SOE - Part 8 - iHeart Beach CLips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch Kygo Debut U2 Collab “The Best Thing” At Cloud Nine Festival - Stereogum

Stereogum have picked it up. Let's see if any other blogs and news outlets do the same

That will happen for sure. And as I pointed out... if a "high profile" DJ releases such a Collab, many other DJs will include such a "croud pleaser" in their mixes... what a nice way to draw attention to U2. Bonos vocals are recognizable within seconds... The dancy feel to the song will appeal to many , non U2 fans as well..

I would like to think it's an effort to build up hype for the new single. I think the only way for them to achieve the wanted relevance is to go back to the old way.
Have a good new song, the kind of song people will relate to and crave for more. I used to love that hype about U2 when they released new music, like when i heard Stay on the radio for the first time, or the Beautiful Day days. I think there is a reverse effect when the exposure is too big and the song doesnt live up to that. I love Miracle, but wasnt a radio friendly song. So the Apple thing backfired. Maybe if it was another kind of song it could have worked. In the end you have to have a good new single. For U2 i trust the old way, the first single, the first taste will get people hooked if its worked with elegance like a Beatiful Day, it announced a new U2 era, the video was tasteful, the played Tv shows. The rest came naturally. I dont think U2 now is that much less relevant it was in 1999. Release a good song, a fine video, play on tv shows but not a week straight, get airplay, maybe an important event like Olympics. Nothing exagerated or forced.
They have to keep that U2 flair, forget about supermarkets(Holy Joe anyone), about Itunes or a song about boots.
I like the idea of a DJ playing a new U2 single in the form of a remix, the song sounds very promising, they created a buzz, trust the song strengh e keep going. Maybe a big video realese and thats all they need to have a hit. Don't go and try to win Beyonce or Adele in their own game, these are multimedia artists, U2 are a music artist. Stick to that. Well, thats my 2 cents.

From what I saw on Youtube the chorus is

You're the best thing about me
the best thing that ever happened to a boy
you're the best thing about me
I'm the kind of trouble that you enjoy
Perfect things are easy to destroy

Why am I
(can't tell what he says later)

Hoping SOE does better than that.

Except I think he leaves out the article for boy. He says "The best thing that ever happened to boy." Which is a pretty nice hook.

Man, those verses with that kind of crunchy production and Bono's voice sounds amazing. I don't like the chorus as much, but admittedly it's catchy.

Interesting promo...preview a remix of a new song at an EDM Festival. Think about it, it's got a catchy chorus and the crowd is there to 'dance'...which the crowd does during the second chorus. Great idea from the U2 Marketing Machine. Preview a new song at a Dance Festival, and get a YouTube vid of the crowd reacting positively to said new song...:up:

No way this is the single mix. Def a remix and who knows the reason.

I just hope it means U2 are done tinkering and release the damn song (and album)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

You'd have to assume though that "they" won't want momentum to drop and so they'd maybe release said track to buy/stream within a few days....

I hear:
The best thing that ever happened, and boy...

On 2nd view, the lyrics are clearly visible on the screen. He says "the best thing that ever happened to boy."

You can use it like that. It's hooky. "Boy" could be seen as a grammatical equivalent to "man." Or is it a reference to their first album? Oooh!!!

The part "how bad can a good boy be?" "shooting off my mouth, that's another great thing about me" it's to the same beat, but could that be from another song since this is a DJ remix? It fits and it doesn't fit to me. it's also my favorite part of the song.

Beach Clips -- More than The Best Thing played from those who have heard or know? I'm still in love with a beach clip song from like 8 years ago that people here said was Thank You by Daniel Lanois.

The more I hear this song, the more I love it. Its one of the catchiest and most upbeat U2 songs since ATYCLB. The small Edge riff at the very end is so modern yet so Edge like. I really hope the "proper" version isn't ruined.

Beach Clips -- More than The Best Thing played from those who have heard or know? I'm still in love with a beach clip song from like 8 years ago that people here said was Thank You by Daniel Lanois.

The beach clips were just The Best Thing

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

The beach clips were just The Best Thing

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Can we agree, that the first clip emerged was the "album version" (different lyrics, more stripped down) and now we know, that the U2 By U2 facebook thing was/is the Kygo remix?

Although it would be funny if this Kygo version would be the album version, but I doubt it

Pertinent question: is TBT a two or three choruses song?
I think 3 choruses songs always have more chance to become a big hit.

Can we agree, that the first clip emerged was the "album version" (different lyrics, more stripped down) and now we know, that the U2 By U2 facebook thing was/is the Kygo remix?

Although it would be funny if this Kygo version would be the album version, but I doubt it
Sounds that way but still way too difficult to tell until we have a proper release

"When the world is ours/
And every door smells of fresh paint"??

Eesh. Nice melody, good hook, but really?

just read that apparently today is Bono and Ali's anniversary. This song is clearly dedicated to Ali...hmm.....maybe just maybe...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"When the world is ours/
And every door smells of fresh paint"??

Eesh. Nice melody, good hook, but really?

My first thought when I heard this was "I suppose this is the next Heavy As A Truck/Top Of A Newborn Baby's Head".

just read that apparently today is Bono and Ali's anniversary. This song is clearly dedicated to Ali...hmm.....maybe just maybe...

Well, if they didn't play California at any of the Cali dates, then coinciding things might not matter a whole lot to them after all. :D

Sounds like full-on neon/current (aka awful) era Coldplay.

"Tell me you love me. If you don't, then lie" isn't sheer poetry to you??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom