So I must be the only person with no life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys. erised its Clavamox :yell: It's horrible stuff. She had diarrhea the first day then Monday night she vomited, and then she lost her appetite :sad:

The vet told me today to take her off of it :sigh: So I didnt give her her dose tonite and she actually ate some dry food. Her lymph node is still swollen but not as bad as a week ago. I might have to put her on a different med :(

Thanks for the hugs everyone :hug:

zoeyfurball.jpg

Clavamox has worked miracles for my cats. It even dissolves abcesses. I once used one bottle to turn 4 sickly, dying kittens into lively, healthy ones. There is the runs, but that goes away. (sorry for being gross.)

Still, every cat, like every human is different and responds in their own way to medicines. Some work well for one and not another. I'm sure they'll find one that works for her and she'll be all better soon :hug:

Thanks.. yeah I know some people do have wonderful results with it. Poor Zoey just couldnt handle it I guess. She took it for 7 days and it did help her problem but I will have to talk to the vet and see what she recommends now.

Oh, if she was on it for 7 days and it didn't do any good it is time to get rid of it! I've had that happen with me before, not only with cats, but me too. The doctors made me suffer a week with an antiboitic that made me sicker and did no good before they'd try another one :sigh: Good luck with her next medicine :hug:

Last edited:
Well it did do good in the sense that her lymph node swelling has gone down.. but the medication itself is what made her sick, not the lymph node. That's what sucks :(

I just spoke to my vet again to update her on Zoey. Zoey is eating again yay. Not as much as normal but much more than the last couple days.. so stopping the Clavamox has helped her to feel better.

I told the vet that her lymph node feels about 75 - 80% smaller than a week ago and she was happy to hear that. She sais that sometimes the infection part could be gone by now and it could just taper off on its own. I'm crossing my fingers on that.. positive vibes please!!

If it gets bigger again I will have to put her on a different med.. clyndimiacin which is her second choice. Her third choice is Baytril and supposably doesnt effect the eating as much but Baytril scares me.

I really like this vet. She is very thorough and very helpful. Both of the vets that I've seen there are.

Maybe she's allergic to penicillin and she needs one of those 'icin' types, that happens with people too, and vice versa.

~~Positive vibes~~~

I'm glad to hear that she's feeling a little better :hug:

Kinda off topic, but my sister had a swollen lymph node in her neck and the doctor put her on antibiotics too :huh: The back of her neck just started hurting and it wouldn't go away. I didn't even know you had lymph nodes in the back of your neck :shrug:

Last edited:
It's weird how that works. My siblings are allergic to it too, and swelled up as babies when they gave it to them! They have to take the 'icin' ones. But I'm the opposite, pencillin works good for me but the 'icin' ones swell me up! :shrug: Zoey must be a penicillin sweller. She'll be fine now :)

Kelly its actually not off topic. Humans as well as animals have lymph nodes in our necks, armpits, legs.. places you wouldnt even know :huh:

My neighbor told me when she was younger her lymph nodes swelled up and she was on antibiotics and actually the nodes never returned to normal size .. :uhoh:

And with Zoey its only one node... most likely due to the fact that Saki bit her in that area and it became inflammed.

Saki :yell: the little rascal.

kellyahern said:
Kinda off topic, but my sister had a swollen lymph node in her neck and the doctor put her on antibiotics too :huh: The back of her neck just started hurting and it wouldn't go away. I didn't even know you had lymph nodes in the back of your neck :shrug:

Yep, I believe there are lymph nodes from your chest to the top of your head. I had two big swollen lumps, one behind my ear and the other on my head, and it was from a lymph infection. I had to drain them both (don't ask....) and take antibiotics for a few weeks. For some reason the ones under my chin ALWAYS swell painfully when I have a canker sore in my mouth.

:hyper: I might be getting a kitty!!!! Well, it won't actually be mine - my boyfriend's housemate is probably getting one, but I sleep there 3-4 nights a week so it will be like mine!!! I will take care of it over Christmas break.

A Prof. at our college rescued 3 kittens from a silo and is giving two away. They're darling tabby/white and 4 months old.

Two questions:

1) The windows at my boyfriend's house don't have screens, would a kitty try to get out a second or third floor window? (The downstairs ones are never opened)

2) How do you introduce a kitty to the new house? Show it the litter and let it go? or keep it in one room for a while?

Last edited:
That was so nice of him to rescue those kitties and I'm so glad they're all getting homes! :hyper:

Cats like to dig and bury when they go to the bathroom, so once you show him the litter pan he'll probably keep using it. Since they were found outside it might take longer but I think they'll do fine. I would worry about the third floor window with no screen though :yikes:

I'm sure they can already use the litter box, they're 4 months old and he's been keeping them inside without trouble. They're getting fixed on Friday.

Aluminum foil on the windowsills then.....or maybe Janson will keep it downstairs since Brad is suposedly allergic, muahahaha

Cool, sounds like things are going to work out! :) Yeah keeping the kitty downstairs is the perfect solution!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
:hyper: I might be getting a kitty!!!! Well, it won't actually be mine - my boyfriend's housemate is probably getting one, but I sleep there 3-4 nights a week so it will be like mine!!! I will take care of it over Christmas break.

A Prof. at our college rescued 3 kittens from a silo and is giving two away. They're darling tabby/white and 4 months old.

Two questions:

1) The windows at my boyfriend's house don't have screens, would a kitty try to get out a second or third floor window? (The downstairs ones are never opened)

2) How do you introduce a kitty to the new house? Show it the litter and let it go? or keep it in one room for a while?

Oh congrats!! How sweet! :applaud:

My suggestions

1) Yes, open windows are dangerous, especially on the 2nd and 3rd floors and especially with such a young kitten. Kittens are curious, and I have read too many stories of cats falling to their death from balconies and open windows :(

Maybe you can buy some chicken wire or mesh to put in the open window if your boyfriend doesnt have the screens still.

2.) I would put kitty in a small room for a couple days at least, with a litterbox and food and water. It's easier on them if they get used to one room first, then slowly let kitty out to explore the other parts of the house.

Here is a link on introducing a cat to your home and some basic cat care:

http://www.kittenrescue.org/welcomehome.htm

Good luck! :D

Thanx Sicy! The kitten should be grown and used to the house by the time the windows open again. LOL I live in Michigan and it is currently FREEZING with wind gusts like 50mph and snow fluries so we won't have to worry about windows until June.

Back
Top Bottom