So I must be the only person with no life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Thanx Sicy! The kitten should be grown and used to the house by the time the windows open again. LOL I live in Michigan and it is currently FREEZING with wind gusts like 50mph and snow fluries so we won't have to worry about windows until June.

You're very welcome! You can ask me any kinds of questions about cats you like.. I can answer most of them :catnerd:

Another thing that could work, what I do even though I have screens, I worry that the cats could push them out so I have the windows open just a crack, and I have window locks so that they are open just far enough to get enough air, but not far enough so that the cats cant stick their little heads through them and push them open.

Also, it could help if there isnt any tall furniture around the windows so that they cant jump up to get to the windows. It may require a little furniture re-arranging but is good in the long run :)

yeah, well, IF we get the rescued silo kitten, this is her:

kitten.JPG

kitten2.JPG

Awww :cute:

I need to e-mail Prof. Wells and ask if the kitty was fixed today. He must really like cats. He's getting it fixed and offered to pay us $50 incase he can't get an appointment for shots.

OK, I'm even closer to positive about the kitty! We decided that everyone would chip in, but since Janson's future is unknown, I was nominated primary care-giver, meaning I'm responsible for making sure that someone is always around to feed and clean the litter. And in a few years when everyone begins to scatter, the kitty becomes mine! :hyper:

So, which is easiest to keep, a boy cat or girl? It would be the only cat, indoors, fixed, with claws intact. We have a choice.

erised, I'm so sorry about your friends kitty :(

So, which is easiest to keep, a boy cat or girl? It would be the only cat, indoors, fixed, with claws intact. We have a choice.

I like to hear this.. good for you.

I would say boys tend to be more affectionate and playful. Almost all of the girl cats I've had have been kinda snobby :lol: However it does depend on the cat in most cases.

Boys might spray, but if its getting fixed it will almost completely eliminate that problem.

Sicy said:

I would say boys tend to be more affectionate and playful. Almost all of the girl cats I've had have been kinda snobby :lol: However it does depend on the cat in most cases.

Boys might spray, but if its getting fixed it will almost completely eliminate that problem.

One other thing, would it matter that this kitty with be living with six guys? Like, would a boy cat be better with boys, or a girl cat?

My only comment would be, boys are at a risk of having urinary blockage aka 'getting blocked' (rarely see in females). But yeah, I think overall, boys tend to be more affectionate, although my female is the most talkative, lovey-dovey, kissy cat I've ever met, you never know :shrug:

this kitty with be living with six guys?

:eek: lol!

Well.. my male cat saki LOVES my fiancee. Even better than he likes me :mad:

Females can get urinary tract infections too but when they do it isnt as bad as when males get them. I just keep a real close eye on how often my two use the litterbox.

Zoey pics :cute:

Silo kitty looks just like my Song :sad:

It's been my experience that male cats are generally more loving and purry, but I have a female now who's just as loving. So I guess it just depends on the individual. I don't think it matters if the cat is a guy or girl if it's living with guys as long as they love it and it loves them. I'll just be so happy if one of those kitties gets a home. :)

Sicy I LOVE your new avatar! :cute:

Here's some smilies I found, I can't seperate them but if you can, there's one of a smilie petting a gray kitty!

Attachments

• smiley120x600_zsxdm193.gif
    smiley120x600_zsxdm193.gif
    16 KB · Views: 53
Thank you thank you! That would be the work of Phuzzie :happy: She's awesome.

Yes I have the gray kitty petting :laugh:

petzoey.gif

:cute:

When I adopted my Bellie from the animal shelter almost 3 years ago, they told me she was about 6 years old, so I've been figuring that's she's probably about 8 going on 9 years old now.

Well, I just took Bellie to her new vet yesterday (the one that lives near me that I took Mooch to for a second opinion, the one that put Mooch to sleep for me) to establish her as a patient there... and she told me Belle is actually more like 12-15 years old! :eek: She said she could tell by her eyes. She also said whoever declawed her didn't do a very good job at all and Belle actually has some regrowth. She said the regrowth may regrow into her skin and be painful. :sad: So she said to keep an eye on her in case I notice any limping in the future. She also is doing a full "senior" workup on her to see if she has any problems that are common in older kitties.

I'm just so in awe at how much I learned about my Bellie from her. I can't believe my other vet never noticed this stuff and never informed me about it. :mad: I'm so happy I'm taking Bellie to the new one now. :yes:

So wish me luck with Bellie's test. I don't mind that she's actually older than I thought... I love kitties of all ages, but I guess I'm just nervous that it may not be long until she has problems. I hope later than sooner... it's too soon after Mooch to be dealing with any bad news about Belle. :sigh:

omg! :tsk: :( That's is just horrible. I am so glad you have found a better vet.

Declawing just makes me SICK.. its such a horrible thing to do to a cat. I hope Belle will be ok and I will send some positive vibes that her blood work comes back ok :hug:

I hate declawing too. Too many people compare it to cutting a person's fingernails, but actually it's more like amputating the last joint of your finger, nail and all. It is crippling and handicaps the cat not only in a self defense way, but in other ways too. Cats use their claws the way we use our fingers, for holding onto things and grabbing hold of something when you're falling, even holding a piece of food up to their mouths sometimes. It's cruel to declaw:(

Erised, I hope your Belle does well on her 'Senior' check-up. It makes all the difference in the world to find the right doctor for your babies - whether they be human or animal.

erised said:
When I adopted my Bellie from the animal shelter almost 3 years ago, they told me she was about 6 years old, so I've been figuring that's she's probably about 8 going on 9 years old now.

Well, I just took Bellie to her new vet yesterday (the one that lives near me that I took Mooch to for a second opinion, the one that put Mooch to sleep for me) to establish her as a patient there... and she told me Belle is actually more like 12-15 years old! :eek: She said she could tell by her eyes. She also said whoever declawed her didn't do a very good job at all and Belle actually has some regrowth. She said the regrowth may regrow into her skin and be painful. :sad: So she said to keep an eye on her in case I notice any limping in the future. She also is doing a full "senior" workup on her to see if she has any problems that are common in older kitties.

I'm just so in awe at how much I learned about my Bellie from her. I can't believe my other vet never noticed this stuff and never informed me about it. :mad: I'm so happy I'm taking Bellie to the new one now. :yes:

So wish me luck with Bellie's test. I don't mind that she's actually older than I thought... I love kitties of all ages, but I guess I'm just nervous that it may not be long until she has problems. I hope later than sooner... it's too soon after Mooch to be dealing with any bad news about Belle. :sigh:

Actually, some cats can live quite a long time. My father had a siamese, Koko, that lived to be 21 before it had to be put to sleep because of cancer. He got the cat while he was still a kid, and it lived till a few years after my sister and I were born!

It sounds like your in good hands with this vet :up: :hug: Belle :hug:

:wave: Just an update on Bellie.

The vet said her results were generally good. Her BUN was elevated yet her creatinine level wasn't. And she said the creatinine is the kidney specific one, so she said Belle *may* or may not be in the very early stages of kidney disease but she recommended watching her to see if she shows any of the other symptoms and then have her retested next year. I don't know what the BUN level was cuz the vet left a voicemail and she didn't disclose that.

So, it appears she's fine for now. I'm going to try to get her eat some of the senior specific food, but she's a VERY fussy eater, so I don't know how that will go.

She may be an old kitty, but she sure doesn't act like it sometimes! :lol:

Thanks for all your well wishes, everyone :hug:

338%3C576323232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2328%3D9%3A9%3D726%3Dxroqdf%3E23233929%3B87%3A6ot1lsi

Belle :love:

Gosh erised, I hope you dont have to go through that kidney disease again any time soon :(

Enjoy every day with her and love her to bits.. I know you do :cute: :hug:

OK, another kitty update:

I found an even BETTER deal. The lab here has cats ready for adoption. They come fixed, with shots, and declawed upon request. So as of now, I'm going in next Wed. morning to pick one out!!! :hyper:

So, do house-cats need all the claws out or just the front ones? I'm thinking I'll have at least the front done since it's free and saves me the trouble of teaching the cat where to scratch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom