SOE 15: Crickets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could use a new album by them sooner than later

Think everyone is still in shock from Tuesday to care

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I have wondered if the election result might not inspire/convince bono to write a new song for the album, relating to america. If he won't consider this an opportunity/need which he just can't pass up...

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app

Klan rallies... I can't believe this is a thing in 2016. Wtf has the west been fighting for all these years?

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sillywhite/status/796849518797004800

I'm making the (not unreasonable) assumption that Lillywhite is referring to u2 with posts like these. First he was working on a single mix, then working very near eze, then there was Adam's bass amp picture, so they're still recording rather than in final/mixing stages, and Lillywhite's likely involved...

We had word it was lillywhite doing the mixing over the summer, but I wonder if he's now involved in a more hands on way, and is actually producing for them again?

Either way, hopefully they don't need to do too much more work!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sillywhite/status/796849518797004800

I'm making the (not unreasonable) assumption that Lillywhite is referring to u2 with posts like these. First he was working on a single mix, then working very near eze, then there was Adam's bass amp picture, so they're still recording rather than in final/mixing stages, and Lillywhite's likely involved...

We had word it was lillywhite doing the mixing over the summer, but I wonder if he's now involved in a more hands on way, and is actually producing for them again?

Either way, hopefully they don't need to do too much more work!
Did we have doubts about them being in the studio? I mean once we see studio pics that seems kind of logical. And it makes Adam's statement re timeline more realistic, if not optimistic...

Did we have doubts about them being in the studio? I mean once we see studio pics that seems kind of logical. And it makes Adam's statement re timeline more realistic, if not optimistic...

Not about them being in the studio, but working with Lillywhite.

My main point was that over the summer, he seemed to only be involved in mixing, whereas now I'm wondering if he's producing too.

Not about them being in the studio, but working with Lillywhite.

My main point was that over the summer, he seemed to only be involved in mixing, whereas now I'm wondering if he's producing too.

Ah ok. Well then I'd say we cannot tell. The picture you posted could be from any band. Or do you recognize anything in it as being U2?

Even if they are recording, doesn't mean it is dire. They recorded new versions of songs on the road in a day or two - Original of the Species single mix was done in Milan between shows wasn't it?

Point being - maybe there is a mixture of overdubs (requiring instruments), re-recording parts, writing, and mixing. Obviously best case is mixing and overdubs, worst case is writing.

When do you stop referring to Adams "timeline"...... ;) ... please.... please.... as U2 put it themselves in NLOTH - "Time is irrelevant, it's not linear"

they made assumptions for every possible timeframe... some earlier, some later.... the latest Adam quote was "sometime next year".....

Just enjoyed SOI on vinyl and loud on speakers.... great record... still... imho.

So .... time is irrelevant.... SOE will come.... that's more important to me than when it comes... and I have no expectations anymore whatsoever ... a very calming attitude I fought for.... the hyped and being disappointed for... nothing? phase is over....

When do you stop referring to Adams "timeline"...... ;) ... please.... please.... as U2 put it themselves in NLOTH - "Time is irrelevant, it's not linear"

they made assumptions for every possible timeframe... some earlier, some later.... the latest Adam quote was "sometime next year".....

Just enjoyed SOI on vinyl and loud on speakers.... great record... still... imho.

So .... time is irrelevant.... SOE will come.... that's more important to me than when it comes... and I have no expectations anymore whatsoever ... a very calming attitude I fought for.... the hyped and being disappointed for... nothing? phase is over....

SOI is a great record. It's so much better than anything they have done in 20 years.

they made assumptions for every possible timeframe... some earlier, some later.... the latest Adam quote was "sometime next year"...
I said "realistic if not optimistic" ;) I think it's clear I'm not counting on it. But whether true or not, it's the only point of reference we have. I choose to stay excited for whatever whenever :)

Time is irrelevant not linear

In the aftermath of the shitstorm dumpster fire we called an election, they're probably going to scrap the whole album and write one that's politically charged.

Everything sucks right now, so I'm ready to put money down on that one. What's one more dose of suckitude for the sucktastic 2016?

yeah, honestly, I can see them wanting to change/write at least one or two new songs as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom