SOE 14: The Morning after Meltdown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pandering? To all those dirty peaceniks?

I've heard a lot of criticism of the song, but this one is new.

Sonically it's one of their more interesting songs of the time, it just suffers from a lazy chorus.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yeah. Bono felt the need for an obligatory Political song. It's a far cry from BTBS musically and lyrically. Bullet is bold in its message where LAPOE or else is kinda blehhh, let's do a Middle East song but keep it milquetoast for the kids.

There are a couple sonically cool moments but overall it tries to do this swing type flow in the verses and the guitar is uninteresting. Not a very good rock song. Punk rock on a Starbucks in Altoona, PA.

Oh yeah. Bob hates it too.

I dislike Love And Peace Or Else on the album but thought it worked incredibly well live.

I also think those who think U2 will debut any sort of new song at someone else's show are nuts.

If... and that's a huge if... but if they do plan on debuting something new at a one off it is much more likely to be something like SNL, Fallon/Colbert/Kimmel... and not a Kygo show.

In all likelihood the rumor is bunk and we won't see jack until 2017 at the earliest.

To be fair, the rumour is only that there will be a 'performance' of the song within the next 2 weeks.

Maybe U2 will perform onstage with Kygo, release nothing, and disappear until 2017.

That would kind of be in keeping with this whole nonsensical, frustrating period!

provided that Waiting for the Miracle to Come gets its 2016 release, we're still due for at least one new U2 song this year - Where Shadows Fall.

Sure, Willie Nelson will be singing on it, but hey, I'm a big Slow Dancing fan; I'm down! :up:

I dislike Love And Peace Or Else on the album but thought it worked incredibly well live.

I also think those who think U2 will debut any sort of new song at someone else's show are nuts.

If... and that's a huge if... but if they do plan on debuting something new at a one off it is much more likely to be something like SNL, Fallon/Colbert/Kimmel... and not a Kygo show.

In all likelihood the rumor is bunk and we won't see jack until 2017 at the earliest.

I think you're dismissing U2start and someone like Matt a bit too quickly. There's some level of credibility here. I'm sure they have proper sources or they wouldn't say something like that. Now, as we all know, plans change so nothing is sure.

I certainly wouldn't put my money on a new song at dreamfest. But a one off gig or some sort of collaboration with Kygo is within the realms of possibility.

I think you're dismissing U2start and someone like Matt a bit too quickly. There's some level of credibility here. I'm sure they have proper sources or they wouldn't say something like that. Now, as we all know, plans change so nothing is sure.

I certainly wouldn't put my money on a new song at dreamfest. But a one off gig or some sort of collaboration with Kygo is within the realms of possibility.
It's not within the realm of possibility. It's silly to think that a machine as massive as U2 would blow off a huge promotional opportunity like iHeart only to perform it a few weeks later at as a guest at a DJ's show that has zero publicity around it.

I was on board with something around iHeart because it made sense. Everyone was wrong. This? This makes no sense.

And yea, I'm done latching on to rumors that one and only one person hear. I should have known better in the lead up to iHeart, but again, considering what the iHeart festival was, it made sense. But as I said... in the unlikely event that this rumor is true, the one off performance will be something where U2 are the stars... not where they're second fiddle to somebody else's show.

It's not within the realm of possibility. It's silly to think that a machine as massive as U2 would blow off a huge promotional opportunity like iHeart only to perform it a few weeks later at as a guest at a DJ's show that has zero publicity around it.

I was on board with something around iHeart because it made sense. Everyone was wrong. This? This makes no sense.

And yea, I'm done latching on to rumors that one and only one person hear. I should have known better in the lead up to iHeart, but again, considering what the iHeart festival was, it made sense. But as I said... in the unlikely event that this rumor is true, the one off performance will be something where U2 are the stars... not where they're second fiddle to somebody else's show.

I'm not expecting anything, but what raised my eyebrow was the timeline U2start gave. They said within the next two weeks, not the next few days. U2 could have something planned elsewhere that we don't know about.

We don't know what happened at iHeart, we don't know what was planned, and what was a spontaneous idea. And we don't know if TBT will ever be released, as a one off, as a collaboration "Kygo & U2" or "U2 remixed by Kygo", as part of SOE etc. A bit too many questionmarks to be so sure ;)

The U2 portion of the evening is supposed to start at 7pm pst. For some reason I thought 8pm.

I don't think they'll ever have a hit again. But who knows.

Yeah, let's be honest. The only "bands" that are having success right now are 21 Pilots, Imagine Dragons type stuff. Kinda rock, kinda not.

Any band older than 20 years is possibly getting some rock radio or alternative radio play like GreenDay, Foo's, RHCP's etc...
But U2 has never been as consistently welcome as those bands on alternative radio.

So I see no path to a future hit either...

They hit the stage 8pm pst tonight I believe.

Cheers

The U2 portion of the evening is supposed to start at 7pm pst. For some reason I thought 8pm.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

How come this thread is so quiet when there is a peformance tonight?

Sent from my SM-N910G using U2 Interference mobile app

we know the setlist right? I saw atu2 posted the tunes the rehearsed

Depends on how long they play, some are thinking they'll play hour 45, which means we'll get a few others.

But it's U2, and I haven't bothered looking at previous acts' setlists to see if that's an accurate take.

They did a private rehearsal yesterday - so it is entirely possible they are rehearsing other songs/surprises so they don't get out first

I couldn't be any less excited for tonight. IHeart killed me. We'll get nothing new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom