SOE 14: The Morning after Meltdown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
these guys were cool

MI0001340130.jpg

I really feel like since the SOI era began, he has seemed more pissed off and angry than usual. He's always been serious and a bit of a hard ass. But it's like now even the fun Larry we used to see occasionally doesn't come out at all.

Although there was that album cover, which may be the most out of character things he has done since he dressed in drag...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Not really. He smiled a lot during the i+e tour, on stage and off. He seemed unusually happy, at least on the European leg.

Maybe it's Resting Fuckoff Face

My take was that he wasn't a fan of all the production and drum machine additions around when they were promoting Invisible. Especially on Fallon, he looked like he felt slighted, and was pissed about not just being allowed to play the songs live like he'd have liked. Might have been his back too, as we saw changes to how the band approached the drums and drummer in their live setups afterwards, and after the delay. I can imagine Larry being behind an effort to jig things to be more 'live friendly' after all the heavily produced stuff was about to set sail.

Sent from my fingertips.

I really feel like since the SOI era began, he has seemed more pissed off and angry than usual. He's always been serious and a bit of a hard ass. But it's like now even the fun Larry we used to see occasionally doesn't come out at all.

Although there was that album cover, which may be the most out of character things he has done since he dressed in drag...

That's called botox

That was great, thanks for sharing. Adam seems like a real cool dude.

Ok, so SoE & tour is a definite for 2017.

SoA is expected to follow SoE.

I take that as positive news that they plan to continue for a while.

But, it's U2 and everything can and usually does change.

That was a great interview. Thanks for sharing. And good job by Fanning to push for answers on what we all want to know.

The troubling part for me is when Adam said this album is the end of a cycle and they'll be less intense in their work after this? Less intense than 3-5 years per album? Songs of Alzheimer's.

That was a great interview. Thanks for sharing. And good job by Fanning to push for answers on what we all want to know.

The troubling part for me is when Adam said this album is the end of a cycle and they'll be less intense in their work after this? Less intense than 3-5 years per album? Songs of Alzheimer's.

Or less intense about tinkering or finding the hit?

Those SoBs better hurry up and give me SoE and SoA... In the meantime I'll listen to SoI, and other SoU...2...

Awesome:thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using U2 Interference mobile app

I took it as taking their time w/ no pressure time constraints as well.

SoE - 2017
SoE tour 2018-2019
SoA - 2022 or more likely 2023:ohmy:

That would be 6 years between SoE and SoA

Reading between the lines I took it sort of as saying SOI and SOE are songs crafted to fit in with an overall album theme. So the intensity comes from trying to create good songs that will also fit within the narrative of the big picture . Where beyond that it is possibly more about crafting individual songs that will organically find album theme if any.

However, I do agree that it is also an attempt to have SOE be relevant. Anything beyond is about just creating. If I recall when they first mentioned SOA they were saying it was not meant to be radio friendly? So with Adam saying they will revisit it, could hint "less intensity" would mean not worrying about hits.

I took it as taking their time w/ no pressure time constraints as well.

SoE - 2017
SoE tour 2018-2019
SoA - 2022 or more likely 2023:ohmy:

That would be 6 years between SoE and SoA

Never 6 years after SOE to get SOA.... never.
SOE 2017
Tour 2017 and 2018
SOA 2020 or 21.... the album is suppose to be done.... ?

I've heard it from a solid source that that Larry has ebola. Might be a reason not to smile?

BTW, i've just listened to Green Day new album "Revolution Radio". It has leaked on the internet about 2 weeks before the release date.

And it's just WOW :) They recorded it with no pressure at all. Just played , composed and recorded songs by their own just because they liked those songs. The song are not overproduced, it's simple and you can really see they enjoyed doing it.

That's what i'd like U2 to do in the next few years. Release songs cause they like them ! :)

Last edited:
i
BTW, i've just listened to Green Day new album "Revolution Radio". It has leaked on the internet about 2 weeks before the release date.

And it's just WOW :) They recorded it with no pressure at all. Just played , composed and recorded songs by their own just because they liked those songs. The song are not overproduced, it's simple and you can really see they enjoyed doing it.

That's what i'd like U2 to do in the next few years. Release songs cause they like them ! :)

I have a feeling u2 never really "like" their songs if not they would release much quicker instead of tinkering and tinkering! So I don't see it in them to change. I think they will still tinker and take longer even after SOE and SOA are out.

My wildest dream is SOE March 2017 and SOA mid-tour, around August 2017. Then they can take another 3 years to do other things and come back in 2020.

What just happened?

Well, a 40-year-old band took the stage in front of a mostly young-ish audience in what was a gift-wrapped promotion opportunity, and proceeded to bang out a greatest hits set. No new songs, no The Best Thing. Not even a mention. Oh, except that before the set Bono told the DJ that new album will be out next year.....

Cue Interference meltdown, which truly did take place as the previous thread went nearly 500 posts overboard.

Dreamforce is coming up in October. Do we do it all over again, or are fans too jaded? Some have been divorcing U2, parting ways. They have been labelled a dinosaur act. I personally don't know what to think except that to the rest of the world this was a non-event. U2 played what they are famous for. And yes, to us die-hards it was a golden opportunity that they wasted, but as far as album delays go, did they actually say they would release it in 2016 and if not does releasing in 2017 qualify as a delay? Maybe no new music isn't a sign of them backing out, maybe they have a plan. Maybe this is SOA 2.

At any rate, let's keep the fire burning people. Precious little else to do than speculate and drive each other crazy.:reject::lol::sad:

What we know so far:

- In the week leading up to iHeart Bono told Charlie Rose they are trying to whittle down 16 songs to 10 or 12 to fit the album. Also said they would tour next year.

- A third-person rumour, which is increasingly being quoted as fact by some, has Dallas Schoo saying to fans outside the venue on the eve of the iHeart gig that U2 could not get it together to play new songs.

- The Best Thing was first heard as a beach clip and then a remixed version played by DJ Kygo at a performance, which was quickly taken down.

- Also, other DJs including DJ Khaleed have reportedly been given tracks to remix.

Have fun guys :applaud:

:drool: Meltdowns :drool:

I'm glad I didn't miss much while I was in Dublin, but yeah, can't say I didn't expect it. :wink: Can we get a highlight version of the last thread?

That was great, thanks for sharing. Adam seems like a real cool dude.

Ok, so SoE & tour is a definite for 2017.

SoA is expected to follow SoE.

I take that as positive news that they plan to continue for a while.

But, it's U2 and everything can and usually does change.

Well yeah. I assume if tour is on in 2017 there ought to be SOE that year too.

Interesting to hear stadiums for SOA...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom