Shuttlecock XXVII: To Returned Cocks We Run!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i will say that the funniest answer to any question tonight was the following, and keep in mind that it was a gay bar.

Q: Into what body of water did the Exxon Valdez spill out all it's oil?

A: The Prince Albert Sound.

(real answer: prince william sound)

I know WAY too much about U2. I probably could have answered the singles and order of release for every album (aside from Boy, which blurs with the pre-album singles).

I know WAY too much about U2. I probably could have answered the singles and order of release for every album (aside from Boy, which blurs with the pre-album singles).

people were all like, "isn't it Pride?" and i was all like, "no, fucktards!" and then i showed them the pictures i took on my BB from the Charlottesville show where i was 4 deep from the rail on Adam's side and i have semi-coherent and pretty close shots of Larry and Edge
during the remix of IGCIIDGCT
, and they all backed the fuck off and were like, "ok, Irvine, it's clear you can be trusted on this topic."

I'm gonna see if I can do this off the top of my head:

Pre-Albums: Out of Control (aka: "U23 EP"), Another Day, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Boy: A Day Without Me, I Will Follow
October: Fire, Gloria
War: New Year's Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday (not in UK), Two Hearts Beat as One
The Unforgettable Fire: Pride (In the Name of Love), The Unforgettable Fire
The Joshua Tree: With or Without You, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Where the Streets Have No Name, In God's Country (US)/One Tree Hill (NZ)
Rattle and Hum: Desire, When Love Comes to Town, Angel of Harlem, All I Want Is You
Achtung Baby: The Fly, Mysterious Ways, One, Even Better Than the Real Thing, Who's Gonna Ride Your While Horses
Zooropa: Numb, Lemon, Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
Pop: Discothéque, Staring at the Sun, Last Night on Earth, If God Will Send His Angels, Please, Mofo
ATYCLB: Beautiful Day, Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of, Elevation, Walk On
HTDAAB: Vertigo, All Because of You, Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own, City of Blinding Lights, Original of the Species
NLOTH: Get on Your Boots, Magnificent, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight

I kind of hope I'm wrong about something.

I'm gonna see if I can do this off the top of my head:

Pre-Albums: Out of Control (aka: "U23 EP"), Another Day, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Boy: A Day Without Me, I Will Follow
October: Fire, Gloria
War: New Year's Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday (not in UK), Two Hearts Beat as One
The Unforgettable Fire: Pride (In the Name of Love), The Unforgettable Fire
The Joshua Tree: With or Without You, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Where the Streets Have No Name, In God's Country (US)/One Tree Hill (NZ)
Rattle and Hum: Desire, When Love Comes to Town, Angel of Harlem, All I Want Is You
Achtung Baby: The Fly, Mysterious Ways, One, Even Better Than the Real Thing, Who's Gonna Ride Your While Horses
Zooropa: Numb, Lemon, Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
Pop: Discothéque, Staring at the Sun, Last Night on Earth, If God Will Send His Angels, Please, Mofo
ATYCLB: Beautiful Day, Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of, Elevation, Walk On
HTDAAB: Vertigo, All Because of You, Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own, City of Blinding Lights, Original of the Species
NLOTH: Get on Your Boots, Magnificent, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight

I kind of hope I'm wrong about something.

"40" was a single in Germany, if I'm not mistaken. "Hands," "Electrical Storm" were, too. And "Miss Sarajevo" is conditional on whether or not you consider it a 'Cock release.

Well done though. I'm the same way with directors' filmographies.

"40" was a single in Germany, if I'm not mistaken. "Hands," "Electrical Storm" were, too. And "Miss Sarajevo" is conditional on whether or not you consider it a 'Cock release.

Well done though. I'm the same way with directors' filmographies.
sweetest thing would also have been around pop then.

fucking song.

sweetest thing would also have been around pop then.

fucking song.

Totally forgot about that one.

u2+%5Bthe_sweetest_thing%5D+1998+2-55+vault_tv+clear.jpg

"I want to look like a douchey Elvis Costello."

but the few voices of sanity shouldn't be driven out by the fucking lunatics

at least bookmark ooc and post in this thread...and should you suffer from any mental retardation, any game threads as well!

lol. i'll think about it. it's probably best that i stay away altogether though. maybe over time, i'll be able to come in and say hi and post with all of you good folks in this thread.

people were all like, "isn't it Pride?" and i was all like, "no, fucktards!" and then i showed them the pictures i took on my BB from the Charlottesville show where i was 4 deep from the rail on Adam's side and i have semi-coherent and pretty close shots of Larry and Edge
during the remix of IGCIIDGCT
, and they all backed the fuck off and were like, "ok, Irvine, it's clear you can be trusted on this topic."

Way to throw down, Irvine. :hi5:

so i'm going to try to make Julia Child's Beef Bourguignon recipe today.

because i love having a down week, and i can't think of anything better to do.

I was mostly focused on the albums, and only did the pre-album singles to sort out that and Boy in my mind. It hadn't dawned on me to do the other singles.

TWO WEEKS. :drool:

April, LOVE the new avatar. So pretty.

Thanks. Audrey :heart:

I am insanely jealous of the first part of your post, but I hope you all have an amazing time. :up:

I just registered for this:

Headless Horseman 5K

I finish moving that morning and this is later that same day. These distractions will help me from thinking about how awesome Vegas would have been. *sniff*

It's all sorts of awesome.

And the video cracks me up.

"Let's run around a prison, open doors, and turn into beams of light. That sounds like a fantastic idea!"

My favorite early video is still "The Unforgettable Fire."

The Mullet, Bono watching over everyone like a creep, Adam's duster, Edge getting stuck in the snow again, literally showing a carnival...

Pretty much anything Bono did up until the Joshua Tree was unintentionally hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom