song of the day 09/09: Your Blue Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
1. read lyrics
2. listen to the song
3. post thoughts

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's time to go again
To your blue room
Got some questions to ask of you
In your blue room

The air is clean
Your skin is clear
I've had enough fun hanging 'round here
It's a different kind of conversation
Your blue room

Saw me coming
In outside
Saw me coming
Somewhere I can hide

And time is a string of pearls...your blue room
(I'm a swinger)
See the future just hanging there...your blue room
A new frame, a new perspective
Looking down on my objectives
Your instructions whatever their directions
Your blue room

Saw me coming
East by the moon
Saw me coming
Can you feel

(It's allright)

Your blue room

One day I'll be back...your blue room
Yeah, I hope I remember where it's at...your blue room

We see me slide
Won't you give me a home
So much for change

Zooming in
Zooming out
Nothing I can't do without
A lens to see it all up close
Magnifying what no one knows
Never in company
Never alone
No car alarm
No cellular phone

This is one of my very favorite U2 recordings. I think it's just about Bono's sexiest vocal, especially near the end when he sings "One day, I'll be back (Your Blue Room)/yeahhhh I hope I remember where it's at." :drool: And how can you not love a song that features :adam: ?

The best part of this song's is Adam's bit at the end.

I like this song, it's not one of my favorites, but it is my favorite off the Passangers album. It has always sat a little uneasy with me, like listening to a conversation that I'm not suppose to be hearing.

Very good, atmospheric song. Best from Passengers. Love Adam's vocals.

Yeah, I think this is one of U2's best songs. I like Edge's guitar during that little part. It's not Edge's style of "solo" and that's why I like it. Adam singing kicks ass too!!! :hyper: Oh I love the organ too!!! :up:

Last edited:
What do the lyrics mean? I couldn't tell you and frankly don't care.

I'd listen to directions on how to castrate a cat if it was set to that music & sung in THAT tone of voice! :drool: :drool: Needless to say, I find this song :censored: sexy! I'd suffer through a year's worth of Henry Rollins on talk radio to hear Bono sing to me just ONCE like he does on "Your Blue Room"!!!!! :combust:

'my blue room' and 'lemon' have to be, at least to me, U2's most artistic songs. the mystery and haunting sounds, bono's voice hitting all ranges, the dominating bass in both, metaphors...THIS IS WHY I LOVE U2. They are like great puzzles that you have to figure out by using your own experiences and seeing if the lyrics had anything to do with you.

When I hear 'blue room', I hear so many parts of my life and wonder if the U2 Camp was following me around, hiding in the bushes tape recording some of the most troublesome times i've had, cus as someone said before, its an uncomfortable song that reminds you of a converstion you shouldnt be hearing. it feels very private and not so happy.

it reminds me of a scene from a thriller movie where someone walks through an abandoned house only to find someone is there waiting for them. the song also reminds me of the creepy 'twin peaks' theme song very cool

Definitely one of the better tracks off of Passengers. I do like it, and agree with many here that while very haunting and in some ways scary, it is a pretty good tune.

one day they should release an album in the style from the best of passengers (and Your Blue Room definitely is one of the best) and Million Dollar Hotel

great song
the intro immediately sets the mood and Bono sounds great

intedomine said:
Adam shines, but isn't it perfect for a night in with a lover?

Yep, been there with this song.

It's a beautiful creation, Brain Eno's organ work is something to behold on this and just holds it altogether. Edge's solo at the end is a stunner and his minimal approach through out the track is perfect. I've always loved the vocal from Bono, I feel the song is very sexual in it's nature. Amazing piece of work.

Back
Top Bottom