Shuttlecock VII: Journeys to The Edge of the catwalk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Campfire medley of Cedarwood Road and Get On Your Boots, dedicated to thavidesco. :)

Amusingly enough, if they wanted to really shit their audience off, I notice there's a piano on stage now... you could easily do an old-timey barroom piano version of The Fly (Deadwood mix).

The Fly/ Old Time Rock n Roll / Layla

Tonight was good as well. Got to pay attention to the screen. Enjoyed hearing 5 diff songs. I thought both Angel of Harlem and Love Comes to Town were really good. Miracle Drug chorus change was weird, but I enjoyed the rest of it.

Even nose bleeds make for good sets this tour, as long as you're sitting on the sides.

Got to hang out with Joyful and HG afterwards. Pretty sure I got drunk off of one drink and acted like a fool. I'm an Ex-Mormon light weight.

Amusingly enough, if they wanted to really shit their audience off, I notice there's a piano on stage now... you could easily do an old-timey barroom piano version of The Fly (Deadwood mix).

The Fly/ Old Time Rock n Roll / Layla

Don't encourage them! They've actually rehearsed an acoustic version of The Fly.

I had to talk to myself for like 9 million posts in a row in the mma thread cos mofo was too busy getting high to watch the fights. Goddamn hippie.

Is it worth me trying to hold out on updates to watch the replay of tomorrow, or should I just look at results and see highlights?

So the band is now taking the stage to Patti Smith's People Have The Power instead of Beat On The Brat? Wonder how long this will go on for.

Topical and not as "fun", but a great track. And I loved when it was snippeted at the end of Bad on the Vertigo tour.

Tonight was good as well. Got to pay attention to the screen. Enjoyed hearing 5 diff songs. I thought both Angel of Harlem and Love Comes to Town were really good. Miracle Drug chorus change was weird, but I enjoyed the rest of it.

Even nose bleeds make for good sets this tour, as long as you're sitting on the sides.

Got to hang out with Joyful and HG afterwards. Pretty sure I got drunk off of one drink and acted like a fool. I'm an Ex-Mormon light weight.

:up:

I won't tell anyone although I admit I'm still shocked by what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It troubles me that they seem to have discarded The Troubles already :slant:

Yeah, this is rather pathetic, though as I said it may have been one slow song too many.

With 5 nights in Los Angeles, hopefully it gets rotated back in. Because if it doesn't make an appearance on a long stand like that, it's done.

Regardless they need to be playing another new song on the regular.

I won't tell anyone although I admit I'm still shocked by what happened.

Thank you for not publicly shaming me.

Well color me intrigued. I wonder what could have happened... :hmm:

lmphump-1.gif

I had such a fucking blast, you guys. I'm so glad I went.

I started reading some of the threads, and I am this close to just telling all the people complaining about setlists* to fuck off and do a mic drop off the site.

Yeah, I could take or leave Beautiful Day at this point. But I looked around a lot during both shows, and everyone was just so damned happy and excited. How is that ever a bad thing? I'm not going to get pissy about the band doing stuff that makes that many people go nuts, you know?

The crowd both nights was amazing. And the band looked like they were having fun. In God's Country was a blast, and I thought it was hilarious when they fucked up Sweetest Thing (I think Bono was playing in a different key). Bad. Out of Control. Electric Co. Still love the new stuff, and guess what? It's finally happening - I like Song For Someone now.

I got to hang out with loads of people I was excited to see. Wish I'd gotten to spend more time with joyful and mofo, but was happy to run into mofo**. Was able to find joyful in her seats both nights and wave to her like a crazy person.

It's just all good, it's all joy. I don't think I care about setlists anymore***

*except you guys. I love you guys. (Except a few of you. you know who you are.)

**I learned that mofo really isn't a hugger. Sorry about that, mofo. :wink:

***this opinion subject to change. But not for a while, at least. i've seen U2 play Zooropa multiple times. It's kind of all gravy from here. I'm enjoying it for what it is. A freaking U2 concert, you know?

I started reading some of the threads, and I am this close to just telling all the people complaining about setlists* to fuck off and do a mic drop off the site.

Yeah, I could take or leave Beautiful Day at this point. But I looked around a lot during both shows, and everyone was just so damned happy and excited. How is that ever a bad thing?

The crowd both nights was amazing. In God's Country was a blast, and I thought it was hilarious when they fucked up Sweetest Thing (I think Bono was playing in a different key). Bad. Out of Control. Electric Co. Still love the new stuff, and guess what? It's finally happening - I like Song For Someone now.

I got to hang out with loads of people I was excited to see. Wish I'd gotten to spend more time with joyful and mofo, but was happy to run into mofo**. Was able to find joyful in her seats both nights and wave to her like a crazy person.

It's just all good, it's all joy. I don't think I care about setlists anymore***

**I learned that mofo really isn't a hugger. Sorry about that, mofo. :wink

***as always, this opinion subject to change. But not for a while, at least. i've seen U2 play Zooropa multiple times. It's kind of all gravy from here. I'm enjoying it for what it is. A freaking U2 concert, you know?

:hug: (I'm not mofo). :)

As I mentioned on ye olde Facebook, so glad you went.

Oh, and of course I bought another shirt. Since I ended up at a place where they were selling the nice logo shirts they didn't have in Vancouver. :wink:

My only disappointment of the trip? My picture of DRay finally hearing Out of Control didn't turn out. I so wanted to share that with everyone. He was so happy, you guys. :heart:

Yeah, I could take or leave Beautiful Day at this point. But I looked around a lot during both shows, and everyone was just so damned happy and excited. How is that ever a bad thing? I'm not going to get pissy about the band doing stuff that makes that many people go nuts, you know?

The crowd both nights was amazing. And the band looked like they were having fun. In God's Country was a blast, and I thought it was hilarious when they fucked up Sweetest Thing (I think Bono was playing in a different key). Bad. Out of Control. Electric Co. Still love the new stuff, and guess what? It's finally happening - I like Song For Someone now.

**I learned that mofo really isn't a hugger. Sorry about that, mofo. :wink:

***this opinion subject to change. But not for a while, at least. i've seen U2 play Zooropa multiple times. It's kind of all gravy from here. I'm enjoying it for what it is. A freaking U2 concert, you know?

:up:

The crowd and band both having fun? I'd take the most predictable setlist of songs that aren't my favorites at a show where everyone on stage and off the stage seems to be enjoying themselves over some kind of omfg dream setlist anyway. Sounds like a good time.

I don't even realize I'd reacted weird, now I'm going to be paranoid any time someone hugs me!

I bought two shirts, black one with the band that has white and yellow back drop behind them, and a navy logo one.

I wanted a water bottle, but the cooler looking black one is tiny, and the larger white one is ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom