SOE 32: let there be no leak puns..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These are the same recycled comments over and over again. Knew all this already. And please stop with the grain of salt and only one listen stuff. Who the hell cares. If you actually heard it, just post your damn thoughts.

Savage bro. Savage.

Yeah excellent summary. As mentioned above, I think string version of Lights Go Home is going to be a better than official album version bShowman is good. We actually had to go back and identify it on track listing when we got our phones back and compare to little crib notes. Thought we had missed it on first listening as hadn’t taken in to account the “little more better “ in parenthesis, which feature quite heavily in the lyrics, and also because it doesn’t sound how I personally imagine a song by that name would. Expected something ballsier and brasher and its not at all

Thank you for posting your thoughts here for us :)

Thanks, digsy. The most encouraging part of your review is that I haven't been blown away by many of the songs released so far - but your musical tastes and mine seem to perfectly align, all the way down to loving HTDAAB when it came out but not caring for it much now. If you're happy with the album, that's a good sign for me.

Despite my initial trepidation, my excitement for this album is growing.

So if SOI featured Larry and his son, SOE featured Bono and Edge’s kids, is it safe to assume SOA will feature Adam and his lineage to some extent?

I’ve been out for a week. Can anyone tell me if the album or any song is leaked?? Thx!

Yeah excellent summary. As mentioned above, I think string version of Lights Go Home is going to be a better than official album version bShowman is good. We actually had to go back and identify it on track listing when we got our phones back and compare to little crib notes. Thought we had missed it on first listening as hadn’t taken in to account the “little more better “ in parenthesis, which feature quite heavily in the lyrics, and also because it doesn’t sound how I personally imagine a song by that name would. Expected something ballsier and brasher and its not at all

Ok, but how do each of these songs sound while underwater?

I just realized we're only two weeks away!

giphy.gif

Yep. Lights go home is too bomb for my liking. BUT the string version they played at the end was much better. A bit like EBW vs EBW acoustic. Made all the difference

i want t say you are the second person/reviewer to note that this song sounded like it could be on HTDAAB.

That will make a few people around here run for the hills but not me....i enjoy Bomb a lot!

Encouraging to hear a somewhat similar review from digsy. We're just 2 weeks away!

I think this strategy is brilliant. Promote the album with weaker songs (not that they are bad) and then get legs for the next 6 months with the stronger stuff

Back
Top Bottom