song of the day 11/14: Like a Song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
Like a song I have to sing
I sing it for you
Like the words I have to bring
I bring it for you

And in leather, lace, and chains
We stake our claim
Revolution once again
No I won't...
I won't wear it on my sleeve
I can see through this expression
And you know I don't believe
Too young to be told
Exactly who are you
Tonight
Tomorrow's
Too late

And we love to wear a badge, a uniform
And we love to fly a flag
But I won't...let others live in hell
As we divide against each other
And we fight amongst ourselves
Too set in our ways to try to rearrange
Too right to be wrong, in this rebel song
Let the bells ring out
Let the bells ring out
Is there nothing left
Is there, is there nothing
Is there nothing left
Is honesty what you want

A generation without name, ripped and torn
Nothing to lose, nothing to gain
Nothing at all
And if you can't help yourself
Well take a look around you
When others need your time
You say it's time to go...it's your time
Angry words won't stop the fight
Two wrongs won't make it right
A new heart is what I need
Oh God, make it bleed
Is there nothing left...

probably the 2nd greatest U2 song ever for me

only topped by Acrobat

the real HIGHLIGHT of WAR... great intro, and great lyrics, specially "But I won't...let others live in hell / As we divide against each other / And we fight amongst ourselves"

One of my favorites songs ever. The anger in this song fires me up......

I really wish the band would play this again; I am sure they could give it a powerful ending.

this song is one of the main reasons why 'war' was my favourite U2 album for years: the lyrics, the drums, bono's passionate wailing--it's got it all.

:drool:

One of my favorites from War. A big rock song with everyone involved 100%. Actually, one of their best songs in the early period.

One of the best songs on the War record. It fucking rocks like nothing U2 had done at that point (maybe only The Electric Co.). I'm a big fan of angry singing and aggressive playing therefore I'm a hug fan of this song. The lyrics are maybe the best on War to me, as powerfull as the music. I LOVE the guitars and SPECIALLY that ending! Could Larry rock more? Yes, he can, just listen to this song. He plays such an important part on U2's songwriting and this song like any other song from Boy, October and War shows it really well. They are all kicking major ass on ths track! Defenitly a rare gem that is not as praised as it should.

Fucking 10 out of 10. :bow:

I love "Like A Song". I think it was only played live one time at the start of the War tour. I don't understand how such a powerful song wasn't played more. Another song off War I'd love to see them play live again, and there's probably a much better chance of it happening, is "Two Hearts Beat As One".

Has bono ever sounded more passionate in his vocals? Not in my opinion. Like a song is the most angriest and passionate u2 track lyrically and probably in my top 5 off the war album......

This song makes ME WAnt to Make a diffrence in the world, it FIRES ME UP, I LOVE THIS FRICKEN SONG.

Back
Top Bottom