SOE 30: With a Fanscore of 5 Bananas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a big difference between continuing a tour after a year break (like 360) vs. a two year break with another tour in the middle. It's been long enough I'd rather they approach this tour with a new idea, but I'll take what we're getting and have a blast with it.

This was always going to be the theme, hence the name. It doesn’t matter the length of time, it’s a second album, the second part of the theme. The stage will be the same, and I think the “journey” part will be there, just through a different storyline and visuals.

Why does there have to be some arbitrary timeline put on such a thing? I’d rather see them see an interesting and ambitious concept all the way through.

Last edited:
In the later-CD era, it wouldn't. And now that we're primarily digital, the term barely exists. Something like Kamasi Washington's The Epic was designed as a 3-part/3-disc affair, but if you're under 80 minutes you're still a single album, even if it would have been a double in times past. And I still doubt the album proper goes over 60 min.

All of this. Personally, I'll be surprised if the 13 songs listed as non-deluxe add up to the length of Achtung Baby.

Will we get an early leak of the album is what I'm wondering. Would love to have an early listen two/three weeks from now.

Will we get an early leak of the album is what I'm wondering. Would love to have an early listen two/three weeks from now.

Given physical pressings etc exist, or are very close to existing, and the physical release is the same day as digital, I don’t see how there won’t be a leak.

I'd prefer to have the artwork/credits with me when I hear it and not be tempted to listen without. One of the nice things about SOI was that the Apple giveaway came with the digital booklet and that really insightful/personal foreword from Bono.

Last edited:
My guess is that they are going to send out 13 different copies with one song uncovered to different groups of U2.com members, so people will post them on social media and piece together the complete album... Until @U2 ruined it :angry:

As much as I would prefer to remain an arsehole, the wholesome U2 fan in me thinks this is really shitty by atU2. That would have been a pretty cool way for us to find out the tracklist.

ZhV49gEuSXKahzdkQcPZ_I-Want-To-Believe-ghostbusters-30620138-500-200.gif

This would be funny... if you hadn't spent half your life on this forum claiming you're the only reason Larry Mullen Jnr is alive today.

So what are the chances of the new single being out tomorrow? I'de think tomorrow would be very likely if they want to get it out for the day of the dead but Friday might be more logical?

I’d say low at this point.

If the single is GOOYOW, then maybe tomorrow, only if they have the film clip ready.

If it’s the Blackout, probably learn the lesson re charts and release on Friday.

So what are the chances of the new single being out tomorrow? I'de think tomorrow would be very likely if they want to get it out for the day of the dead but Friday might be more logical?

Hard to tell at this point. Hoping it will be released no later than Friday.

True. But at least I haven't spent half my life on this forum!

You say this like it's some sort of good comeback but it's not remotely?

Whatever happened to the new song Bono described as having, "The best drum break ever in a U2 song"? I think it was 'Tightrope", but I don't remember! There was also 'Civilization'. Anyone recall anything about this?

Geez you must have fallen on hard times if this is the best your psychic talents can produce these days.

This was always going to be the theme, hence the name. It doesn’t matter the length of time, it’s a second album, the second part of the theme. The stage will be the same, and I think the “journey” part will be there, just through a different storyline and visuals.

Why does there have to be some arbitrary timeline put on such a thing? I’d rather see them see an interesting and ambitious concept all the way through.

Yeah, a show that thematically links to the Innocence portion of the 2015 show and the Songs of Innocence album would be cool. It's a thread they left hanging begging to be completed, yeah.

But looking at U2 as a band that consistently puts on shows that are innovative and technical spectacles, it's a little disappointing if the next tour comes from the same bag of tricks as 2015. Even something small like the LED curtains that got added from Elevation to Vertigo is something. I hope they have some new tricks up their sleeve, but I'll enjoy whatever we get. New music in a new setlist will make it worth the price of admission.

When did TBT drop on streaming services when it was released? Wednesday morning-ish ET?

I believe the tour is being announced at 1PM EST tomorrow. The Boston dates and presale of Nov 20th I am solid on. The 1PM announcement tomorrow I assume is the tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom