So sad to post this-but Bono's Dad is "in the arms of the angels" now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Me again. Just to say I'm gonna fall asleep tonight listening to the unforgettable fire. That's all.
smile.gif
Nighty-night. Peace and love for everyone.

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

I started crying when I read the Kite lyrics..
frown.gif
Even though he was very sick, I still can't seem to believe he passed away. The news always comes out of no where doesn't it? Like Mad1, I'm also glad he's with his wife now.
I know God will be with Bono, especially in his roughest times ...

[This message has been edited by littleheartsuitcase (edited 08-21-2001).]

Sleep
Sleep tonight
And may your dreams
Be realized
If the thunder cloud
Passes rain
So let it rain
Rain down on him
So let it be
So let it be

Sleep
Sleep tonight
And may your dreams
Be realized
If the thundercloud
Passes rain
So let it rain
Let it rain
Rain on him

Sunrazor, I just wanted to say that Dante's Prayer by Lorenna McKennit has been (outside of a U2 song) one of the most emotional/spiritual/moving songs I've heard in my life. A very fitting tribute. Thank you for posting it.

frown.gif

...we get to carry each other...

-sula

There we go. Last night I made sure I stayed awake to listen to the whole UF Cd. Then after MLK finished I could sleep. I have a new ritual**

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"You give me something to sleep to at night" ~Michelle Branch~

You know,
I have read every single post on the petition because I am helping Sula monitor them and I thought they were touching but it didn't really get to me. I heard Mr. Hewson died and I felt sad for Bono but that didn't really upset me a lot. I read about how some people have cried and I thought that that is sweet but I didn't get it. But then I heard that Bono couldn't finish WOWY, and I just started crying and then I read the lyrics to MLK and that just made it worse. If I feel like this for someone I have never met who is on the other side of the world I can't imagine how Bono feels right now. I have no right to grieve, and the harsh, cynical side of me is accusing myself of indulging in voyerism, but I can't deny it. That Bono couldn't finish that song got to me. It got to me in the way that hearing about war victims in Kosvo got to me. It's just a sad thing that I wish I could have helped.
This song has been running through my head the whole time, and I don't know how it is appropriate but in my head it is somehow.
"When the night has come
and the land is dark
and the moon is the only light we see
No I won't be afraid
no I won't be afaid
just as long as you stand
stand by me. ...
If the sky we look upon
should crumble and fall
or the mountains should tumble
into the sea
I won't cry