Soe 24 - s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm digging the bounciness of this clip and what we've heard so far of Best Thing. It's why I can't help but laugh at the "U2 by numbers" comments.

21 Pilots are a Nickelback rewrite. Absolute trash. Was forced to see them with my brother at a music festival last year. Couldn't believe they were headliners. 0 songs worth listening to and a complete sham of a live performance. For some reason, a bunch of people were buying it.

I'm not sure if the song will be available on iTunes today after the video plays. They're marketing it as "just for you" from u2.com so it is likely it's just a video for the "fans" to drum up talk for the album so there's no surprises when the best thing comes out.

Agreed, unless they're releasing it as a single (which doesn't seem to be the case with the caption stating Best Thing is first single) this'll probably just be a streaming exclusive until the full album is announced and available for pre-order on iTunes. At that point we may be able to buy Blackout & Best Thing or download them with a preorder.

Looks like we might only get the Facebook low quality audio and crowd noise for a little bit then.... Not a big complaint just wanna hear the best audio hahah Then we can rip the production apart ... :hmm:

It's actually the first test of Ticketmaster's fan verification system, where you need to pre-register and get a text confirmation today in order to buy tickets.

Ah! Yeah, I've been a part of that process twice already with other bands. Seemed okay, although I only got GA tickets each time, so not sure how that would go with seats. Yet.

I don't expect u2 this late in their career to come up with something so out there like they did with AB. No band into their 4th decade has accomplished that. I think a lot of people are setting themselves up for dissapointment if they truly believe u2 can pull off the near impossible. Just enjoy and cherish the fact that they are still making music. If you can't do that, then maybe it's time to move on and go and enjoy younger bands.

Amen!

21 Pilots are a Nickelback rewrite. Absolute trash. Was forced to see them with my brother at a music festival last year. Couldn't believe they were headliners. 0 songs worth listening to and a complete sham of a live performance. For some reason, a bunch of people were buying it.

I was waiting for last year's U2 stream from iHeart and saw 21 Pilots. There was something really fresh and different in their music. That performance was also so perfect that I told my friend that I have seen the future of pop. At that time I didn't know that, let's put it these way, I'm not their average fan age wise. Anyways, their iHeart performance beat U2's 6-0.

So who is recording today? I will, but unfortunately I'm not getting the sound quality i was hoping for. I will EQ after the fact, but hopefully someone has a better setup so we can have a decent recording to listen to until we are able to download or stream an official copy.

I was waiting for last year's U2 stream from iHeart and saw 21 Pilots. There was something really fresh and different in their music. That performance was also so perfect that I told my friend that I have seen the future of pop. At that time I didn't know that, let's put it these way, I'm not their average fan age wise. Anyways, their iHeart performance beat U2's 6-0.

Loads of people love them, I'm just completely missing it.

Anyway, I imagine if there's a video involved, maybe it ends up on Apple Music's Connect for anyone who has that. Does Spotify hold music videos? I never use it.

So who is recording today? I will, but unfortunately I'm not getting the sound quality i was hoping for. I will EQ after the fact, but hopefully someone has a better setup so we can have a decent recording to listen to until we are able to download or stream an official copy.

What's wrong with the sound quality? If you capture the FB-Live Broadcast (and you use the soundcard , not the microphone as the audio recording device) .. it should record in the same quality as the FB-Live Broadcast will be ... right?

Well the original broadcasted audio might not be 320k .. rather streamable 128k maybe, but should be fine for now

I guess the audio will be available for download/stream at the same time they upload the video.
There's no logic in showing the song only by Facebook.

That's the Ax we know and love! :up:

I remember the last time this happened, I was on holiday in Hobart and by accident was up at midnight when the IE Tour was announced. I was just lucky the old laptop I had with me wasn't so old that the U2gigs database couldn't run on it.

Suffice it to say I was very bleary-eyed the next day while sightseeing.

This band, I tell you...

knpVJ32.gif

I'm excited and encouraged about what we will here. People from Interference who were at the recording liked it. People who were at the recording outside of Interference (seem to have )liked it (based on cryptic tweets or posts).

The 15 second chorus sounds really cool with Edges guitar and more importantly the sound mix really popping for me.

However, the rest of the song can be crap and it will be bad or the rest of the song can be great and it maybe a classic (or it could turn out meh).

Either way, unless the song is only 30 seconds long, the clip we heard is not enough to draw a solid conclusion from.

I'm optimistic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom