SOE 17: Where The Album Has A Name - The Joshua Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started liking them substantially more when they got rid of the banjo. It sounded gimmicky to me. I enjoyed Wilder Mind.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm a fan of Wilder Mind as well -- "Tompkins Square Park" is the best song on the album IMO. But of course, I am a big Mumford and Sons fan. "Babel" is one of my favorite albums ever.
I would be ecstatic if they opened for U2.

If Mumford and Sons are the opener, more incentive for me to show up a few minutes before U2 goes on, which in the end means more preshow drinks.

My first ever concert was U2, so literally my first ever experience at a concert was a man dressed as a klansman being hanged by a noose as Public Enemy took the stage.

First U2 show I was at, the opening band was Fun Loving Criminals.

Same here, though I don't remember a thing about them. I guess it was almost 20 years ago. (!!!!!!!)

Here's a list of U2 opening acts I've seen

Fun Lovin' Criminals
PJ Harvey x2
Garbage
Kings of Leon
Damien Marley (I really was just thinking WTF the entire time)
Institute (Quite boring, except when they played "Machinehead" and "Everything Zen")
Snow Patrol
Florence & The Machine
Interpol

And in 2015... NOBODY.

I'd love to see CHVRCHES open for U2. I think they would be a great fit, and that the U2 crowd would be pretty welcoming towards them.

Sent from my U2 iPod using U2 Interference

When you mention CHVRCHES... The Naked And Famous come to my mind.... I like their poppy, uplifting stuff... don't know why...

I don't know if these bands work as U2 Support

It would be cool to get the opening acts from the 1987 tour. Pretenders, the Mission....

Sent from my SM-G930F using U2 Interference mobile app

Was looking forward to POP reissue, with 'baby' achtung baby like bonus disc. Popmart celabration on next SoE tour. Instead It's the fucking already chopped down joshua tree (only side a is good). Didn't expect any good new album to arrivé, so was hoping for soms 90's work (well maybe in thee subscribtion gift):wave:

First U2 show I was at, the opening band was Fun Loving Criminals.

Oh jesus, they opened in Madison as well. Just terrible. The crowd only perked up when the flugelhorn player (yes, you read that right) solo'd with "On Wisconsin."

Oh jesus, they opened in Madison as well. Just terrible. The crowd only perked up when the flugelhorn player (yes, you read that right) solo'd with "On Wisconsin."

I was at that show too. Yes they were horrible!

Sent from my SM-G935V using U2 Interference mobile app

I *KNEW* I'd recognized you from somewhere, Mikal! ;-)

Sent from my SM-G920T using U2 Interference mobile app

Well maybe nobody comes for the opening act but some of U2's should thank them - I have CDs by The Alarm, Bodeans, Garbage and Kings of Leon to name but a few as proof their 40 minute set was worth it.

Monday still for some sort of announcement or am I confused?

Well maybe nobody comes for the opening act but some of U2's should thank them - I have CDs by The Alarm, Bodeans, Garbage and Kings of Leon to name but a few as proof their 40 minute set was worth it.

Monday still for some sort of announcement or am I confused?

Monday hasn't been confirmed as the announcement date, but I'd say there's a 90% chance that it will happen on Monday. The Bonnaroo lineup is announced next Wednesday, so I would thinK U2 would have to announce the rest of the shows by then as well.

Imagine if U2 aren't doing Bonnaroo, announce a few JT shows only, and make no mention of new material.
I mean, what is the boiling point of Interference?

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app

I wonder what their studio bill is for this album, and how many album sales/tour tickets it would take before break even.

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app

Monday hasn't been confirmed as the announcement date, but I'd say there's a 90% chance that it will happen on Monday. The Bonnaroo lineup is announced next Wednesday, so I would thinK U2 would have to announce the rest of the shows by then as well.
Hm, I'm expecting a full announcement on monday, except for Bonnaroo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom