Single Greatest Line Of Any U2 Song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And a woman needs a man, like a fish needs a bicycle - Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World

New York, like a Christmas tree, the night, the city belongs to me - Angel of Harlem

Midnight, our sons and daughters, were cut down and taken from us. Hear their heartbeats, we hear their heartbeats - Mothers of the Disappeared :drool:

Baby's got blue skies up ahead, but in this I'm a rain cloud. You know she likes a dry kind of love. - Sweetest Thing

Dream Out Loud - Acrobat
Don't Let the Bastards Grind You Down - Acrobat

I want to run, I want to hide. I want to tear down the walls that hold me inside. I want to reach out....and touch the flame. Where the streets have no name!

It's no secret at all - The Fly

"I listen through your ears, and through your eyes I can see"

It's ironic because I hate Stuck In A Moment, the song itself.:huh:

When I was all messed up and I heard opera in my head
Your love was a lightbulb hanging over my bed - Ultraviolet

Freedom has a scent, like the top of a newborn baby's head - Miracle Drug

But then again Miracle Drug has a lot of good lines:

I want to see your thoughts take shape, and walk right out!

The songs are in your eyes, I see them when you smile.

UV & Miracle Drug :heart:

"One day you will look... back
And you'll see... where
You were held... how
By this love... while
You could stand there
You could move on this moment
Follow this feeling
" (Mysterious Ways)

Funny how we lose sight of some songs, just to completely rediscover them a couple months later :cute:

"The soul and its striptease
Hate brought to its knees
The sky over our head
We can reach it from our bed
You let me in your heart
And out of my head, head"
(Window In The Skies)

Such a joyful song!:love:

Brilliant. As always. It's a good topic for an essay :hmm:

Yes! That whole dying/rebirth topic which Bono has touched upon is very interesting but oh so complicated!
"Every day I,
die again and again and reborn "
(Breathe)

I guess it means that you can always start over, you don't have to always carry the same bucketload of issues/problems. Every morning is a new day, full of possibilities and second chances, I guess :hmm:

Not really a line from any particular U2 song. But I've always been touched whenever Bono said:

"Let's not become the monster in order to beat the monster."

He said that many times during the Vertigo Tour after the London bombings.

You know why I like that quote from Bono?

Because he was speaking the truth.:heart:

Can't remember if I've already posted this, but oh well, it's still gorgeous!:heart:

“Every sailor knows that the sea
Is a friend made enemy
Every shipwrecked soul
Knows what it is
To live without intimacy
I thought I heard the master’s voice
It’s hard to listen while you preach”
(Every Breaking Wave)

"Sing yourself to overcome
The thought that someone has lost
And someone else has won"
(Soon)

"And music is a sacrament" (Glastonbury)

"You hope, you pray
That those clouds leave the sky alone
‘Cause there’s only one light that can guide you
Guide you home"
(North Star)

Do tell where you've read that?! :ohmy:
Bono & Books :love:
Leave me a mess, so not to derail this thread:lol:

There was an interview with Ali (from 4-5 years back) where she mentions something along the lines of him being like a sponge, and being able to read 5 books in a week, but never noticing how messy a room may be.
And in a radio interview from this year (while on tour) he also mentions couple of books he had with him on tour (at the time).

He most def. reads a lot....

There was an interview with Ali (from 4-5 years back) where she mentions something along the lines of him being like a sponge, and being able to read 5 books in a week, but never noticing how messy a room may be.
And in a radio interview from this year (while on tour) he also mentions couple of books he had with him on tour (at the time).

He most def. reads a lot....

Thanks for the precision!
Now I must find that radio interview:hyper:

In dreams begin responsibilities,
And I can love, and I can love,
And I know that the tide is turning 'round,
So don't let the bastards grind you down

tis somewhat of a mantra for moi :heart:

:faint::faint::faint::faint::faint: Acrobat :faint::faint::faint::faint::faint:
Every single line of this song is pure poetry :heart:

In dreams begin responsibilities,
And I can love, and I can love,
And I know that the tide is turning 'round,
So don't let the bastards grind you down

tis somewhat of a mantra for moi :heart:

:heart:That's my favourite part of my favourite song. Though it took me years to figure out that it was "responsibilities".

It's really a shame you're not a boy. You'd be pretty perfect for me. :flirt:

One of my top favorites is

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a striptease

That, to me, is a U2 fan's perfect description of being a...well...U2 fan. Whenever I listen to their music, especially really loud, it's really like running down a road, with no limits to the world, while the band in your head plays a striptease. And I don't think of 'striptease' as a sexual remark in this case. I think of it as, especially when I'm discovering a new song, that this band is flaunting themselves in my ears, singing, "who knows what's going to happen next" and it just THRILLS me. Much like getting a striptease, your waiting for that crescendo to happen.

Did this make any sense? LOL!

One of my top favorites is

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a striptease

That, to me, is a U2 fan's perfect description of being a...well...U2 fan. Whenever I listen to their music, especially really loud, it's really like running down a road, with no limits to the world, while the band in your head plays a striptease. And I don't think of 'striptease' as a sexual remark in this case. I think of it as, especially when I'm discovering a new song, that this band is flaunting themselves in my ears, singing, "who knows what's going to happen next" and it just THRILLS me. Much like getting a striptease, your waiting for that crescendo to happen.

Did this make any sense? LOL!

ABSOLUTELY!:applaud:

You've put into words Jess what that line means to me and to many others, I'm sure! Indeed, Bono didn't mean "striptease" in the literal sense (unfortunately:lol:) but rather he meant: "My definition of art started with: you put your hands under your skin, you break your breastbone, you rip open your ribcage. If you really want to write, that’s what you ought to do. Are you ready to do that? Or is rock ‘n’ roll for you just a pair of shoes and a haircut, or a certain sour existentialism or a certain sweet decay? That is one of my first definitions of art. Blood."

That's ultimately what great music is all about:heart:
It's all about stripping your soul for the world to hear/to see!

Time is a train, makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass (Zoo Station)

Jesus, Jesus help me
I'm alone in this world
And a f***** up world it is too (Wake Up Dead Man)

Who's to say where the wind will take you
Who's to say what it is will break you
I don't know which way the wind will blow
Who's to know when the time has come around
Don't wanna see you cry
I know this is not goodbye (Kite)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom