Shuttlecock VII: Journeys to The Edge of the catwalk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
also, for people complaining about lack of audience energy... U2 shows aren't just about singing and dancing and jumping. there's a hell of a lot going on and you have to pay attention to even begin to absorb it all. Everyone around me was listening intently if rather quietly. There was virtually no talking, beer runs, cell phone action, etc. and I fully appreciated it. They went wild over the old stuff, really paid attention to the new songs, what more could you ask for?

There was a bizarre mass exodus in my section during Bad but I chalked it up to possibly babysitters, work schedules, whatever. Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm drawing a blank, but are there any songs they haven't played yet that they could do in honour of the Ireland same sex marriage referendum? I imagine Bono will at least mention it tonight.

All I Want is You would work.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I came in here to bring up the same subject. I'd be very surprised if the band didn't acknowledge this, as they've been supportive of the gay community in the past. Bono could certainly say something before One, which has been resonant for many people w/r/t that subject. Seems like the most obvious choice to me.

Thematically, I think Invisible would apply well, but it would be hard to work any speechifying into a second act opener. And then there's Pride, which is about MLK but can be appropriated for gay pride or for any kind of human rights movement.

There are options.

also, for people complaining about lack of audience energy... U2 shows aren't just about singing and dancing and jumping. there's a hell of a lot going on and you have to pay attention to even begin to absorb it all. Everyone around me was listening intently if rather quietly. There was virtually no talking, beer runs, cell phone action, etc. and I fully appreciated it. They went wild over the old stuff, really paid attention to the new songs, what more could you ask for?

There was a bizarre mass exodus in my section during Bad but I chalked it up to possibly babysitters, work schedules, whatever. Who knows.

I went batshit crazy during Bad in Vancouver, FWIW. So did the girl standing next to me.

I went batshit crazy during Bad in Vancouver, FWIW. So did the girl standing next to me.

I didn't go batshit crazy during Bad so much as just get totally lost in the song. Highpoint of my two shows so far, but I will agree that it was fun and sometimes more to hear the new tunes. That's a major part of the pre-show excitement for me, wondering which new tunes will translate Live, etc. For me, so far, Cedarwood and Invisible are the two in-concert winners.

Thanks for the feedback from Phoenix, guys! Enjoy tonight.

If I ever get pulled on stage to play guitar with U2 I am going to hug everyone first and then hug Bono 3 times before he tells me to play guitar already.

If we're talking picks of songs, I'd actually take One. It would be one hell of a way to redeem myself from my 11th grade choir final when I forgot the words and thought that if I strummed loud enough no one would notice I was repeating the first verse.

Could you see in the video that Larry held the sticks like a cross to ward off the crazy guy?

He was laughing a smiling quite a bit last night.

Just got in GA. Tons of space on our side still. Were about 3 rows back half way between the stages.

Can't wait.

Alcohol is the new gateway drug for mofo.

I won't ruin the fights for you in this thread.

I had to talk to myself for like 9 million posts in a row in the mma thread cos mofo was too busy getting high to watch the fights. Goddamn hippie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom