Shuttlecock! Part VI - No! Net! No Net on the Horizon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Squints was great. Smalls was such a dumbass, though. He didn't even know who Babe Ruth was.

Who?

The sultan of swat. The colossus of clout. (The colossus of clout). THE GREAT BAMBINO.

Amazon UK update: So the deluxe edition is no longer listed on the website. At this point, the orders haven't been cancelled yet. What I find interesting is that none of the prices of the other items have changed. So theoretically, that £18 price for the magazine edition is still valid. Now it could be that they didn't inspect that item because everyone was buying the deluxe at the same price, or they really are selling it that cheap.

I guess my point is that even if they do cancel these orders and raise the price, it still may wind up being a cheaper on than anything you can find in the U.S.

P.S. Go cock yourselves.

I accidentally referred to "Cockplay" in WTAHAN.

This thread has taken over my brain. Instead of having to remember to Cockify everything in here, I have to keep reminding myself to un-Cockify it there.

I guess my point is that even if they do cancel these orders and raise the price, it still may wind up being a cheaper on than anything you can find in the U.S.

when you brought this up the other day in The Other Place, didn't someone quote the site's policy for incorrect pricing? Did I misread, or did it basically say "our bad, you get the lower price"?

I hope so, because I sure do like $whatever-the-US-price-is-when-it's-$18-pounds-or-whatever over $72 US bucks including tax.

I accidentally referred to "Cockplay" in WTAHAN.

This thread has taken over my brain. Instead of having to remember to Cockify everything in here, I have to keep reminding myself to un-Cockify it there.

this is much what it's like being gay.

when you brought this up the other day in The Other Place, didn't someone quote the site's policy for incorrect pricing? Did I misread, or did it basically say "our bad, you get the lower price"?

I hope so, because I sure do like $whatever-the-US-price-is-when-it's-$18-pounds-or-whatever over $72 US bucks including tax.

Well that's if they have something at a higher price, you order it, and then they lower it. They retro-adjust it for you. This is a case of flat-out incorrect pricing (obviously both editions aren't supposed to be the same amount), and someone said that they've cancelled stuff like that in the past.

But if that magazine edition pricing is correct, a "new" price on the deluxe box could turn out to be like £35, which still comes out to only $50 U.S. It could go all the way up to £45 before it stops being worth it to order from them.

Oh. Damn. Oh well. We'll see what happens!

I understand the anticipation of wanting to hear the new album RIGHT NOW, and I understand the silly fun of hanging out online with other like-minded people going nutso over stuff, but .....

... is it just me, or is there an awful lot of entitlement going on over in The Other Place regarding the leak? It's crossed a line from "I can't wait to hear it" to "what is going ON! Why hasn't it leaked! This is ridiculous!"

They're starting to scare me.

The idea that they deserve a leak and are being disrespected by not getting one is absurd.

I'm personally very happy, much less time to resist the temptation.

In 2004, the album leaked 17 days before it was released in the US. Currently, we're 15 days away from the US release.

Universal has already won!

To be fair, most of these people are probably going to buy it anyway when it comes out.

But yeah, getting petulant about something not being available illegally is all kinds of crazy.

Not that one should expect anything less in that place.

I'm personally very happy, much less time to resist the temptation.

Me, too. I'm already going nutso not reading the early reviews that are coming out. Not that you can really put too much stock into those damned things, but still.

Although to be honest, my expectations for the album are already sky-high, so if anything, it might help me to read one or two negative early reviews. But from the little I've heard, so far they're positive.

If I cave on anything between now and March 3rd, I'll cave on reading some of the reviews or articles.

Oh, yeah, I'm sure 99% of the people here are buying that shit. It's just a joke that they're dedicating so much time to being angry about the fact that it's not here.

As if Shuttlecock should just leak it themselves or something. Come on!

There are 375 people in that leak thread.

Not discussing something that's been released.

WAITING. For a leak. That hasn't come. And is not promised to come today.

What a bunch of fucking jackals.

it's a place where people expect U2 to tailor-make every album according to their own specific needs.

and when U2 doesn't do that, it's proof that they're only about the $$$ and they'll never again measure up to Achtung Baby and then band's pure-as-the-driven-snow motives back in 1991 when everything was good and right with U2.

Me, too. I'm already going nutso not reading the early reviews that are coming out. Not that you can really put too much stock into those damned things, but still.

Although to be honest, my expectations for the album are already sky-high, so if anything, it might help me to read one or two negative early reviews. But from the little I've heard, so far they're positive.

If I cave on anything between now and March 3rd, I'll cave on reading some of the reviews or articles.

Well, I have done that already, I'm adding reviews to the NNOTH Wiki page.

And heaven forbid you try and joke around about what you're all in there waiting for, by oh .... say, creating punny songs. That's OFF TOPIC and the forum police will :tsk: at you.

Honestly.

Although creating new threads just to mock them is pretty weak. It's better to mock right there in the thread, or mock from afar.

There are 375 people in that leak thread.

Not discussing something that's been released.

WAITING. For a leak. That hasn't come. And is not promised to come today.

What a bunch of fucking jackals.

Just wait till I start doing the same thing in the Grizzly Bear thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom