef be like

sunshine-no.gif

giphy.gif

Larry was notoriously fond of needles during the making of Zooropa.

...though, they were for injecting bull's blood.

That's about as close as this band is going to get to Guns N' Roses style debauchery.

Swallow before you laugh
Look portly in a photograph
Black shirts, hand on top button
The camera can’t see
I’ve seen you stuck where you sit
I’ve seen you in pants that don’t fit
Can you see your toes past your own belly?

So no RSD release this year - and in response to comments from people asking why on Facebook, U2songs make a few sly remarks about u2 typically going quiet before new albums.

lobster tails and souffle
spaghetti and creme brulee
i will swallow
steak with a side of penne
half a cake and a sundae
i will... swallow!!

As far as rock bands go - hell, as far as most people go - this band is pretty straight laced.

My take is that U2 might be pretty straight laced, considering how the media loves to shit all over them (and particularly Bono) for being "hypocrites." If there was anything truly scandalous in U2's history, you'd think it would've come out a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom