Shuttlecock XIV: Bono the Vampire Slayer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Same here. Oops.

While I was at the Hollywood Bowl, I looked up and saw an X formed by two spot lights. I almost took a picture and sent it to you, but I didn't know if it would turn out, and I was a little inebriated, so I kinda just let it go. But, the point is, whenever I see an X, I think of you. Or a dog. Or an Owl.

Another TL/DR Y so serious post, skip it if you like.

As some of you might have noticed, my posting dropped off of a cliff a few years ago and has since been relegated to bursts around new albums/tours. But I'll always be fond of this place and there was a good stretch of time where the sheer volume of musical recommendations, film recommendations, TV recommendations, discussions about all of those, discussions about books, discussions about sports, not to mention the hilarity of many a thread, was colossal and something to actually look forward to, no matter how robust/busy my life might have been at any given time. I shut Facebook down a few months ago and I don't miss it one iota; there's no impulse to use it - but I do miss this place sometimes and I am genuinely glad and grateful that I talk to some of you offsite and have met a good number of you (Axver we'll always have Paris).

When I signed up to use the site it was right after seeing the Vertigo tour open in San Diego (Which Joyful hated, if I recollect, but I love it because dropping Electric Co/An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart into a setlist, plus Zoo Station, was unfuckingexpected) and I was hyped and just wanted to hear more about the tour as I planned to attend more and more shows. I had never been on any web site of this variety prior to (and have not since, actually). I couldn't name a Steeler or Yankee or Gene Wolfe (Laz, come on already) or you name it fan site if you put a gun to my head. Anyway, point is, I was here strictly for information, I didn't know what a thread or forum was, etc....so if you told me that I'd make friends via a web site I'd have laughed at the notion. Hard. For many reasons. But I have, and it's been a wonderful surprise, even all these years later.

And it's funny, a lot of friends, some very close to me, have asked me about the Rose Bowl shows and if I wanted to go with them, or if they could come with me, or if I'd be coming to NYC or Chicago to see shows with them there, etc. They know how much I love the band and I've actually been to shows with some of them in the past. But for this, I'd much rather see a show with any number of you. It's just one of those things.

Anyway, I guess this is a long thank you to you guys for not just sharing a great passion with me but for all the other things you collectively have brought to the table here on this site.

Another TL/DR Y so serious post, skip it if you like.

As some of you might have noticed, my posting dropped off of a cliff a few years ago and has since been relegated to bursts around new albums/tours. But I'll always be fond of this place and there was a good stretch of time where the sheer volume of musical recommendations, film recommendations, TV recommendations, discussions about all of those, discussions about books, discussions about sports, not to mention the hilarity of many a thread, was colossal and something to actually look forward to, no matter how robust/busy my life might have been at any given time. I shut Facebook down a few months ago and I don't miss it one iota; there's no impulse to use it - but I do miss this place sometimes and I am genuinely glad and grateful that I talk to some of you offsite and have met a good number of you (Axver we'll always have Paris).

When I signed up to use the site it was right after seeing the Vertigo tour open in San Diego (Which Joyful hated, if I recollect, but I love it because dropping Electric Co/An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart into a setlist, plus Zoo Station, was unfuckingexpected) and I was hyped and just wanted to hear more about the tour as I planned to attend more and more shows. I had never been on any web site of this variety prior to (and have not since, actually). I couldn't name a Steeler or Yankee or Gene Wolfe (Laz, come on already) or you name it fan site if you put a gun to my head. Anyway, point is, I was here strictly for information, I didn't know what a thread or forum was, etc....so if you told me that I'd make friends via a web site I'd have laughed at the notion. Hard. For many reasons. But I have, and it's been a wonderful surprise, even all these years later.

And it's funny, a lot of friends, some very close to me, have asked me about the Rose Bowl shows and if I wanted to go with them, or if they could come with me, or if I'd be coming to NYC or Chicago to see shows with them there, etc. They know how much I love the band and I've actually been to shows with some of them in the past. But for this, I'd much rather see a show with any number of you. It's just one of those things.

Anyway, I guess this is a long thank you to you guys for not just sharing a great passion with me but for all the other things you collectively have brought to the table here on this site.

:hug:. Really hoping that I see you at the Rose Bowl.

Also, please stop bringing things to tables. You know what happened the last time.

backstagecoachella.jpg

The site has been fun these last few days with the returnees. Very happy to have you people around more actively.

NSW's comment on not missing FB but coming back to interference is spot on. I quit FB a few years ago and can't phantom going back to it. And yet, I'll probably keep coming back here - maybe less frequently over time, who knows - for the reasons you say. But thank you for saying this.

Also, a shame I won't be able to hand-waive at you in NYC or Chicago this time around.

This is the time for Laz to make an inappropriate joke to get us back on track.

The site has been fun these last few days with the returnees. Very happy to have you people around more actively.

NSW's comment on not missing FB but coming back to interference is spot on. I quit FB a few years ago and can't phantom going back to it. And yet, I'll probably keep coming back here - maybe less frequently over time, who knows - for the reasons you say. But thank you for saying this.

Also, a shame I won't be able to hand-waive at you in NYC or Chicago this time around.

This is the time for Laz to make an inappropriate joke to get us back on track.

Playing "spot Gump" at MSG was fun, and taking in one of the shows together was a nice, last minute surprise.

:hug:. Really hoping that I see you at the Rose Bowl.

Also, please stop bringing things to tables. You know what happened the last time.

backstagecoachella.jpg

We're in seats but I hope to show up early enough to say "hi" to whoever I know in the GA line.....hopefully I can get that done. If not, with things much more settled now, a Dodger game could be a thing.

We're in seats but I hope to show up early enough to say "hi" to whoever I know in the GA line.....hopefully I can get that done. If not, with things much more settled now, a Dodger game could be a thing.

The offer to meet you for coffee is still always on the table. But I digress.

I do have one bone to pick with you about leaving Facebook: You may be enjoying the hell out of it, but you are FUCKING UP MY TIMEHOP so bad. Do you have any idea how often a post comes up in my memories and it looks like I'm talking to myself because all of your comments have disappeared?

EDIT: Do you see this? Look what you've done to me.

1620l54.jpg

I'm also really loving the reappearance of the old gang. I love this place when it's jumping like it had been in the last few days. I can count on you guys to brighten my day with a stupid joke or two.

I'm super glad you're posting again, NSW.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Yeah, but what about Gary Sanchez?

Man, I never replied to your email. Sorry. HOW ABOUT 'DAT FARM SYSTEM???

I'm so ready for this transition to a full blown youth movement plus whatever/whoever they add in FA prior to 2019. Even if few of the kids pan out, it's still a exciting process.

The offer to meet you for coffee is still always on the table. But I digress.

I do have one bone to pick with you about leaving Facebook: You may be enjoying the hell out of it, but you are FUCKING UP MY TIMEHOP so bad. Do you have any idea how often a post comes up in my memories and it looks like I'm talking to myself because all of your comments have disappeared?

EDIT: Do you see this? Look what you've done to me.

1620l54.jpg

So you look insane. Not the first or last time that's gonna happen, now is it? Plus the Cubs won the WS, you should have no life complaints for a long time.

I'm also really loving the reappearance of the old gang. I love this place when it's jumping like it had been in the last few days. I can count on you guys to brighten my day with a stupid joke or two.

I'm super glad you're posting again, NSW.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Thanks, Martha. I don't know how long I'll be around and you can be 100% fucking sure the second any rehearsal leaks occur I'm gone (cos they gots to play more than the JT)....but today.....this day. I am here.

So you look insane. Not the first or last time that's gonna happen, now is it? Plus the Cubs won the WS, you should have no life complaints for a long time.
I thought I'd ride that wave for eternity, but then just a few days later....the election. Took a while to get back to an even keel after that one, not sure I'm quite there yet, even, but I'm at least back to being misty-eyed and full of wonder every time I see a Cubs logo....which is often....you might recall my bracelet, lanyard, pins on backpack, little Joe Maddon that sits on my desk, jacket, jersey and multiple shirts I have around declaring proudly the impossible.

I thought I'd ride that wave for eternity, but then just a few days later....the election. Took a while to get back to an even keel after that one, not sure I'm quite there yet, even, but I'm at least back to being misty-eyed and full of wonder every time I see a Cubs logo....which is often....you might recall my bracelet, lanyard, pins on backpack, little Joe Maddon that sits on my desk, jacket, jersey and multiple shirts I have around declaring proudly the impossible.

When was the last time I saw a Cubs logo in person? Was it at Game 1 of the WS? Oh, wait, no, duh, it was at Game 2. God that was f....wait, no, it was at Game 6, silly me. Well, actually, Game 6 was the last time until I was at Game 7.

until I was at Game 7.

until I was at Game 7.

When was the last time I saw a Cubs logo in person? Was it at Game 1 of the WS? Oh, wait, no, duh, it was at Game 2. God that was f....wait, no, it was at Game 6, silly me. Well, actually, Game 6 was the last time until I was at Game 7.

until I was at Game 7.

until I was at Game 7.
At least you weren't at Game 4 and 5 while I was standing out in the street.

I hate you :(

Chicago Death March 2017 GA secured for night two.

Next up, Radiohead presale. U2 and Radiohead presales on the same day. If I were trying to get tickets for both in the same time zone I would be :crazy:

Man, I never replied to your email. Sorry. HOW ABOUT 'DAT FARM SYSTEM???

I'm so ready for this transition to a full blown youth movement plus whatever/whoever they add in FA prior to 2019. Even if few of the kids pan out, it's still a exciting process.

Holy shit, this is the most excited I've been about the Yankees since 2009/10. Still a couple of years away, but they have so many promising KIDZ that some of them are bound to pan out, even if most of them are busts as is often the case. THE GLEYB! watch should be fun.

Also:

arod-corp-86289575.jpg

I think I figured out where/how to get tickets in the Radiohead presale. We'll see if I'm full of shit or not. Looking at posts on Waste, I see I'm not alone. That website is fucking hard to navigate, man.

Still waiting for my friend to let me know if she's up for it or not. I love her, but she's kind of a flake sometimes. (But not a stupid kind of flake, because while she was getting her doctorate, she also was secretly writing a novel, which is going to be published and has a release date and cover and everything.)

EDIT: LOL their site sucks, I didn't have the link and didn't find it until 10 minutes after the sale started. Oh well. I'll stop talking about Radiohead in here.

Last edited:
Excited for fans in other cities that are getting second shows, but it remains disappointing that Philadelphia is not among them.

Holy shit, this is the most excited I've been about the Yankees since 2009/10. Still a couple of years away, but they have so many promising KIDZ that some of them are bound to pan out, even if most of them are busts as is often the case. THE GLEYB! watch should be fun.

Also:

arod-corp-86289575.jpg

The GLEYB! watch alone is exciting, and it'll of course be interesting to see just how good Sanchez is across 162.

Current poll has Luminous Times ahead of The Three Sunrises on the chopping block by one vote, 11-10. Just about an hour and a half left to vote. You can make a difference!

Current poll has Luminous Times ahead of The Three Sunrises on the chopping block by one vote, 11-10. Just about an hour and a half left to vote. You can make a difference!

Done. Normally I wouldn't vote for Three Sunrises, but I needed to save Luminous Times there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom