So You Think You Can Dance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i wasn't surprised at all with who left. was definitely caitlin's time and just for a moment i thought that jason would be in trouble, but just for a moment. was really nice of them to secure those two spots on the tour though!

excited to see how next week plays out with the switching of the partners. it's going to be fuuun!!!

Jason's solo was very strong as was Ade's, and their dancing all along has been much better technically I would say, though Phillip was one of my faves too. I liked what Phillip said at the end. I might have teared up :shifty:

I agree - Ade's solo was phenomenal! I think his talents really haven't been showcased all that much up until now. I teared up at Phillip's speech too. He's a phenomenal dancer, and even though he's not as trained as the others, he's so entertaining to watch.

I just looked up the tour dates, and the closest they're coming to me is a city in WA that's about an hour and a half away from where I live. :hmm:

excited to see how next week plays out with the switching of the partners. it's going to be fuuun!!!

Yeah, that's going to be very interesting!

Jeanine & Jason were freakn' awesome tonight! :bow: :combust:

Omg, they were AMAZING!! :love: It was so awesome to see Travis choreographing them - he did a phenomenal job. Seriously - Jeanine FTW!! In the past I thought Jason should have gone home, but he really grew on me a lot this week.

Loved the African dance as well - that was crazy! Debbie Allen kicks all kinds of ass. Can she come and be my dance teacher, pls?!

I loved everything except the Paso Doble. Jason/Jeanine were incredible and Travis' choreography was so good. I hadn't noticed Jeanine at all until tonight, and she shot up the list of dancers in a big way for me. I also loved Brandon/Melissa, but then again I always love them. Tyce's choreography finally didn't suck.

While I like Evan, I think it's time for him to go home, although I fear for Kapuono as that Paso was pretty bad.

Women, well Randi might be going as she just didn't impress.

Lastly, I floved that Bollywood routine. I've started taking a Bollywood dance class and can appreciate just how hard it is. My class is pretty much beginners, no dance experience necessary, and it totally kicks my ass.

The Randi & Kapono pairing just did not work tonight :tsk:

I liked Jeanine & Jason's routine, and I still like Brandon as well. I think he may be the one to beat, at least of the male dancers...

and... they got sent home. Not really a surprise after that Paso Doble.
I was surprised Ade was in the bottom tonight :ohmy:

I forget who Jeanine is every week. Like, I have to go look up what she looks like. I think Melissa and Kayla dance circles around her. :shrug:

I wasn't surprised Kupono went home. I think Randi could have done much better if she had a different partner.

I missed the show last night, but I read a recap on EW, and sounds like I didn't miss much. The right people did leave. At this point it's hard, because everyone is so good.

Next week sounds like it will be amazing. I hope my VCR will work to tape those episodes, as I'll be away. : oldschooltechnology:

I decided not to watch it last night, and went online to see who got the boot. I am pleased iwth the results.

WOW. melissa and ade just delivered THE most impressive and powerful routine ever. any dance that can evoke such emotion from millions of viewers will always be remembered. wow. just wow. kudos to tyce.

I dont know I felt more emotion with the Lacey and Neil in the park routine than I did with this one. Melissa's facial expressions and lines are incredible - which you expect from a ballerina, and that really contributes to emotions of the piece, but for me it wasnt the greatest thing I've ever seen.

It'll be interesting to see who gets cut tonight...they are all very good in their own way.

I wonder if they will show Lacey & Neil's In the Park routine tonight. Was that the Mia Michaels routine about her father?

Edit: I just watched it.... that one was indeed really really beautiful. Travis & Heidi's Park Bench is up there as well....

dayum! what a good show this is!!!!

I liked the girl that went home...Jeanette? I thought the other dark haired girl...Jeannine? should have gone.....and Jason was the guy....I like Evan...but thought Jason should have stayed over him

that's the one

No idea who's going home tonight.

Maddy was just mentioning the Lacey & Neil routine, and yes, I think it was about Mia's father.
YouTube - Lacey and Neil Contemporany

yup that's the one...

was a little disappointed to see Jeanette go home...to me when I watch Kayla she is more of a poser....too many look pretty for the camera moments for me when she dances. Sad to see Jason go too, I still find Evan the weakest of them all...he has a great stage persona, but the skills are lacking to me.....oh well...on to next week where apart from Kayla I dont want to see anyone go home:sad:

Was Jeanette the Miami Latin dancer or the other dark-haired girl? I get those two confused. Alas.

No problem with Jason going - he was my least favorite overall of the guys.

Jeanette was indeed the Miami salsa dancer, the one with the cute haircut and all. I didn't think she deserved it, but I think all 4 of the girls are really good, so I couldn't decide who should go from the female contestants :shrug: Jeanine is the one who danced with Brandon on Wednesday, and has long hair.

I think Evan is past his prime - he should have gone home before Jason. I can't believe he wasn't even in the bottom :der:

ell-oh-ell. Nigel is bashing those who bash Katie Holmes.

“I’m trying to figure out why Katie is being judged as a dancer."

Um, maybe because she was dancing on a show whose sole focus is dancing?

I was kinda embarrassed for Katie Holmes. There was a lot of sauntering around and not too much dancing.

Anyway, I am shocked Evan wasn't in the bottom and Brandon was. I've been waiting for Jeanine to go home for weeks.

Katie Holmes was eh. They shouldn't have built it up that much. Compared to all the amazing dancing on the show it made her look mediocre...even if she wasn't there to be judged as a "dancer." It was also very obvious she was lip-syncing. Was that even performed in the studio? It was hard to tell. People clapped at the end, but it looked like it was taped off site.

Loved Rama lama. Wade is awesome.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom