Shuttlecock X: Cobbler gets on stage and forces U2 into a medley of Outkast covers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember Live Aid. Was quite the big deal at the time. Spent most of a nice summer day watching MTV.

Me too :wave:

After letting a few days pass and maybe letting "that space cadet glow" wear off but Friday's show was outstanding.

So today is the 30th anniversary of Live Aid. I was just 7 years old about to turn 8 so I have no memory of it really. My parents had no interest in it and we didn't have cable television either.

I have fond memories of Live8 and how horribly it was covered on MTV.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Happy early birthday :)

We didn't have MTV, but the local CBS affiliate broadcast a few hours of the concert in the afternoon, so I saw that. Nothing stood out at the time - I couldn't remember who I saw. Then I watched the primetime coverage on ABC (?) and swooned mightily over Duran Duran.

Some years later I babysat for a neighbor who had all the MTV footage on VHS. :drool:

I swear she also told me that his stupid posting style is because he lost an arm in the war or something.

He burned his hand trying to save Mumford and Sons from a volcano.

Seriously I feel like the legend changes every time.

At first I was going to say it would be awfully insensitive to be making fun of this were it actually true.

But then I realized if Martha got an unwarranted massage she probably would have remembered a non-existent or prosthetic arm.

I recall the story being that he'd suffered nerve damage in one of his hands which impacted his ability to type, but I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on the subject. There are plenty of unknowns with that family. For example: has his brother ever been on stage at a U2 show? I feel like this magic 8-ball is cloudy every time, friends. We'll just never get the answers we are looking for.

At first I was going to say it would be awfully insensitive to be making fun of this were it actually true.

But then I realized if Martha got an unwarranted massage she probably would have remembered a non-existent or prosthetic arm.

A "one handed massage" sounds like one of Lance's mom's value options.

Perhaps he stopped to give Martha a one handed deep tissue massage while being pursued by Harrison Ford who in turn was being pursued by Tommy Lee Jones.

Had it been a few years later, Ford would have caught him easily, probably runs 2 minute miles backwards these days.

35jgwn8.gif

I recall the story being that he'd suffered nerve damage in one of his hands which impacted his ability to type, but I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on the subject. There are plenty of unknowns with that family. For example: has his brother ever been on stage at a U2 show? I feel like this magic 8-ball is cloudy every time, friends. We'll just never get the answers we are looking for.

Not to minimize whatever disabilities he may or may not have, but none of these explanations account for all the line breaks. One of the great mysteries of our time.

The Miss You snippet at the end of Crystal Ballroom last night was well done.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Really excited about the upcoming marathon of NYC shows, guys. I haven't been too much into this tour, but the proximity to actually seeing them changes things.

I still don't have tickets for the first show on Saturday, but hopefully they will pop up in ticketbastard soon. I'm skipping Sunday for my anniversary, but then attending all six final shows. I'm a bit afraid of an overdose, but I would hate if they played a favorite song (read: Bad) in a concert I'm missing.

If I weren't spending a week in Wisconsin with friends and family in August, I'd have used that money and vacation time to be in NYC.

I mean, I love my family and all, but .... U2, guys! :(

I've downloaded them, but haven't listened to one since Phoenix, to be honest. The Vancouver and Phoenix ones I listened to all sounded fine, but none really stood out as "oh, this one sounds so good it's going to live on my iPod."

I'm really behind on my bootleg upkeep this tour. :(

I've downloaded them, but haven't listened to one since Phoenix, to be honest. The Vancouver and Phoenix ones I listened to all sounded fine, but none really stood out as "oh, this one sounds so good it's going to live on my iPod."

I'm really behind on my bootleg upkeep this tour. :(

I hear that. I'm a little disappointed that both shows from the Chicago 6-25 show I saw both have way too much crowd chatter. One of the tapers even said that he was moving around to try to get away from an annoying guy and that the guy kept following him.

Back
Top Bottom