Soe 24 - s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Really glad to see you guys win. Was getting nervous when Cummins was hitting six after six. Can't stand this Aussie team.
Thanks bruv. Just our tenth win. But getting better. It's a country crazy about cricket, and there can be a lot of unedifying jingoism, but we've had our fair share of dark days and this just makes it sweeter

That's what made me think about making it available somewhere else to actually buy as well as viewing the streaming video.

Otherwise its just going to get ripped and downloaded surely?

I will (like many others), for personal use only , capture the Facebook Live event of course

Streaming has killed a lot of the concern with illegal downloads. Most people who were downloading music were doing it because of the aggregated expense of buying albums they liked, and the convenience. A large percentage of those people are subscribed to a streaming service.

I think they will make it available to Apple Music and Spotify pretty quickly. They get nothing out of keeping it off there - it will be out in the wild, and people will pirate it if they cant find it elsewhere. That and the Album Sales Equivalent units give them a notional sale for every 1000 streams, so they would want it up there soon.

I'm not sure if the song will be available on iTunes today after the video plays. They're marketing it as "just for you" from u2.com so it is likely it's just a video for the "fans" to drum up talk for the album so there's no surprises when the best thing comes out.

3 hours, 45 mins to go. Finally some movement!nit sure what happened there - I was sure I typed 5:45...

Last edited:
Very tempting to stay up for it but I might have to give this one a pass. I wish Dan's typo was right and it dropped at midnight! I'm already sleep-deprived and need to stop showing up late for work...

Yeah its almost like you can hear the buss drum .

jerry_buss.jpg

Ugh I'm not going to be able to listen to it for at least 12 hours. Work until 5, then I'm immediately going to meet an old friend I haven't seen for awhile at 6. If I know him, we could very well still be sitting there drinking and talking at midnight! I may not even get a chance all day, unless I sneak a listen on my phone in the bathroom!

It's the firt time i don't keep repeating a clip from a new song infinitely. I didnt listen to it more than 10 times since it came out. I wonder why is that?

It's the firt time i don't keep repeating a clip from a new song infinitely. I didnt listen to it more than 10 times since it came out. I wonder why is that?

I've only listened to it about 5 times and I'm looking forward to the full thing. I just don't think there's really much to get out of a mere 15 seconds.

I've only listened to it about 5 times and I'm looking forward to the full thing. I just don't think there's really much to get out of a mere 15 seconds.

Agreed! I rather wait for the whole thing! Sure it kina sounds like u2 by the numbers, but its got lots of energy atleast from the 15 seconds I've heard. I'll reserve judgement until I hear the whole thing! I really don't get those who say it's shit or it's the best song since ever just off of a 15 second clip lol.

I get dad rock out of a mere 15 seconds

if just the intro is WEIRD ("") distorted guitar .. and the rest is like in the chorus .. it is Edge by numbers .. which is not bad ... but I'd like some different kind of Edge work here ... but we'll see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom