Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Ever notice how many of Bono's lyrics end up being about himself? :yes:

Bono will start out writing a song for someone else (like "Kite" for his children or "Walk On" for Daw Aung San Suu Kyi) only to discover that the lyrics he wrote actually are meant for himself!:scratch:

"Kite" is a perfect example of how Bono thought the song was meant for his children when that song brought him so much comfort and healing during and after the loss of his father!:heart:

So, let me send back to Bono some lyrics of his that I found on another U2 fansite. These are supposedly some of the lyrics to "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" which is to be part of U2's upcoming CD. (hopefully ;)

"You think that you're so tough, You think you got the stuff,
You're telling me and everyone you're hard enough
You don't have to put up a fight, You don't always have to be
right.
Let me take some of the punches for you tonight." :love:

THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL WORDS, BONO, and I ONLY HOPE THAT YOU KNOW THAT IF YOU'RE EVER IN NEED OF SOMEONE TO TAKE SOME PUNCHES FOR YOU, I'M READY!
:hug:

Ladies of PLEBA, are we willing to stand by our favorite Man?

Then please let him know here! :bono: :love:

Wow. Those are some nice lyrics...I hope that they are going to be a part of the album, 'cause I really like them. Particularly the last line.

And I'll gladly support Bono. He's such a great person, so he deserves it.

And that is interesting about how the songs wind up being about himself in a way. I think it takes a very brave person to bare their soul to the world, regardless of what responses they may get for doing so.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom