Shuttlecock X: Cobbler gets on stage and forces U2 into a medley of Outkast covers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's the place to be. :up: Have fun.

Agreed, especially if you are above average height, I had great views of both stages.

Really was a great spot. 5'11" so able to see both stages fine and had Larry right in front of me during Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bono on his knees right in front of me during the MOS snippet at end of Bad.

Whatever, this show had Ordinary Love and Elevation.

Bad + a double encore that didn't include ISHFWILF was nice, though.

Being night 1 fully expected Elevation...but its a fun live song, far superior to album version so no big issue there. Ordinary Love on the other hand....slaughters the shows momentum, especially when followed by piano Every Breaking Wave. But the end of the show made up for it.

Now since I'm not going tonight, NYD will debut, Crystal Ballroom will be played and 11 O'Clock tick Talk will be the 5th encore song after an impromptu but sloppy Acrobat.

It started after whatever show was right after the SCOTUS ruling. He said something like "ugh, I hope Bono doesn't go on and on about it, I'm so sick of hearing about it."

At first he was trying to make it sound like he was more against the SCOTUS piece of it (like, a Constitutional thing. I get that - my brother is along that vein, although he thinks people should get to marry whomever they want). But nope, last night he finally said what the rest of us had suspected right off the bat. Being gay is "wrong" and is a "lifestyle" we have to kowtow to.

I had been ready for bed at 9:15 (behold my wicked Friday night lifestyle), and yet was up for an extra hour because I had shit to say.

Which clerks said carrying on the argument was a little like verbal masturbation - "my opinion is important and must be heard" even though you're talking to a brick wall. Which is pretty valid, and I wish I would have been able to find my "ugh, fuck it" mood last night right off the bat.

Oh well. New day, I give fewer shits, I have a cold-brewed coffee and am meeting friends for brunch in an hour, my friends got to see a bitchin' show last night. It's all good.

Last edited:
Hey cori, how good is cold-brew coffee :drool:

Amazing. There's a local (?) brand called Stumptown that sells little bottles of it. I'm hooked. And then Starbucks just came out with its own for the summer, and that's super good, too. I normally need something sweet in my coffee, but this is perfection with a little cream.

I'm having Stumptown hot coffee right now.

I don't really get cold coffee. It's true I've never tried it, yet I feel like I really never want it to come near my lips. I love coffee ice cream, though. So maybe I should give the cold stuff a try.
although it's unlikely that I will

I may not like Same Love but I hope it stays as outro music until this particular poster sees a show.

Tonight, you mean?

Amazing. There's a local (?) brand called Stumptown that sells little bottles of it. I'm hooked. And then Starbucks just came out with its own for the summer, and that's super good, too. I normally need something sweet in my coffee, but this is perfection with a little cream.
I'm sorry, but this cold brew craze is just the worst.

Hey guys, want you coffee to taste like beer?! Here you go.

Stumptown cold brew cans is the only kind I've tried. My friend at work bought it, poured some for both of us, and then he sadly worked his way through the remainder of the can, miserable about his wasted 4 dollars of terrible.

Thankfully he only poured me a small amount that I choked down.

I'm talking like a shot of coffee, plus ice and condensed milk..? That's the shit. I don't like coffee but I'll drink tons of that.

And thanks for the like, joyful :)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm sorry, but this cold brew craze is just the worst.

What I hate is this lukewarm coffee bullshit currently trending (at least here), and, when I question it, getting some pretentious answer from baristas about achieving the perfect temperature to release the sweetness of the milk without destroying the flavor with high temperature.

This always comes from somebody who ran coffee bars at sea level, and this bullshit doesn't fly at 7000 feet where hot drinks get cold super fast. So my lukewarm latte with its perfect sweetness of heated milk is cold by the time I walk to the car.

I had the best cappuccino I've ever had in Amsterdam last month. The beans were from New Zealand. And I need those beans.

So you mean "iced coffee".

I'm glad you differentiated:

Cold brew, cold press, or toddy coffee refers to the process of steeping coffee grounds in room temperature or cold water for an extended period.
Process

Cold brew system.

The cold-press process requires grinding: coarse-ground beans are soaked in water for a prolonged period of time, usually 12 hours or more. The water is normally kept at room temperature, but chilled water can also be used. The grounds must be filtered out of the water after they have been steeped using a paper coffee filter, a fine metal sieve, a French press or felt in the case of the Toddy system. The result is a coffee concentrate that is often diluted with water or milk, and can be served hot, over ice, or blended with ice and other ingredients such as chocolate.
Cold brewed coffee naturally seems sweeter due to its lower acidity. Because the coffee beans in cold-press coffee never come into contact with heated water, the process of leaching flavor from the beans produces a different chemical profile from conventional brewing methods. There are also high levels of caffeine in a cup of cold brewed coffee compared to hot brewed coffee. Cold bloomed tea is a similar process using tea as opposed to coffee.[1]
Cold brew coffee is not to be confused with iced coffee, which generally refers to coffee that is brewed hot and then chilled by pouring over or adding ice, though iced coffee can refer to cold brew coffee served on ice.
See also

References

1. Peters, A. Brewing Makes the Difference. 14th Colloquium of Association for Science and Information on Coffee. Archived from the original (PDF) on 5 November 2014. Retrieved 5 November 2014.

Like beer??! Ha. That's a new comparison I've never heard. I've never seen it in a can, though.

My mistake. I was mixing it up with the nitrogen infused cold brew coffee. Basically they want it to be like tap beer.

It's awful.

Nitrogen-Infused Coffee That Tastes Like Beer is All The Rage | Mental Floss

The one I had:

stumptowncoldbrew.0.0.png

Doesn't it just look amazing.

Bad 2 nights in a row?

COBL dropped?

The mini stage thing continues to be so stale, with only occasional bursts of surprise. What is the fucking problem that they prefer to give more exposure to ATYCLB or R&H material than Volcano, Crystal Ballroom, etc?

Cobl wasn't dropped - they just messed with the main set order a bit, moved the encore break and apparently skipped Still Haven't Found at the end.

Bad 2 nights in a row?

COBL dropped?

The mini stage thing continues to be so stale, with only occasional bursts of surprise. What is the fucking problem that they prefer to give more exposure to ATYCLB or R&H material than Volcano, Crystal Ballroom, etc?

COBL was the 19th song. It was weird how the Stephen Hawking intro began right as WOWY ended.

I think the RAH songs deserve a bit of a run in North America. I can't say I'm a particularly big fan of Angel of Harlem or Desire (though I do love Lovetown Desire), but with the exception of one performance of the former in 2005 and an appearance in a medley with She's the One of the latter in 2009, they had not been performed in North America since 2001. In fact, it's quite possible for somebody in North America to have seen U2 on every tour since Popmart and to have not heard either Angel Of Harlem or Desire live.

Though I do agree with your general point that they could do a lot more with the E stage variation. For one thing, two rotating slots is obviously too little given how much they're trying to squeeze in.

I have to admit I do like their confidence in the new material, the amount of songs they've played and continue to play, whether it's regular or not. But I cannot understand how California is not a regular, Reach Around hasn't been played, and how few outings The Troubles has had.

I'd take Rattle and Hum material, an album that was never a favourite, over new stuff in a heartbeat.

I'd probably take Crystal Ballroom and California over those RAH tracks but given the choice of them or Lucifer's Hands or Volcano or Ordinary Love... Desire/AOH erry day

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The love California gets is particularly mystifying to me.

I'd take Rattle and Hum material, an album that was never a favourite, over new stuff in a heartbeat.

Personally, if I didn't like what the band was currently doing, I wouldn't bother to see them play live. Or bitch about setlists featuring recent material.

I've never had interest in seeing some nostalgia act, even if it was my first time seeing an older artist.

I just want to hear good tunes. I don't care if they were written yesterday or fifty years ago. In the case of U2, the good tunes generally were not written recently.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom