Shuttlecock!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Front page of today's Boston Herald:

front_9152014.jpg

The new mayor travelling to Ireland, plans to pitch U2 playing at Fenway to nobody in particular while there.

Marty Walsh goes to bat to get U2 to Fenway Park | Boston Herald

Sounds like he's very in the loop... "was hoping there was a U2 concert there", cause you know, Ireland and all.
Typical poilitician.

:lol:

Walsh is a 2nd generation Irish immigrant, he should try to embarrass himself a little less when it comes to Ireland.

Also, never in a million years would U2 play Fenway, nor should they.

Definitive ranking for this album, you're welcome:

1. Reach Me
2. The Troubles
3. Sleep Like a Baby
4. Cedarwood Road
5. Every Breaking Wave
6. Volcano
7. California
8. The Miracle
9. Iris
10. Raised by Wolves
47. Song for Someone

Definitive ranking for this album, you're welcome:

1. Reach Me
2. The Troubles
3. Sleep Like a Baby
4. Cedarwood Road
5. Every Breaking Wave
6. Volcano
7. California
8. The Miracle
9. Iris
10. Raised by Wolves
47. Song for Someone
You have Song for Someone too high. 78 is more like it.

Yep. Replace Song for Someone by Invisible and that's suddenly a much better album.

I think I like Miracle more than most here (except for its silly parenthetical title). One of the two best songs in the first half, in my opinion.

You have Song for Someone too high. 78 is more like it.
You're probably right. I was trying to be too polite, I guess.
Yep. Replace Song for Someone by Invisible and that's suddenly a much better album.

I think I like Miracle more than most here (except for its silly parenthetical title). One of the two best songs in the first half, in my opinion.
Invisible being off is a shame, it's a good song and would be a good fit.

And yeah, I don't mind it. Not a fantastic lead single but it's not a bad song. Honestly the worst part about it by far is the parenthetical title.
MARRY ME.

My exact order, though your low-ranked Wolves follows closely in my #4.
I don't dislike Wolves, just not a huge fan of it.

The whoa-oh's disagree.
I don't share everyone's issue with woah-oh's in general. The only time they've employed them that I really didn't like it was the overuse during the live version of Moment of Surrender, but that song's kind of overrated anyway so I didn't really care that much.

Yeah, "This Is Where You Can Reach Around" has inched its way to the top for me too. The Edge's main guitar riff during the chorus is so good. :drool:

Apparently it's really difficult to get it to be deleted for good, if the bajillion complaints are to be believed.

I haven't listened to any of it since Friday afternoon. I'm curious to see if my opinions about any of the songs have changed by the time I get around to listening to it again. I'm sure I'll pop it on in the next day or two.

Iris is the song that keeps falling in my ratings. It's pleasant enough, but the music is too uplifting for the subject matter, and this bothers me.

I guess so far I'd say:

The Troubles
Reach Around (the intro is wonderful)
Cedarwood Road
Sleep Like a Baby
Raised by Wolves
The Miracle
EBW
Volcano
California
Iris
Song for Someone

:rockon:

Big jump for me is California. Def #3 now behind Reach Around and The Troubles.

Agreed about California. I gave it some crap when the album first came out, but it just has such a great vibe to it and I love Edge's guitar solo!

Ladies and gentlemen, the first lyric transcription from Sons Of Incest, a harrowing tale of Lance's Mom facing an unwanted pregnancy, and a reminder of the chilling fate that Lance narrowly escaped:

SUCK OUT A BABY TONIGHT

Morning, your douche, wash bedsheet linen
EPT results they have you spinnin’
Go through the day with further sinnin’
Why don’t you
You dress in the colors of a harlot
Discount your vag like a used car lot
Throw yourself down the brothel stairs

They’re gonna suck out a baby tonight
Two hundred fifty gonna make it alright
Tomorrow dawns like a paid-for feticide
they’re gonna suck out a baby tonight

Whoring
It’s a dirty business, whoring
When the sex act becomes so boring
When the ob/gyn is exploring

He’s gonna suck out a baby tonight
Fetal screams stepping into the light
He’s gonna suck out a baby tonight

Hope is where the dumpster is
Where the church strictly forbids
The hanger used to cause so much pain

Two hundred fifty gonna make it alright
they’re gonna suck out a baby tonight
Like a bird, an unknown father takes flight
A conception you know you must smite

I'd rank the songs so far as:

1. California
2. Sleep
3. Reach Me Now
4. Volcano
5. Raised By Wolves
6. Iris
7. The Troubles
8. Every Breaking Wave
9. Cedarwood Road
10. The Miracle
11. Song For Someone

I still don't dislike anything here so I feel bad rankling the stuff from about 7 on as lowly as I do. The Troubles would be higher if the ending breathed like Sleep.

1. The Troubles
2. Sleep Like a Baby
3. Cedarwood Road
4. The Miracle
5. This Is Where You Can Reach Me

...the rest are indistinguishable in quality for me right now.

Sleep Like a Baby
The Troubles
This is Where You Can...
California
Every Breaking Wave
Volcano
Raised by Wolves
Cedarwood Road
Song for Someone
Iris
The Miracle

There's an exasperating argument going on over in The Other Place, because some buffoon has suggested that the reason The Troubles fades out so quickly is because it's not the actual end of the album. Apparently the bonus tracks coming with the official release are meant to be the real last songs.

:doh:

There's an exasperating argument going on over in The Other Place, because some buffoon has suggested that the reason The Troubles fades out so quickly is because it's not the actual end of the album. Apparently the bonus tracks coming with the official release are meant to be the real last songs.

Acoustic version of Miracle is obviously the album closer.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I actually assume that The Troubles is going to flow nicely into SOE, because I am optimistic as fuck.

Reading through that made me genuinely lol. Amazing how much people will dig in their heels after making a fallacious argument. Almost makes you wonder if the poster is a redhill alter.

Back
Top Bottom