SOE 19: Back To The Studio Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wherever The Joshua Tree is in the set, how would you prefer it to be played?

• Total voters
I'd say it's a 90% chance that South America is JT. South America basically has to be stadiums, so this is probably the best and easiest way.

It's possible that Australia could still get the arena IE show next year sometime.

Sounds like we should know a lot about their plans next week!

https://www.atu2.com/news/the-edge-confirms-to-fans-u2-shows-in-south-america-will-be-amazing.html

Doesn't confirm that it will be JT in SA by any means, but that appears to be the current rumor. I know Bono said earlier this year that it's a shame that they won't get JT30, but things can change.

And they certainly change a lot with this band. It's also in line with the album next year article. Focus on JT this year, take a few months off and gear up for SOE and new tour in 2018. Or 2025. Who even knows anymore

Plus BVS is intellectually impaired.

Really?! You play victim, say you're persecuted, accuse me of abuse and harassing you(never got an apology for that post), and yet who is the one constantly pulling this bullshit?!

You know what fuck off. I don't think I've ever said that in all my years in here. I've never reported anyone to the mods either, but if you can't stop yourself then I'll have no choice.

Plus BVS is intellectually impaired.

What's crazy to think, is I've been coming to this site for over 18 years. I joined right after starting college, as they had enough computers to surf the internet.

I know when the site went through the reboot (and Elvis was fucking with everyone), a lot of our profiles got reset with the reboot date versus the original join date.

18 years....

U2 could probably do all this and more if they wanted to. I'm assuming this JT stage is not nearly as involved or expensive as the 360 or Popmart stages were.

According to the PRG press release about this tour, the framing system for the stage/screen has a smaller profile, meaning the band has been able to reduce the amount of trucks needed to transport it from 7 to 3.

https://www.prg.com/news_media/news/spaceframe_80eedff85cf247619fe28de491e89b9a

So your assumption seems to be correct.

Here is my take from my gut only. They will extend the JT 2017 tour all the way til the end of the year. Also, if Little Things is the best we have after all the months of SOE speculation then keep working on the album guys. It's an OK tune and yes I like the lyrics but for fuck sake it is U22000 by the numbers. I see Exit on the new tour and that is the shit that blows my fucking mind and makes me love this band. Anyway a guy can dream that someday we'll hear that band again.

Last edited:
We've got a new album. This is a song that's on it.

I fear for you the most.

We ain't getting this album anytime soon. They will extend TJT Tour and say they've hit a rich song writing vein.

While TLTTGYA (can we get shorter titles??) has a nice melody, so does nearly every U2 song. But it's missing something. At least live it's missing a lot.

As someone else said, if this is the best off of SOE, then take more time and start over

I fear for you the most.

We ain't getting this album anytime soon. They will extend TJT Tour and say they've hit a rich song writing vein.

While TLTTGYA (can we get shorter titles??) has a nice melody, so does nearly every U2 song. But it's missing something. At least live it's missing a lot.

As someone else said, if this is the best off of SOE, then take more time and start over
Wait. Why do you fear for me?

Back
Top Bottom