SOE Holdouts until 12/1- The End is Near

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
9877154a35bd79c2927a6d0f56559d22.jpg

c660c9de00799d9b1c283d8641828eaa.jpg

I'm holding out as well. I've only heard TBT and the live version of LT. I really like both, but I gotta be honest. I am not really that excited for this album. I just am not anticipating it at all. I couldn't even tell you half of the song titles at this point. And I'm not going to any shows next year, because I can't be bothered to drive 6 hours to the nearest show.

I still love U2 and listen to them nearly everyday. I'm just have no excitement for a new album. I'm hoping that this pessimistic attitude will serve me well, when I buy it on December 1st and am BLOWN AWAY BY IT! I need an album to sweep me away, it's been awhile since I've felt that way.

Sort of feel the same way. I just started feeling excitement about it, and that's only because of the overwhelmingly positive reception it's getting around here.

If the album doesn't blow me away, that lot in the SOE34 thread is going to have a lot to account for. It's one of the ones that could be interesting to go back to in a year.

I haven’t listened to the stream mainly cause my ears don’t pick up the quality the other posters do. Not that the stream is beach clip quality, but when I’d listen to those all I’d hear is faint music with waves crashing. Then I’d read so much more detail on here and I’d wonder how is that possible.

I pre ordered iTunes so i can wait till Friday when it’s downloaded to my library.

I’m a little disappointed that Edge doesn’t have any signature moments on guitar, but if he makes up for it with creative rhythm pieces that’s ok too. And sounds like he’s really involved with the backing vocals which is always a plus.

I haven't listened to any of the leak and I just want to hold off til Friday when I have the CD in hand.

I have zero problems listening to a leak. If a high-quality rip shows up tonight (and I hope it does) I'll happily download and listen to it.

I'm just not a big fan of super low-quality leaks that really don't do the music justice (like a cam torrent of a movie). I'm just not that desperate to hear any record or see any film. It's been two years since U2's last record...what I can't wait another few days to hear it the way it's meant to be heard?

I have zero problems listening to a leak. If a high-quality rip shows up tonight (and I hope it does) I'll happily download and listen to it.

I'm just not a big fan of super low-quality leaks that really don't do the music justice (like a cam torrent of a movie). I'm just not that desperate to hear any record or see any film. It's been two years since U2's last record...what I can't wait another few days to hear it the way it's meant to be heard?

The older I get the more I'm like this. There is literally no record or film that I need to see that badly that I can't wait until the day it's released... or after. Maybe I'm just a jaded adult that's less excitable?

Honestly, on December 1st I will have to work a full day (can't listen to it at work) and then that night I will be going out with a group of friends I haven't seen in awhile. So there's a chance I won't even listen to SOE on the day if it's release. And I'm fine with that.

Someone else said this, and it’s a morbid way of looking at things, but I could die in a car crash tomorrow. If I do, I’m glad I at least listened to the album in some shape or form.

I'm with you. I have the leaked recording but I just couldn't bring myself to spoil my first listen. It only happens once - got to maximize my experience.

I'm waiting to hear in on Dec 1st. To me that's fun... the anticipation is sometimes even better than the event itself.

I was a huge fan of LOST and I watched it as it aired for 6 seasons, so If I can wait 6 years to watch a show, I can wait 5 days to hear an album.

Someone else said this, and it’s a morbid way of looking at things, but I could die in a car crash tomorrow. If I do, I’m glad I at least listened to the album in some shape or form.

That's certainly a thought too. Sometimes I wonder about those type of things, like not hearing your favorite band's next album, not seeing how the new Star Wars movie turns out, etc.

But like everything in life, you don't know when that time will come. So either way, I think taking my chances on waiting a few more days for 10+ new songs will be okay in the end.

I was a huge fan of LOST and I watched it as it aired for 6 seasons, so If I can wait 6 years to watch a show, I can wait 5 days to hear an album.

Loved lost, probably 3rd best show I've ever watched behind Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones(GOT is EPIC).

I too saw Lost while it aired and it was special when you have the build up anticipation. I'll also say, I really liked the last episode.....I must have been cutting onions that night because my eyes were a bit watery when each character was touched by another and then remembered their past....yeah, it was the onions!!!!

So now folks here are really facing a dilemma. High quality (CD?) leak is out there.....to wait or not?

Ugh. Good point. And I have a house to scrub clean today.

Decisions, decisions.

I am too tech un-savvy, I guess, to find a leak, so I will hold on. But really only because I am an old man not plugged into the kid's fiber optic network of flying data matter...

Loved lost, probably 3rd best show I've ever watched behind Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones(GOT is EPIC).

I too saw Lost while it aired and it was special when you have the build up anticipation. I'll also say, I really liked the last episode.....I must have been cutting onions that night because my eyes were a bit watery when each character was touched by another and then remembered their past....yeah, it was the onions!!!!

LOST is my favorite TV drama of all time. BREAKING BAD and THE WIRE I loved and are better overall episode to episode due to not being on network TV and having to deal with that crap... Anyway, yes i also loved the ending even if I had another version of what could have happened in my mind. The best part of watching the show was seeing an episode, then you go to work and discuss it all week long. Theories. Binge watching has killed that. Too many shows has killed that. It was amazing.

I have a strong memory of getting POP in high school and listening to it at midnight before school... I just treasure getting the physical U2 CD and looking at the artwork and enjoying it. Getting it digitally isn't the same as getting the album. Last album I did get digitally because well they gave it to everyone that way -- shit I think I forgot to get the physical disc! -- ha -- anyway -- my point is for me waiting for the official release is part of the fun/joy of it all. spoilers aren't fun. you know before I do? Way to go, but you ruined it for yourself!

LOST is my favorite TV drama of all time. BREAKING BAD and THE WIRE I loved and are better overall episode to episode due to not being on network TV and having to deal with that crap... Anyway, yes i also loved the ending even if I had another version of what could have happened in my mind. The best part of watching the show was seeing an episode, then you go to work and discuss it all week long. Theories. Binge watching has killed that. Too many shows has killed that. It was amazing.

I have a strong memory of getting POP in high school and listening to it at midnight before school... I just treasure getting the physical U2 CD and looking at the artwork and enjoying it. Getting it digitally isn't the same as getting the album. Last album I did get digitally because well they gave it to everyone that way -- shit I think I forgot to get the physical disc! -- ha -- anyway -- my point is for me waiting for the official release is part of the fun/joy of it all. spoilers aren't fun. you know before I do? Way to go, but you ruined it for yourself!

Happy to be ruined. :)

I assume as quickly as I can find links, they will be gone.

So, basically, I will spend until Friday trying to find a leak, but won't be able to, so I will then be able to claim purity upon Mount Bono...I meant to wait all along :)

I assume as quickly as I can find links, they will be gone.

So, basically, I will spend until Friday trying to find a leak, but won't be able to, so I will then be able to claim purity upon Mount Bono...I meant to wait all along :)

Link that Dan pointed you to has been up almost three hours now...

I’m still holding out. I’m glad to just read all your positive responses though. This album sounds special.

Back
Top Bottom