SOE 16: Protect This House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2start are reporting a rumor that U2 are playing the pink pop festival in the Netherlands on June 4th. That is the week before Bonnaroo, so it is possible.

Let's remember In 2011 U2 did Baltimore on Wednesday, Glastonbury on Friday, and East Lansing on Sunday. I was at the Lansing show, and was expecting a very tired, jet lagged performance. But no, they played a great show!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

U2start are reporting a rumor that U2 are playing the pink pop festival in the Netherlands on June 4th. That is the week before Bonnaroo, so it is possible.
Interesting. Either they are only playing festivals next year (the schedule wouldn't be so rigorous), or it's going to be before the tour.

it wouldn't shock me if they never toured again. It also wouldn't shock me if they did 2 more world tours...one for SoE and perhaps the ol' farewell tour.

Oh come on! Things have to happen in early 2017.

:lol:

Didn't we think an album was imminent when we heard the Kygo song, The Best Thing? Wasn't that like 4 months ago?

Didnt a majority of this think we'd get an album and or tour announcement when they did those 2 standalone shows several weeks back? No way they'd do those shows without something new to promote !

Logic, it's nowhere to be found.

Interesting. Either they are only playing festivals next year (the schedule wouldn't be so rigorous), or it's going to be before the tour.

This would actually make sense. One or two festivals as a warm up to test new songs and as part of a promo tour. Then proper tour starting in late summer. But since this is U2, I suppose noone knows what the heck they'll be doing. I guess they have tentatively booked venues but will only decide once the album is finished for good.
I wonder what Oseary is doing in this whole mess. Shouldn't he be somewhat involved? He seems like the way too liberal parent that lets his kids run wild...

Could the festival shows in theory happen between tour dates (rather than before/instead of)? Isn't that what other bands do/ what u2 did with Glastonbury?

Though doing festivals in the lead up to the tour, tying in with a promo tour makes sense to me.

Could the festival shows in theory happen between tour dates (rather than before/instead of)? Isn't that what other bands do/ what u2 did with Glastonbury?

Though doing festivals in the lead up to the tour, tying in with a promo tour makes sense to me.

i agree with this. I think it makes more sense to do a festival when you've already done some shows and are hitting your stride. They wouldn't want to introduce themselves to potential new fans or folks who are ambivalent to U2 with a lackluster performance.

[emoji38]

Didn't we think an album was imminent when we heard the Kygo song, The Best Thing? Wasn't that like 4 months ago?

Didnt a majority of this think we'd get an album and or tour announcement when they did those 2 standalone shows several weeks back? No way they'd do those shows without something new to promote !

Logic, it's nowhere to be found.
We first heard The Best Thing in August. I specifically remember cause I was on vacation at the time.

Let's remember In 2011 U2 did Baltimore on Wednesday, Glastonbury on Friday, and East Lansing on Sunday. I was at the Lansing show, and was expecting a very tired, jet lagged performance. But no, they played a great show!

This no to true! Don't post this kind of BS!

u2start did not report that. Some kind of user posted that rumor in their forums. That guy didn't even mention a source. So forget it. (like the so called and not existing Bonnaroo rumor)

Seems odd to me if they went the Kings Of Leon route. Headlining a ton of festivals with a handful of tour dates.

good find......once again, we're now inclined to make the leap that they're done with recording/mixing etc and now its the pics and marketing...Well, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me...or something like that.

I'm just a negative Nancy today and won't get excited until something OFFICIAL is said.

good find......once again, we're now inclined to make the leap that they're done with recording/mixing etc and now its the pics and marketing...Well, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me...or something like that.

I'm just a negative Nancy today and won't get excited until something OFFICIAL is said.

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

I would at least take it as confirmation that the album hasn't been scrapped. That's something ;)

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

George Bush ruined that expression for me. I can never get it right anymore. lol

At least he changed his glasses.

Anyone else think the festival rumours could be a bad sign? We know they are prepared to play a couple of festivals in lieu of touring

At least he changed his glasses.

Anyone else think the festival rumours could be a bad sign? We know they are prepared to play a couple of festivals in lieu of touring

I doubt they intentionally set out to do these sorts of gigs in place of touring. I'd guess that they hope to have an album out, set up ambitious plans, fail to meet deadlines, and then we get situations like the super bowl ad or the iHeartradio gig.

Wouldn't be surprised if they came out of hiding for a random festival gig in 2017 with no new material, but if that happens, I'd bet it was organised to begin with with the hopes of having a new album to promote.

People just forgetting the quotes from Adam and edge at the q awards then? And Adams comments during the atu2 40th thing? Ok then

I could easily see Larry saying something like "I am tired of U2"

but there won't be a tour because "they are tired"? That is BS.

And the festival rumours..., they don't do festivals anymore.... iHeart was an exception.

Festivals as a preparation for a tour?.... hahaha... yeah.. I guess they won't embarrass themselves.

Stick to my opinion. Tour and SOE in 2017

Saying "there's no tour- we're tired." is so clearly a joke. He was probably having fun and deflecting the question with whoever asked but it got lost in translation.

Bono & Edge were in a French photographer's studio recently/possibly today. Pic was posted about 5 hours earlier:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BN6z-B2DFi0

His hashtags include "photo shoot", "i+e Tour", and "metal". Sooo.. I don't know. Could be something, could be nothing.

Larry's new face has healed nicely, looks like a whole new man.

Well I think it's ridiculous that U2 seems to have become an undercover and covert operation. Talk about treating your fans like crap. The past year has been a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom