SOI physical release + tour info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the fact that most people wouldn't put these songs on the album means that this is a good 2nd disk. If the B-Side disk is too good, then it weakens the album. Just glad that we actually got worthwhile B-Sides and some acoustic/alternate tracks. :up:

Someone said the acoustic tracks are separated, right?

U2Valencia posted a photo of the deluxe packaging that clearly shows 5 tracks listed on the back, with track 3 being "acoustic sessions."

So, either this leak is from a digital source like amazon that already has the tracks separated, OR it is from the CD but the person who uploaded it separated the tracks themselves using editing software.

But it looks to me like the physical CD will still have these all as one track...

^ It's so strange that they'd put all of these songs into one track. They're not even all "acoustic". I'll definitely go with the single file version (Amazon download?).

One thing I am certain of, everything from these sessions completely destroys anything Coldplay have released from the last year.

Sent from my D6503 using U2 Interference mobile app

This. Gonna be making a custom playlist now that the deluxe disc leaked. Need to figure out where to insert Crystal though... :hmm:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

The crystals go in the top. Once you've figured out where, you can go back to '82 and take state.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Random observation - TCB chorus sounds like the chorus of A Freak Like Me Needs Company from Spoderman. Also, I said ages ago I thought the SLABT alternate perspective could be through the eyes of the victim. Great lyrics and a great concept.

Random observation - TCB chorus sounds like the chorus of A Freak Like Me Needs Company from Spoderman. Also, I said ages ago I thought the SLABT alternate perspective could be through the eyes of the victim. Great lyrics and a great concept.

I also think the alternate perspective is from the victim's POV. I also think it's not as good as the original, but, alas, I suppose that's why the original is on the album and this one is simply a b side bonus track.

I also think the alternate perspective is from the victim's POV. I also think it's not as good as the original, but, alas, I suppose that's why the original is on the album and this one is simply a b side bonus track.

I agree it isn't as good. As a curio, and as a concept it really works. And the lyrics are quite good. But the original is better.

Hi everyone, I too am very keen to hear this!

andrewmarkfuller@hotmail

Thanks in advance!

I'm going to go as far as saying that I'm astonished they've released CD-2. For me it lays bare how troubled the Danger Mouse sessions were. He didn't get the best out of them. Dreadful...

Actually that's my first opinion upon first listen of CD2, dreadful sums it up.

2 new tracks are ok I guess, the acoustic sessions, seriously bad.

I absolutely love CD1, here's hoping they dump any thought of an acoustic set on the tour.

Hmm, it suddenly occurs to me that my three favorite tracks (Reach, Iris, Volcano) are the only ones without alternate versions. Interesting observation.

Hi all,

Google is your friend.

Type 'Songs Of Innocence Deluxe', the answer you are looking for is usually top of page 1.

Bono sounds very tired on these acoustic songs

They were recorded immediately after the Apple show, right? His voice was a bit strained in that show, I wonder if his vacation before the thing kicked off took its toll!

Hi all,

Google is your friend.

Type 'Songs Of Innocence Deluxe', the answer you are looking for is usually top of page 1.

I was just about to say that.
usoi.rar 182,71 MB
It has already leaked and is available worldwide.
I´m also listening to it now. :applaud: Grooooovy music!

I will be getting the original 2-CD-deluxe version + Vinyl as
soon as it arrives in the store on the 14th :up:

I also think it's not as good as the original, but, alas, I suppose that's why the original is on the album and this one is simply a b side bonus track.

Yes. It's similar to the Achtung Baby Kindergarten and B Sides--while they are great and fascinating, what they do most effectively is show how well they nailed it with the album version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom