SOE 32: let there be no leak puns..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe they never listened to the album, and everyone just ragged on Bono’s glasses

I have given this a lot of thought. And I’ve decided that if I did get to meet Bono again, I would actually tell him to stop wearing the glasses. I know he’d probably tell me to fuck off. But I would do that for US folks, I truly would.

37A0445A-DCAE-4D01-ADA0-E90D90157F9A.jpeg

:laugh:

I have given this a lot of thought. And I’ve decided that if I did get to meet Bono again, I would actually tell him to stop wearing the glasses. I know he’d probably tell me to fuck off. But I would do that for US folks, I truly would.

Set up a GoFund Me for that cause and I will give you all my money. Can you also ask him to do something with his hair?

How did you meet him? I never have. Has everyone here but me? [emoji35]

Set up a GoFund Me for that cause and I will give you all my money. Can you also ask him to do something with his hair?

Closest I came to Bono was about 3 feet when filming the video for COBL. I reached my hand to the stage as he was shacking hands and bastard skipped me!!

And my parents in the early 90's saw the band in an airport in Germany but funny thing was they did not know who they were until my bro showed them pics of u2 when they returned home.

Confirmed Rumor:

The glasses are a Rush tribute, and he won’t ditch them till this forum allows certain people back. He warned us that he knows people.

He doesn’t look good. He looks 10 years older than he is.

Granted, a life on stage will take its toll, especially when you smile (unlike Larry). But, shoot. I noticed it during RTSS this past summer, and it hasn’t gotten better. He might actually benefit from some weight gain.

And I’m a terrible person for writing all that.

I really hope the album doesn't leak because it will be really cool to have a "listening party" on 12/1. Although, if the album is released on 12/1 to all locations that would mean Australia will get the album first....you Aussies better wait to post if that happens!!!!!
:lol:

New Zealand is a few hours ahead of Australia. Why the fuck does the rest of the world forget about NZ? WE ARE BEAUTIFUL AND UNIQUE SNOWFLAKES.

And is the Portal to Middle Earth, as well! :D

Granted, a life on stage will take its toll, especially when you smile (unlike Larry). But, shoot. I noticed it during RTSS this past summer, and it hasn’t gotten better. He might actually benefit from some weight gain.

Steps in to be another "terrible person" No, the weight is OK. And yay for all the smiles, but I'd say between the earlier smoking and continued drinking - not good for the skin (let alone the insides) when you over do it.

Last edited:

that would be incredibly rude of you and you would deserve to be told to fuck off :|

I think he’s gone through another fast aging period like between Achtung and Pop. He’s said to have done a lot of boozing on the JT tour which probably didn’t do him any more favors on top of the bike accident and health scare.

Facebook “on this day” is my own daily reminder that we all get old.

Last edited:

LOL. Yeah, he needs some major product in that hair to keep it slicked back a bit.

I met him the day of the third Chicago show for Popmart. There were groups of us out on the lawn area outside the stadium. The black SUVs come by and stop. Bono hops out and walks over. He talked with us for about 5 minutes. Whispering the whole time, saying his voice was gone. He asked if everyone had tickets. I didn't, i had just showed up from seeing them the first night and was waiting to see what i could pick up before showtime. He told a guy with him to give out tickets to those that needed them. really cool.

That night he came out with his broken voice and said, last night we rocked this place. Tonight we're gonna kick your ass! much respect.

So far this is the only mention I see from an attendee last night. I think she has an entirely reasonable point (about being objective) too haha

I huge thanks to @absoluteradio @oc & team for an unforgettable night with @u2 at @AbbeyRoad. Just incredible, feel so lucky. And u2 fans - may be hard to be objective in those circumstances but the album is GOOOOOOOOOD ?
https://twitter.com/diannedelahunty/status/931122874886303744

I must be strange because I don't mind the glasses that much, in fact, I think they are fine given his face is kind of square. I could probably point out a half dozen pairs of glasses he has worn over the years that I didn't care for, but these are okay with me.

question on what were the stand out tracks she can remember.

@diannedelahunty

Ooh. TBH I couldn’t sing you a single one of them again but standouts in my memory - opener and red flag day

Question: Does it feel more rock or pop?

@diannedelahunty

Depends on your definition 1 not as poppy as Best Thing would imply as a first single, but you also wouldn’t confuse it with a Foo Fighters album!!!

I met him the day of the third Chicago show for Popmart. There were groups of us out on the lawn area outside the stadium. The black SUVs come by and stop. Bono hops out and walks over. He talked with us for about 5 minutes. Whispering the whole time, saying his voice was gone. He asked if everyone had tickets. I didn't, i had just showed up from seeing them the first night and was waiting to see what i could pick up before showtime. He told a guy with him to give out tickets to those that needed them. really cool.

That night he came out with his broken voice and said, last night we rocked this place. Tonight we're gonna kick your ass! much respect.

That's a really cool story - I'd never read it, if you've told it on here before. I was kinda hoping something similar would happen while my brother and I dicked around outside the stadium for their Honolulu show in '06 (although, we had tickets), but no luck.

She and Neil McCormick had a brief Twitter exchange and they both praised the opening track. This is gonna be a long two week wait!!

https://twitter.com/diannedelahunty/status/931215766132809730

@diannedelahunty
Omg Neil. The opening track ????????????

Neil McCormick‏
Its a beauty.

@diannedelahunty
And so wonderfully unexpected at the front. It’s the kind of beauty they’ve buried at the back of albums lately. Loved so much of it.

I must be strange because I don't mind the glasses that much, in fact, I think they are fine given his face is kind of square. I could probably point out a half dozen pairs of glasses he has worn over the years that I didn't care for, but these are okay with me.

You may be strange, but I'm not sure it cause you like Bongo's sunglasses. :wink:

Would you say it's up there with their best?

Really hard to say after one listen. I will say I liked it more on 1st listening than I did the last few albums. I clearly remember pulling faces listening to NLOTH (which I hindsight I quite like) 1st time. Pulled far fewer faces last night!

I think if the glasses were a different color it might not be so bad. It's the pink/rose that's doing him fewer favors than the shape.

Would they not be obliged to sign some sort of papers not to talk about it though ?

I dunno. why have a fan listening party if you didn't want them to talk?? Makes no sense. Media, yes, you don't want official reviews out there til you give the go ahead. But do we really think they just want 50 fans to hear it and that's it?? no way.

I dunno. why have a fan listening party if you didn't want them to talk?? Makes no sense. Media, yes, you don't want official reviews out there til you give the go ahead. But do we really think they just want 50 fans to hear it and that's it?? no way.

This. I thought maybe they had to sign an NDA because you know, u2 move in mysterious ways, but it would make no sense. You'de think they would want the hype to get going in social media.

Back
Top Bottom