So what's the opinion - Native Son or Vertigo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably wouldn't have sold at well, no, but from an artistic standpoint it is miles ahead of Vertigo. The album would be better with it rather than Vertigo.

Plus, if I was forced to, I'd rather hear Native Son two times :huh:

Eh. Neither's exactly the pinnacle of U2's craft.

inmyplace13 said:
Not everything can be Heartland, eh Axver? :wink:

I wouldn't object if it were. :wink:

How To Dismantle An Atomic Heartland

1. Heartland
2. Heartland (One Second Longer Mix)
3. Heartland (Another Second Longer Mix)
4. Heartland (We'll Make You Bastards Pay For Wanting More Seconds Mix)
5. Heartland (Fine, Another Second Mix)
6. Heartland (A Second Of Bonus Funky Sounds Mix)
7. Heartland (Two More Seconds For You Greedy Bastards Mix)
8. Heartland (This One's A Second Shorter Bwahahaha Mix)
9. Heartland (One Second Long Mix)
10. Seconds (Heartland Mix)
11. Heartland

:drool:

Vertigo for me.
Native Son had more potential, though.

Axver said:

That's my favorite right there!

It depends on my mood. If I feel like listening to a serious rock song, I prefer Native Son. But if I just wanna expend some energy and rock out to a silly elevation-like tune, I prefer Vertigo. Overall, if Native Son had been made album-ready and really heavy on the bass like vertigo is, I think I would prefer NS.

I have to agree with some of the posters. Vertigo is the better finished product, but Native Son had a lot of potential.

When I first heard Native Son, I felt it was nowhere near as good as Vertigo, but it's really grown on me.

Axver said:

:lmao:

Vertigo has a certain punch that Native Son doesn't have. However, Native Son is better lyrically, and the FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE part is AMAZING. It's hard for me to choose. I think I'm gonna have to go with Vertigo, but like others have said, I think Native Son had a lot of potential.

Native Son Tour 2005 would have sounded stupid though.

If U2 opened shows with Vertigo and ended with Native Son, would people complain?

AtomicBono said:

Cmon! That's all publicity. They could've named the album Solar or something and called it 'U2 Solar Tour 2005'. :wink:

I'd like to expand on my reasoning for picking Native Son:

the intro is better. The slow part in the middle is better where Bono sings "Don't wanna run away" instead of Vertigo's "I can't stand the beat, I'm asking for the cheque". I love the clapping durring The Edge's solo, the lyrics of Native Son are better and the FREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! is a million times better than "Just give me what I want and no one gets hurt". When I listen to Vertigo now and that line comes in instead of FREEEEEEE!!!!!!!! it ruins it.. Vertigo does have more punch to it but that's likely becasue it was recorded and mixed Properly. Honestly I think Native Son is much better.

AtomicBono said:

:lmao:

Vertigo has a certain punch that Native Son doesn't have. However, Native Son is better lyrically, and the FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE part is AMAZING. It's hard for me to choose. I think I'm gonna have to go with Vertigo, but like others have said, I think Native Son had a lot of potential.

If U2 opened shows with Vertigo and ended with Native Son, would people complain?

There's nothing left for me to write! :up:

Hallucination said:
I'd like to expand on my reasoning for picking Native Son:

the intro is better. The slow part in the middle is better where Bono sings "Don't wanna run away" instead of Vertigo's "I can't stand the beat, I'm asking for the cheque". I love the clapping durring The Edge's solo, the lyrics of Native Son are better and the FREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! is a million times better than "Just give me what I want and no one gets hurt". When I listen to Vertigo now and that line comes in instead of FREEEEEEE!!!!!!!! it ruins it.. Vertigo does have more punch to it but that's likely becasue it was recorded and mixed Properly. Honestly I think Native Son is much better.

Edge sings the 'don't run away' lines.

Vertigo.

But Vertigo would have been better with the "FREEEEE!" included.

I will send it soon as I get a chance, prisz25.

The chorus is a lot better in Native Son. I don't think anyone would complain about Native Son and Vertigo both being played. It'd be like an encore, but with different lyrics.

native son

no espanol makes native son mas bueno

the "hola's" and "donde esta's" and spanish countdown in vertigo is just kind of silly and stupid

not to mention "turn it up, captain" :|

Last edited:
Chizip said:
native son

no espanol makes native son mas bueno

the "hola's" and "donde esta's" and spanish countdown in vertigo is just kind of silly and stupid

not to mention "turn it up, captain" :|

And the 'oh yeah, checkmated, hours of fun'

I prefer Vertigo, even though Edge sings in Native Son :wink: :drool:

Axver said:

I wouldn't object if it were. :wink:

How To Dismantle An Atomic Heartland

1. Heartland
2. Heartland (One Second Longer Mix)
3. Heartland (Another Second Longer Mix)
4. Heartland (We'll Make You Bastards Pay For Wanting More Seconds Mix)
5. Heartland (Fine, Another Second Mix)
6. Heartland (A Second Of Bonus Funky Sounds Mix)
7. Heartland (Two More Seconds For You Greedy Bastards Mix)
10. Seconds (Heartland Mix)
11. Heartland

:drool:

Heartland = worst U2 song ever! :mad:

:wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom