SOI Promotional Apearances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2.com - Bono and Edge "moving on" with U2 without Larry and Adam. Announcement coming tomorrow

Oh man...

I heard they had a huge, knock-down brawl that wasn't filmed after the Facebook Q&A.

Turns out Larry doesn't like it when people make fun of his reading glasses. :(

Very good performance in France. Acoustic arrangement suits to Miracle, it sounds more fresh, not like old school rocknroll

Still I´m upset they perform only as duo. Adam and Larry can play some minimalistic rhytm to those songs. Similar like they did for example for Springhill Mining Disaster live cover.

Breaking wave was better than in Italy, but it needs to be done 1/2 or even 1 step down. It is terribly high for Bono.

Very good performance in France. Acoustic arrangement suits to Miracle, it sounds more fresh, not like old school rocknroll

Still I´m upset they perform only as duo. Adam and Larry can play some minimalistic rhytm to those songs. Similar like they did for example for Springhill Mining Disaster live cover.

Breaking wave was better than in Italy, but it needs to be done 1/2 or even 1 step down. It is terribly high for Bono.

I actually preferred both songs on Che Tempo Che Fa Sunday, particularly The Miracle. Bono's speaking voice on Canal+ was scratchy. He really needs to take care!

Very good performance in France.

Agreed. :up:

Maybe for tomorrow's appearance they can bring in a backup drummer and bassist? Larry and Adam can continue their vacation that way :)

Sent from my HTCONE using U2 Interference mobile app

Tonight's performance was much better. Maybe it was the lighting. :giggle:

In a way it does give the new songs a chance to be heard without the usual bombastic full-on nature of typical U2 performance. Which I'm sure we'll get to soon enough.

Even tho these are acoustic style performances, the drummer and bass player
are still very much a part of the songs.

Well, whatever is keeping them from joining Bono and the Edge must be
very very important. We will wait for their speedy return.

Bono, if your ever in need, call on Last Minute Musicians | Live Bands for Hire | Wedding Entertainment
They have two girls for hire. They are TWIN GIRLS!
One plays drums and the other plays the bass.

Last edited:
I like this acoustic EBW more than the album version. The chord progression in the chorus is very pretty.

Hurts me to say this, but that's pretty horrendous. Looks like a music video produced for an awful local band with a cheap green-screen, edited in iMovie.

It's basically Get On Your Boot's all over again. The music video for that was entirely green screen, and the song itself was a rather underwhelming first single, which is the case here, in my opinion.

Hurts me to say this, but that's pretty horrendous. Looks like a music video produced for an awful local band with a cheap green-screen, edited in iMovie.

It's basically Get On Your Boot's all over again. The music video for that was entirely green screen, and the song itself was a rather underwhelming first single, which is the case here, in my opinion.

i agree. i like the colors, and perhaps the aesthetic is meant to be low-fi, but it's obviously and totally green screen.

it makes me think that, 1) they know the "real" video is the iTunes commercial, and, 2) this probably all came together *very* quickly in August and they had to scramble to get even this shot in time for the 9/9 release. hence the choice of a studio in the south of France and not London or LA.

Not bad for a U2 vídeo, but where are the dancing girls?

Its been along time since we last seen a belly-dancer.
I know. I know she married The Edge, but they could hire another belly-dancer!

I nearly wet my pants when that first aired. If people don't know the context - it was just after U2 indefinitely postponed the vertigo tour for Australia. Also, Clayton's was a popular non-alcoholic drink in the 70s that was meant to look like whiskey. It's slogan was 'the drink you have when you're not having a drink'. It tasted like lime and fear.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom